Dan's Smolov/grip/bench Log

bigbuffdan

close grip bench press 125lbs 4 sets of 6 reps

skull crushers, 1 set of 8 reps 45lbs

superset---straight arm pullovers 55lbs

bent over rows 105lbs 3 sets of 8 reps

barbell curls 70lbs 2 sets of 8 reps

rotator cuff work......SWEET

pay no attention to the 3 dates in a row for my workouts. I accidently posted the bench and squat right after one another.

Friday the 30th

squat 232lbs 4 sets of 6 reps

Crushing

I finally learned how to properly set a gripper. Fun stuff :tongue .

Set closes with the #1

Strap holds 7.5lbs with trainer. right and left hand, hold for 10-15 seconds.

2 finger negatives

sweet day, i just got back from a local show from a band called minus the bear. It was my first concert experience, what a blast! :mosher:mosher:mosher:mosher

well, today sucked......SUCKED.

I stretched for about 9-10 minutes and then went over and did 5 minutes on the bike.

squats 205lbs 3 sets of 10 reps

during the period when I would never warm up or stretch beofre my workouts I was unflexable as hell. Now, Rock bottom for me on a squat is atleastbreaking parallel by 10 inches. Although this may be a good thing, I also go way too low(I used to guage my squat depth from going rock bottom, wihc at the time was exactly parallel. Now when I squat I hit 10inches below parallel. This has ultimately been my folly. I do not use a partner to judge my squat depth, because everyone at school has no Idea of how deep a squat should be. Bottom line, I pulled a muscle right below my gluteous on the last rep of my last set. :angry::blink this is

is definately a TERRIBLE NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY FOR bbd :angry:

:cool

close grip bench 130lbs 3 sets of 5 reps felt easy. I am finally recovered from smolov, LOW Reps BABY :mosher

3 board press 155 lbs 2 sets of 8 reps

push press 120lbs 1 set of 8 reps

bent over rows 110lbs 3 sets of 8 reps

Cuff work..............

and now the grippers

-----------------------

10 no set closes with #1 didn't feel fatigued at the 10th single with either hand. sweet... I love my new gripping schedual, I am consistantly adding 1-2 reps on my trainer coc each week. I finally shaved it down to where I can only do 10 solid reps with it.

• 2 weeks later...

workouts have been kicking ass lately!

Front squats, clean grip. I feel that I shoudl be able to do more when I get alittle more flexability. and it stops hurting my clavical. 155 3 sets of 5 reps

OH squats snatch grip 80lbs 2 sets of 5 reps

snatch form and work 15-17 singles. I don't remember the sets very well because I (75lbs)

Snatch low pull 120lbs 7 singles

I havent done grip yet, because I spent most of my time today getting my driving permit! SCORE :mosher I will post it in about an hour or so, whenever I get done with my science write up.

oh yeah, and I have become very attahced to my close grip bench presses. I now find it ackward to bench with a regular width grip. Last workout with close grips I did 145 for 3 sets of 5 reps.

my grip workout was massive, so Im going to try and summarize it and tell the highlights.

-I did set closes with #1 untiul I could do no more

-then oc's with the trainer. probably 15-20 singles, the trainer is painfully easy now

-did some work with on of those pony clamps.

and now the highlights. With no warm up at the begining of my workout I closed the #1 for 3 reps in a row, no set closed of course

-I broke parallel with my #2 gripper

GOOD LORD, I never realized oly lifts were so much fun :mosher

Before my workout I listened to my new LedZeppelin/ system of a down Cd. I was pumped

started out with some sretching/ warm-ups

-clean and jerk(I finally was able to watch myself in a mirror today. All I can say is WOW. I was on fire with racking the bar at the bottom. I did 10 singles with 40Kg's still light, but who cares

-clean Low pulls 70kg's 3 sets of 3 reps

-front squats clean style, close stance rockbottom. 169lbs 3 sets of 5 reps.

-Finished up with some abb work.

---------

bent some metal, Played some golf, it was a good day. :rock

Monday, snatch/back squat

started out with stretching/ 5 minutes cardio.

snatch 40kg 2 sets of 5 singles, then 1 set of doubles

oly squat, butt to floor. 221lbs. 3 sets of tripples WOw, these are alittle bit harder than wide stanced, but very fun. :happy

weighted back extensions 70lbs 3 sets of 8 reps

abb stuff..

------------

grip

5 closes with the #1

then alittle bending.

Havent reported my workouts lately...... :blush

Snatch form, warmup, ect with bar--------40kg 80% 2 sets of 3 reps,

85% 42.5kg for a double, 75% 37.5kg 3 sets of doubles.

Jerk from racks. 135lbs 80% for a double, 153 90% for a single, 127 for 2 tripples.

Front squats: 159lbs for 4 sets of 3 reps

Close grip bench press 149lbs for 2 tripples 4lbs pr.

sit-ups on this "machine" where you hook your legs under an attachment and proceed to sit up. I could only do 8 reps with my body weight. < <

Back extensions with 70lbs 2 sets of 5 reps

---------

mangled some steel

1 green nail, then a green nail with 1/4 inch shaved off, finally for a Pr bend I took on a green nail with 1/2 inch shaved off and won.