Baby Inch Dumbbells Update

domedude

Update on finding a baby Inch Dumbbell.

I finally gave up on trying to find anyone in the US who made them, or anyone who might have one to sell.  After watching Doug Dude get his from Gods of Grip, I checked again and the shipping has come way down since they got a Fedex account.  So I ordered a 66kg one, that is supposedly being shipped in a few days, and it was about $578 total, which I thought was pretty reasonable.  I also asked about getting more than one at once, to maybe save on shipping, but it would have only been about $40-50 less per dumbbell.

• Like 3

That's awesome!  Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.  Wishing you all the best in your training!

• Like 1

Thanks, Doug.  I hope my training goes as well as yours seems to be going.  From watching your videos, I fully expect you to lift a full-weight Inch in 2024.

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, domedude said:

Thanks, Doug.  I hope my training goes as well as yours seems to be going.  From watching your videos, I fully expect you to lift a full-weight Inch in 2024.

Steve

Thanks Steve!  It helps that I enjoy it immensely and incorporate it every chance I get.   @ZRMMA probably didn't know the fire he lit under me when I got that kettlebell at the end of Heavy Hands.  🔥

Speaking of Zach, are you watching "The Grip Show (Episode 15) The Thomas Inch Dumbbell"?  I'm only two interviews in (Nathan Holle and Adam Glass) and already learning a lot.  I plan on watching more tonight!

• Like 3

I haven't watched it but now I will.  I want to do whatever you've been doing since it seems to be working pretty well.

Steve

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, domedude said:

I haven't watched it but now I will.  I want to do whatever you've been doing since it seems to be working pretty well.

Steve

Thanks again, Steve!

During the interview, Adam Glass talks about using magnets to make it easier or harder to lift.  Great tips during that discussion.  Personally I think magnets have helped me.

I also think my new deficit loading pin (a Heavy Hands giveaway) has helped me improve off the floor.  Ex. I may do single hand 2" Napalm Nightmare lifts (working up to two 100lb plates) before I switch to baby inch work.  When I first tried it in September I think I only pulled 170lb with that setup.

For what it's worth, I joined The Grip Authority and also purchased "How to Lift the Inch" and "Basics of Grip Training and Strongmanism Seminar".  So I'm trying to learn all I can when I'm not in my gym lifting.  @Jedd Johnson is a great guide for this journey.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2023 at 4:09 PM, Douglas Carney said:

For what it's worth, I joined The Grip Authority and also purchased "How to Lift the Inch" and "Basics of Grip Training and Strongmanism Seminar".  So I'm trying to learn all I can when I'm not in my gym lifting.  @Jedd Johnson is a great guide for this journey.

Yes he is. I'd really like the 66kg 46kg and 28kg inches... If all three are ever available and I have the money i might buy them. Who couldn't use another 3 inches?

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Hey man, if you’re looking for baby inch bells. Let me know. I know a dude in Greer SC named Zach Stanowicz who is making some himself. He posted one on Facebook marketplace 115 pound inch.
I also have a friend in Shawsville Virginia, who is selling a strength shop bell which is 64 kg

So not sure if you have already gotten some or if you’re close to those places.

hope that helps!

Thanks, Delan.  I got a 66kg one from Gods of Grip, but I might be interested in the 115 lb one on Marketplace.  I'll check it out.  Unfortunately, I'm in central Texas, not remotely close to S. Carolina or Virginia.