FEEDBACK PLEASE

Hydra

Most recent negative training video

Video containing setting actions

Please give me any Feedback

I usually train twice a week
During the training, negative training is conducted with 5 to 6 sets of both hands.
It usually lasts for 10 to 15 seconds and takes a rest for about 10 minutes.
If you have any further questions, please ask.

• Like 1

Hello, was wondering, what is your highest credit card set atm?

dont have much to say other than good luck on your training!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Apneaa said:

Hello, was wondering, what is your highest credit card set atm?

dont have much to say other than good luck on your training!

Hello, I don't know because I didn't do CCS training. If I practice the setting method, I think I can do up to No2. Thank you!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hydra said:

Hello, I don't know because I didn't do CCS training. If I practice the setting method, I think I can do up to No2. Thank you!

Your work with #4 and GHP 9 is impressive, but I think you're doing negatives with too hard of a gripper. My advice is to choose a gripper for negatives that you can ALMOST hold shut. If it pops open more than like 2-3 mm then it's too hard. Ideally you would be able to briefly hold the gripper shut on the earliest negatives and that would degrade to 2-3 mm over the 5-6 attempts. So consider making that change to your negatives. Right now you are building open hand static strength, not crushing strength IMO.  

Otherwise, I think you should do actual closes. 4-6 sets in the 4-6 rep range. Use the hardest gripper you can get away with and still do the work. 

I think both those things will benefit you. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Your work with #4 and GHP 9 is impressive, but I think you're doing negatives with too hard of a gripper. My advice is to choose a gripper for negatives that you can ALMOST hold shut. If it pops open more than like 2-3 mm then it's too hard. Ideally you would be able to briefly hold the gripper shut on the earliest negatives and that would degrade to 2-3 mm over the 5-6 attempts. So consider making that change to your negatives. Right now you are building open hand static strength, not crushing strength IMO.  

Otherwise, I think you should do actual closes. 4-6 sets in the 4-6 rep range. Use the hardest gripper you can get away with and still do the work. 

I think both those things will benefit you. 

Thank you very much for your feedback. I've been training about 1cm apart for 8 years. I will refer to your advice and reflect it in the training. But I love the negative way in the video, so I'm going to keep going. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Hydra said:

But I love the negative way in the video, so I'm going to keep going. Thank you!

Makes sense. I would say the biggest thing to remember is that you are going to get stronger at what you are doing and you are not closing grippers.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Makes sense. I would say the biggest thing to remember is that you are going to get stronger at what you are doing and you are not closing grippers.  

I know that. For now, I like to hold on to a grip with a higher tension than closing. However, I am thinking of training with No3.5 level by accepting your feedback. I will train in the way I like until the 5th set, and then I will negative the additional 3~5 sets with No3.5. Training intense but expected to be fun, thanks!

Edited by Hydra
  • Like 1

Hi. I do 100% believe that overload can assist and create gains in gripper specific training.

That said, I am also of the opinion that grip peeps should be working the entire range of motion.

In other words...I look at overloaded negatives as a smart short cut to gains, but believe the CNS must be trained for optimal improvement. Someone who exemplifies this second part would be the Gripster Chez.

Both areas worked equally will likely lead to the fastest improvement.

P.S. I am of the strong opinion that any set beyond a third is a waste of time...and also will definitely diminish your rate of recovery.  The first set will be awaking your CNS. After 2nd and 3rd...if you have anything left, you've left effort on the table. Of course...that's my opinion. There's no obvious reason to change what's working...until it stops working.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Hi. I do 100% believe that overload can assist and create gains in gripper specific training.

That said, I am also of the opinion that grip peeps should be working the entire range of motion.

In other words...I look at overloaded negatives as a smart short cut to gains, but believe the CNS must be trained for optimal improvement. Someone who exemplifies this second part would be the Gripster Chez.

Both areas worked equally will likely lead to the fastest improvement.

P.S. I am of the strong opinion that any set beyond a third is a waste of time...and also will definitely diminish your rate of recovery.  The first set will be awaking your CNS. After 2nd and 3rd...if you have anything left, you've left effort on the table. Of course...that's my opinion. There's no obvious reason to change what's working...until it stops working.

Thank you for your feedback.

But I can't agree that more than three sets are meaningless But I agree that a wide set of practices is needed and I'm thinking about supplementing that.

I tried No3.5 as a warm-up because I didn't play 100% in the first set, but I didn't get very good results.

In order not to put too much stress on the CNS, I am adjusting my break time and training cycle by looking at my physical condition. Thank you for your care

• Like 1

Ok, I'll bite.

