Most painful grip lifts?

Cannon

I started doing the Pipka lift recently and that sucker hurts. I'm at 24 lbs and would like to take a shot at @Carl Myerscough's record after King Kong. Although one concern is that I have just outed myself and he will just push it even higher. :whistel 

What are the most painful grip lifts? Let's see your Top 5!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I started doing the Pipka lift recently and that sucker hurts. I'm at 24 lbs and would like to take a shot at @Carl Myerscough's record after King Kong. Although one concern is that I have just outed myself and he will just push it even higher. :whistel 

What are the most painful grip lifts? Let's see your Top 5!

I haven’t tried many of the little painful lifts but so far for me it’s 

#1 the hub

#2 finish ball

• Like 1

I would go something like:

1) 1" vbar (this also hurts my bicep)
2) Pipka
3) Stub lifts like GripTopz Stub
4) Finnish Ball
5) Stirrup

• Like 1

There's only one so bad that I'll never do it again, chain lift. Rest of the top 5 is just slightly annoying but still bearable

1 Chain lift

2 Logan lift

3 Pipka

4 Evil hub 

5 Any wide pinch with sharp edge

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

I started doing the Pipka lift recently and that sucker hurts. I'm at 24 lbs and would like to take a shot at @Carl Myerscough's record after King Kong

Whats the record? I lifted 26lbs a few years ago, but grabhold (crabhold?) always changes the rules and eliminates old records, i dont get it.  I had the record for evil hub before too and they decided to change the rules.

• Like 1

Definitely tips tester for me, Feels like i'm gonna rip a finger pulley, Tried it once and never touched it again

Stocktown slapper/handshake replica hurts like a son of a gun

Rolling handles for me. It's not really a physical pain,  more if a mental pain. 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, liftyzig said:

Whats the record? I lifted 26lbs a few years ago, but grabhold (crabhold?) always changes the rules and eliminates old records, i dont get it.  I had the record for evil hub before too and they decided to change the rules.

It is confusing. I wish there was one place to see grabhold records. I thought it was 12 kg and I was close. That's about 26.5 lbs. But when I tried to find that video just now I ended up finding a 13.5 kg lift he did lefty. So that's like 29.76 lbs and I'm light years away from that. Carl probably wasn't shaking in his boots, but if that's the record and not 12 kg there is no concern :pinch

45 minutes ago, Cannon said:

It is confusing. I wish there was one place to see grabhold records. I thought it was 12 kg and I was close. That's about 26.5 lbs. But when I tried to find that video just now I ended up finding a 13.5 kg lift he did lefty. So that's like 29.76 lbs and I'm light years away from that. Carl probably wasn't shaking in his boots, but if that's the record and not 12 kg there is no concern :pinch

If you go to there instagram page you can follow the links at the top and eventually get to the remote rating rivalry page and see the records. As @liftyzig said they changed rules and eliminate old records, so my lifts aren't there any more. Looks like the Pipka record is 11kg now. My Vingot 2 hand record is still there but others I did all went away, thus I'm not so motivated to pursue any more. I think at some point they changed from a regular loading pin and carabiner to a fixed pin setup and erased the old records.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, David_wigren said:

The meat hooks is a pretty bad one in terms of pain.

Ah yes, I have a pair of these, and I only used them once.  Picking up 200kg was awful...the record is over 300kg if I recall correctly!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Vinny F said:

Lever Top....

cant be anything more painful

Its sorta  good pain though. Like getting your teeth cleaned.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2023 at 5:17 PM, Carl Myerscough said:

If you go to there instagram page you can follow the links at the top and eventually get to the remote rating rivalry page and see the records. As @liftyzig said they changed rules and eliminate old records, so my lifts aren't there any more. Looks like the Pipka record is 11kg now. My Vingot 2 hand record is still there but others I did all went away, thus I'm not so motivated to pursue any more. I think at some point they changed from a regular loading pin and carabiner to a fixed pin setup and erased the old records.

I felt the same way when they changed rules and erased my lifts, zero desire to pursue it any further.

• Like 3

1) Pinky Fingers Deadlift (done in USAWA comps) 

2) Ring Fingers Deadlift (done in USAWA comps)

3) Index Fingers Deadlift (done in USAWA comps)

4) Middle Fingers Deadlift (done in USAWA comps)

5) 1" vbar (only time I have come close to de-gloving my hand was top lift of 410+lbs)

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 1:01 PM, liftyzig said:

I felt the same way when they changed rules and erased my lifts, zero desire to pursue it any further.

