Carl Myerscough in a Larry Wheels video!

EmilBB

8 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

WOW! Awesome!

And now imagine the faces of all those who doubted 😈

I think the people who didn't doubt, but who wished the cert video was better, will be happy as well.  I enjoyed this.

• Like 9

It’s an awesome video. 

This is a shameless attempt to seize the day, but feel free to comment on the video where the ratings and tags are from. :whistel Larry has enough followers that it could really matter. :blush

• Like 14

4 hours ago, EmilBB said:

Let's see what the doubters will say. The problem with people who doubt legit people is .... Never mind lol. 

• Like 5

Much like myself, Carl seems to get into a lot of ulnar deviation with ccs closes. I don’t think it’s helpful either…but I can’t control it. Anyone else get that? 

5 hours ago, Cannon said:

It’s an awesome video. 

This is a shameless attempt to seize the day, but feel free to comment on the video where the ratings and tags are from. :whistel Larry has enough followers that it could really matter. :blush

Already did this, before seeing your comment, haha. I never miss an opportunity to promote your store. Did the same on the Ivan Cuk video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very high energized video! Just what I needed at the end of the workout, which I started at midnight after a long working day and finished closer to five in the morning. It worked better than the sixth cup of coffee! I hope that Tiziano will shoot something equally epic! and all the haters and envious of these two Titans will forever close their mouths and go to a monastery to pray for forgiveness of their sin of envy!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Vinny F said:

Could have done without Larry's gratuitous shirtless moment during the #4 though 

"I can't close as big a gripper as you, but I have bigger boobs!"

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cannon said:

It’s an awesome video. 

Done

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cannon said:

It’s an awesome video. 

Done

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why does Larry keep saying that the #4 is the hardest gripper in the world when we all know that's not true? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stranger said:

Why does Larry keep saying that the #4 is the hardest gripper in the world when we all know that's not true? 

Entertainment.  He also may not know, but hype and showmanship trumps precision there I think.  It's close enough.

• Like 5

And why did Larry take his shirt off in the middle of the video? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stranger said:

I don't think Larry knows a lot about grip but I'm also surprised he wasn't corrected on that statement. Or it could be just really simplified/overgeneralized to appeal to his however many million followers that don't know much about grip either. A "2nd hardest gripper in the world" video probably wouldn't have gotten as many views. When you make a ton of money through youtube, views is probably more important than factually correct information.

I am also surprised the ratings tags weren't explained or said where they are from as the video's comments are still full of comments who have no idea what they mean or where they are from, etc. Which didn't help much to educate people on how to gauge how hard a gripper is, especially for a video that got/will get so many views to the general masses that follow fitness youtubers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stranger said:

And why did Larry take his shirt off in the middle of the video? 

If I looked like him, I wouldn't be wearing clothes, ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

If I looked like him, I wouldn't be wearing clothes, ever.

Well I’m glad you don’t.

no offense 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stranger said:

Being a bit charitable to Larry, it seems like the video was produced before Carl certified on the GHP10, which would likely make it the hardest gripper ever certified at the time. I assume he was referring to hardest gripper cert, rather than literally the hardest gripper, and then Carl went and certified probably the hardest gripper a human will ever be able to close anyway (because why not?) That GHP 10 cert is something else...

Edit: I stand corrected by Carl below - still a good video

Edited by BenMorrissey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to clarify a few of the questions in this thread. We discussed doing it Thursday and then they came the next day! Friday, 3 days ago. Filming was probably just over an hour and then they cut a lot out to get it down to the 32 minutes. I talked about the ratings, different grippers, how the rating are done by Cannon Powerworks. I also showed Larry how to set the gripper etc, so a lot was cut. I closed the green Hulk gripper before the #4. I think they wanted to keep it all about Captains of crush grippers as they are the most known to the wider audience, and really the purpose of the video was all about me having certified on the #4. They were happy to show the Grip Genie gripper as they have done a lot of collaboration with Juji. Overall I was very happy with the editing they did to keep it flowing and how it was presented. I hope that it is a positive contribution and exposure for the grip world.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Carl Myerscough said:

I hope that it is a positive contribution and exposure for the grip world.

Absolutely it is. Just as you are Carl! :flowers:

• Like 2