You can't handle that gripper.  My advice is to use a lighter one that you can set with your hands instead of your leg/knees.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Not sure why you asked for advice if you're not looking to change anything.. https://www.britannica.com/science/confirmation-bias

I can close it until No3.

I like closing the grip but I'm enjoying holding a stronger tension grip with my training method.

I agree with you on confirmation bias. If you gave me feedback, but my opinion was strong and I didn't want to receive feedback properly,

I apologize. I'm sorry.

But I respect other people's feedback and I'll give you a change in training. But I'm not very interested in wide sets like No3 official certification, so it might be limited in accepting feedback.
Thanks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Ok, I'll bite.

You can't handle that gripper.  My advice is to use a lighter one that you can set with your hands instead of your leg/knees.

I've used a setting method using knees and legs since I started my grip training and I don't think this is wrong. The purpose of training is not to close, but to endure strong tension. Thank you for the feedback.

4 minutes ago, Hydra said:

But I'm not very interested in wide sets like No3 official certification, so it might be limited in accepting feedback.

Yeah I don’t think you have to do wide sets. There really is no reason to if you don’t like them. But I do think you need to be closing grippers in your training and/or at least holding them closed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hydra said:

I can close it until No3.

I like closing the grip but I'm enjoying holding a stronger tension grip with my training method.

I agree with you on confirmation bias. If you gave me feedback, but my opinion was strong and I didn't want to receive feedback properly,

I apologize. I'm sorry.

But I respect other people's feedback and I'll give you a change in training. But I'm not very interested in wide sets like No3 official certification, so it might be limited in accepting feedback.
Thanks!

You're not using the "stronger tension" part of a gripper if you're not bending the spring far enough to unlock that resistance, so you can combat it. The spring stops bending when it overpowers you. You've spent the last 8 years being overpowered by a coc 4. You may as well buy a 220 RGC instead of a 209 since you like using the hardest one possible. Actually may as well use a GHP10.

All you're really doing is just using grippers that have a bigger number engraved on the bottom of the handle. That isn't going to impress anyone here if that's what you were going for 

If all you're trying to get out of this is in fact enjoyment/pleasure from leg setting grippers you are nowhere near closing then I guess you are already on the correct path to doing that and making no actual progress towards whatever your goal is if its something other than looking cool

Have fun

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hydra said:

I've used a setting method using knees and legs since I started my grip training and I don't think this is wrong. The purpose of training is not to close, but to endure strong tension. Thank you for the feedback.

I think closing the gripper and holding it shut would put you under greater tension than what you're doing, but if this is what you like, then have at it. ✌️

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 2

When I did heavy forced reps, I always progressively warmed up to my hardest close, and then I would do the heavy reps. Then I always knew when I was making progress because my closes got better. You really can’t tell how you’re doing with your method…you can time the holds, but holding at parallel isn’t that good for holding for time. You need to have a close or body weight to hold it closed to slowly release it for the negative. It’s not totally useless what you’re doing…it will condition your hands for bigger amounts of pressure over time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

You're not using the "stronger tension" part of a gripper if you're not bending the spring far enough to unlock that resistance, so you can combat it. The spring stops bending when it overpowers you. You've spent the last 8 years being overpowered by a coc 4. You may as well buy a 220 RGC instead of a 209 since you like using the hardest one possible. Actually may as well use a GHP10.

All you're really doing is just using grippers that have a bigger number engraved on the bottom of the handle. That isn't going to impress anyone here if that's what you were going for 

If all you're trying to get out of this is in fact enjoyment/pleasure from leg setting grippers you are nowhere near closing then I guess you are already on the correct path to doing that and making no actual progress towards whatever your goal is if its something other than looking cool

Have fun

Hello, friends, 
I pondered over what was wrong with my attitude from the comments on C8Myotome and came to my own conclusion.
I don't think I was interested in training with a high number engraved under the grip handle and whether this really increased my grip effectively. In a word, I think I was obsessed with looks. I'm going to take feedback from Cannon and train with a 2 to 3mm gap between them and I think they'll be around RGC180. But again, I'm not very interested in closing the wide set of handcraft, so I'm not going to do CCS training very much and decided not to accept the feedback on the setting that dubyagrip said, I saw the image of world-renowned Chinese gripper Qianchen Yang's handcraft on YouTube and decided to fully accept this method, thinking it's a very impressive and effective setting method.
In Korea, there was no one who gave me this feedback, but thank you for giving me feedback on the important parts that my lacked.

Edited by Hydra
  • Like 2

I used a translator because I am not good at English. There may be an error in this process. I'm sorry.

• Like 2