And I have had the conversation with him that the change was unnecessary and a huge turn off for a lot of competitors including myself and Jedd; and I am the one that make the equipment for him. Some lifts there is a difference in carabiner vs rigid but at the end of the day IMO the goal is to get more people involved in the lifts and by making it harder to participate with a longer rules list then that does the opposite. 

My least favorite lifts are tips tester (half crimp) movements....because I have tore a pulley on it and will never lift on it again. 

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 3

I don't think I've tried enough grip implements to list 5 but one of the worst I've tried is key pinching using a penny. It's Very uncomfortable and tough on the skin, no fun at all. 

This inst a traditional grip lift but single arm Dead hangs using a towel grip are very painful, the finger Pressure gets insane once you get around the 30 second mark.

Also the same single arm dead hangs but using a thick manilla rope are very uncomfortable on the skin. 

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1

On 19.10.2023 at 00:17, Carl Myerscough said:

Если вы зайдете на эту страницу в Instagram, вы сможете перейти по ссылкам вверху и в конечном итоге попасть на страницу удаленного рейтингового соревнования и увидеть записи. Как сказал @liftyzig, они изменили правила и удалили старые рекорды, поэтому моих лифтов больше нет. Похоже, рекорд Пипки сейчас составляет 11 кг. Моя запись рук Vingot 2 все еще там, но все остальные, которые я сделал, исчезли, поэтому у меня нет такой мотивации продолжать дальше. Я думаю, что в какой-то момент они перешли от обычного заряжающего штыря и карабина к фиксированному штифту и стерли старые записи.

Hi, friend! Glad to meet you here. The old ranking continues to exist along with the records and results of the athletes who took part in it. He didn't leave. Here is the link to it: https://www.facebook.com/RemoteRatingRivalry/posts/164813625756743

Have a good grip💪🦀🤝

On 23.10.2023 at 11:45, Lucasraymond said:

И я говорил с ним, что в этих изменениях нет необходимости и что это сильно отпугивает многих конкурентов, включая меня и Джедда; и я тот, кто делает для него оборудование. В некоторых упражнениях есть разница между карабинами и жесткими, но, в конце концов, по моему мнению, цель состоит в том, чтобы привлечь больше людей к участию в упражнениях и усложнить участие с помощью более длинного списка правил, тогда это приводит к противоположному результату. 

Мои наименее любимые упражнения — это движения с тестером кончиков (полуобжимные)… потому что я порвал на нем блок и никогда больше не буду на нем подниматься. 

On 23.10.2023 at 11:45, Lucasraymond said:

И я говорил с ним, что в этих изменениях нет необходимости и что это сильно отпугивает многих конкурентов, включая меня и Джедда; и я тот, кто делает для него оборудование. В некоторых упражнениях есть разница между карабинами и жесткими, но, в конце концов, по моему мнению, цель состоит в том, чтобы привлечь больше людей к участию в упражнениях и усложнить участие с помощью более длинного списка правил, тогда это приводит к противоположному результату. 

Мои наименее любимые упражнения — это движения с тестером кончиков (полуобжимные)… потому что я порвал на нем блок и никогда больше не буду на нем подниматься. 

Hi, friend! Glad to meet you here. I am always grateful to you for your help and responsiveness. I always value your opinion and continue to think about your recommendations. I'm sad that you and Jedd left the Facebook.com/RemoteRatingRivalry game.

Have a monster grip💪🦀🤝

В 20.10.2023 в 20:01,liftyzig сказал:

Я почувствовал то же самое, когда они изменили правила и удалили мои движения, и у меня не было желания продолжать это дальше.

Hi Clint! Glad to see you here. I still remember your training in harsh winter and cold conditions, I remember your record lift of 21 kg for EVIL HUB, which by the way continues to remain in the rating according to the 2020 rules (the rating was not deleted).
No one has ever lifted more than 21 kg. Although it’s easier to lift with a carabiner. But I still believe in your return.
Here's the video by the way:

Have a Monster's tipfingers, and good day💪🦀🤝

• Like 1

On 18.10.2023 at 23:18, Cannon said:

Это сбивает с толку. Мне бы хотелось, чтобы было хоть одно место, где можно увидеть записи. Я думал, что это 12 кг, и был близок к этому. Это около 26,5 фунтов. Но когда я только что попытался найти это видео, я нашел подъем 13,5 кг, который он сделал левой. Это примерно 29,76 фунтов, и я на расстоянии световых лет от этого. Карла, наверное, не трясло в ботинках, но если это рекорд, а не 12 кг, то не беда. :ущипнуть

Hello Ivan! Glad to see you here. Glad to know that you continue to train and train others. The most up-to-date information on ratings can be found at the following link: vk.com/RemoteRatingRivalry 

Have a strong hands and good evening 💪🦀🤝