Carl Myerscough in a Larry Wheels video!

EmilBB

5 hours ago, Carl Myerscough said:

Just to clarify a few of the questions in this thread. We discussed doing it Thursday and then they came the next day! Friday, 3 days ago. Filming was probably just over an hour and then they cut a lot out to get it down to the 32 minutes. I talked about the ratings, different grippers, how the rating are done by Cannon Powerworks. I also showed Larry how to set the gripper etc, so a lot was cut. I closed the green Hulk gripper before the #4. I think they wanted to keep it all about Captains of crush grippers as they are the most known to the wider audience, and really the purpose of the video was all about me having certified on the #4. They were happy to show the Grip Genie gripper as they have done a lot of collaboration with Juji. Overall I was very happy with the editing they did to keep it flowing and how it was presented. I hope that it is a positive contribution and exposure for the grip world.

Yeah, I've gotten the idea that they don't like promoting other brands - such as Cannon PowerWorks - as they have deleted several of my comments on both the Ivan Cuk and your video. You'd think Larry would find it interesting to talk about in a video, but he doesn't seem to care, and dare I say, seems a bit hostile towards it. Weird, but understandable I guess.

12 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Yeah, I've gotten the idea that they don't like promoting other brands - such as Cannon PowerWorks - as they have deleted several of my comments on both the Ivan Cuk and your video. You'd think Larry would find it interesting to talk about in a video, but he doesn't seem to care, and dare I say, seems a bit hostile towards it. Weird, but understandable I guess.

The Russians have gotten to Larry.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, stranger said:

Why does Larry keep saying that the #4 is the hardest gripper in the world when we all know that's not true? 

Larry doesn't know much about the grip world. Plus his video's are for education, entertainment and business. His viewers want to be entertained.

There is no such thing as hardest gripper in the world. Whenever you do a very thick spring, you can always make it thicker. Maybe what he meant was hardest closeable grippper which is subjective. It was the #4 and now is the GHP 10. The better people get, the hardest closeable gripper will change. The people wants to hear the hardest (maybe hardest closeable CCS). Carl explained it well.

21 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

I don't think Larry knows a lot about grip but I'm also surprised he wasn't corrected on that statement. Or it could be just really simplified/overgeneralized to appeal to his however many million followers that don't know much about grip either. A "2nd hardest gripper in the world" video probably wouldn't have gotten as many views. When you make a ton of money through youtube, views is probably more important than factually correct information.

I am also surprised the ratings tags weren't explained or said where they are from as the video's comments are still full of comments who have no idea what they mean or where they are from, etc. Which didn't help much to educate people on how to gauge how hard a gripper is, especially for a video that got/will get so many views to the general masses that follow fitness youtubers.

Very true on the bold.

19 hours ago, Carl Myerscough said:

Just to clarify a few of the questions in this thread. We discussed doing it Thursday and then they came the next day! Friday, 3 days ago. Filming was probably just over an hour and then they cut a lot out to get it down to the 32 minutes. I talked about the ratings, different grippers, how the rating are done by Cannon Powerworks. I also showed Larry how to set the gripper etc, so a lot was cut. I closed the green Hulk gripper before the #4. I think they wanted to keep it all about Captains of crush grippers as they are the most known to the wider audience, and really the purpose of the video was all about me having certified on the #4. They were happy to show the Grip Genie gripper as they have done a lot of collaboration with Juji. Overall I was very happy with the editing they did to keep it flowing and how it was presented. I hope that it is a positive contribution and exposure for the grip world.

Yeah. He (his manager) usually put things which they think is appealing to their viewers. I remember explaining once about the RGC but not sure if it was published, partially published or not. Well done Carl and hope to see more of collabs with Larry.

13 hours ago, Jared P said:

Not true about him being hostile towards it. First one must know that Larry doesn't usually check the comments to delete them. He has a team for that. Yes usually a promotion is not free, but knowing them no way they have deleted the comments because it was a promotion. Larry and his team are supportive of sports. Try checking it again in a week, your comment might reappear. YouTube does that many times and yes, it happened to me and few others.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Not true about him being hostile towards it. First one must know that Larry doesn't usually check the comments to delete them. He has a team for that. Yes usually a promotion is not free, but knowing them no way they have deleted the comments because it was a promotion. Larry and his team are supportive of sports. Try checking it again in a week, your comment might reappear. YouTube does that many times and yes, it happened to me and few others.

That makes sense. Good to know, thanks.