What’s your main grip goal this year?

AdriaanRobert96

Hey there lads, I am very curious how your grip goals are working out for you this year and what are your goals?

My goal is to credit card set the #3.5, only 1mm off so it’s totally doable.

Share yours down below, maybe be a motivation to someone else maybe😊

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Hey there lads, I am very curious how your grip goals are working out for you this year and what are your goals?

My goal is to credit card set the #3.5, only 1mm off so it’s totally doable.

Share yours down below, maybe be a motivation to someone else maybe😊

My Goals 2023:

Cert GHP8 - Done

Cert 3.5 - Will have it by end of the year, discovering the MM ladder slowed me down.

Close 195 RGC - I did this last week.

Cert GHP9 - This is a stretch goal I will likely miss.

Win An Armlifting Comp - I qualified for world's yesterday.

DOH 500lbs - Did this last week.

100lb IM Block - Did this the other day.

Add crushed to dust and my blob lifts, it has been a hell of a year.  Tomorrow marks one year since I decided to get serious about grip.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 11

My grip goals are all over the place. They keep either changing or getting added to. First was just closing heavier grippers, then i added thick rotating handles, then pinch, then blobs, and now bending.

Right now i'm hopping to close a coc 2.5 by the end of the year, which based on my progress, I should have that done pretty soon. Not worried about ccs closes at this time, just mms.

Blobs are so much fun, I'd like to lift my half 95 by the end of the year. I've not been training blobs long enough to really measure how my progress is. lots of newbie gains, but they are tapering off. I won't be disappointed if i miss this goal, it will happen soon enough.

Bending has been a lot of fun over the past month. I started August 3rd. i was struggling on 40d's the first few workouts but progressed to just bending my first 60d bright yesterday. I don't really have any long term bending goals right now, but i would like to progress to bending 6" grade 5 bolts soon. When i feel ready, i'll start chasing after some certs from ECGB, Horrido, Iron Mind, etc.

Thick bar and pinch blocks have kinda fell out of mind over the past few weeks. I think this is good though. I fell like training too many things at once can be counter productive. Blobs and bending are what i enjoy the most right now but i still want to progress on grippers.

• Like 5

If things pan out with my program, I want to close a 195 lb gripper.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

My Goals 2023:

Cert GHP8 - Done

Cert 3.5 - Will have it by end of the year, discovering the MM ladder slowed me down.

Close 195 RGC - I did this last week.

Cert GHP9 - This is a stretch goal I will likely miss.

Win An Armlifting Comp - I qualified for world's yesterday.

DOH 500lbs - Did this last week.

100lb IM Block - Did this the other day.

Add crushed to dust and my blob lifts, it has been a hell of a year.  Tomorrow marks one year since I decided to get serious about grip.

Oh man this is super exciting, get’s me so amped up to crush my goals..

You’re super strong and in such a short time aswell, #3.5 cert will definitely be yours😎

Can’t wait to see all of these!

Goodluck in your endeavors!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles Jones said:

My grip goals are all over the place. They keep either changing or getting added to. First was just closing heavier grippers, then i added thick rotating handles, then pinch, then blobs, and now bending.

Right now i'm hopping to close a coc 2.5 by the end of the year, which based on my progress, I should have that done pretty soon. Not worried about ccs closes at this time, just mms.

Blobs are so much fun, I'd like to lift my half 95 by the end of the year. I've not been training blobs long enough to really measure how my progress is. lots of newbie gains, but they are tapering off. I won't be disappointed if i miss this goal, it will happen soon enough.

Bending has been a lot of fun over the past month. I started August 3rd. i was struggling on 40d's the first few workouts but progressed to just bending my first 60d bright yesterday. I don't really have any long term bending goals right now, but i would like to progress to bending 6" grade 5 bolts soon. When i feel ready, i'll start chasing after some certs from ECGB, Horrido, Iron Mind, etc.

Thick bar and pinch blocks have kinda fell out of mind over the past few weeks. I think this is good though. I fell like training too many things at once can be counter productive. Blobs and bending are what i enjoy the most right now but i still want to progress on grippers.

Can’t wait to see how this goes, and yeah that’s true that too many things might slow you down but at the same time I think variety is key👍🏼

Goodluck brother!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John McCarter said:

If things pan out with my program, I want to close a 195 lb gripper.

Oh man, 195lbs is truly mad😈

How far off are you?

• Like 1

Current max is 182 filed 3.5.

• Like 4

Everything in my life has revolved around July-June schedules, so that is often how I think about years. With that said, my goals this year (2023-24) are MM0 and MM1 at least. Next would probably be GHP7 cert. I'd say Crushed to Dust, but my rolling handle work is really nowhere in the ballpark at the moment. I'd say my goals will expand once I have fully rehabbed my elbows and get back into the swing of pinch and rolling handle stuff. My other goals are more general strength (a$$-to-grass squat 300 and double overhand deadlift 400), and I feel like those are just a few weeks away. 

• Like 4

My goal for this year is to get my son into college and to get my ex to agree to pay her share for it.  Grip in 2024!  lol.  But I will try to get to another comp or two, and not to lose ground on grippers.  Hoping to close at least the 156 gripper at the AGP comp in North Carolina next month.  Closed it last year and have done 165 this year, but this comp is 30 mm instead of 20 mm and I haven't trained that width.  I think I can do the 156 again though.  We shall see.  I know I have lost ground on thick bar.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Current max is 182 filed 3.5.

Oh dang it, a filed one even.. hope I can get as strong as you one day then😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

Working towards certifying GHP9 and CoC 3.5. Not setting a this year time line on it, but that's what I am training towards now

Massive goals indeed, better let it take it’s time✊

Goodluck to you!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Everything in my life has revolved around July-June schedules, so that is often how I think about years. With that said, my goals this year (2023-24) are MM0 and MM1 at least. Next would probably be GHP7 cert. I'd say Crushed to Dust, but my rolling handle work is really nowhere in the ballpark at the moment. I'd say my goals will expand once I have fully rehabbed my elbows and get back into the swing of pinch and rolling handle stuff. My other goals are more general strength (a$$-to-grass squat 300 and double overhand deadlift 400), and I feel like those are just a few weeks away. 

I wish you a speedy recovery brother, those goals will eventually come if you keep at it😎

Never done MM work, would be very interesting to try for sure but I live in Sweden and UPS sucks here🤮

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vinnie said:

My goal for this year is to get my son into college and to get my ex to agree to pay her share for it.  Grip in 2024!  lol.  But I will try to get to another comp or two, and not to lose ground on grippers.  Hoping to close at least the 156 gripper at the AGP comp in North Carolina next month.  Closed it last year and have done 165 this year, but this comp is 30 mm instead of 20 mm and I haven't trained that width.  I think I can do the 156 again though.  We shall see.  I know I have lost ground on thick bar.

Your son definitely deserves the best and I hope it works out😊

As for grip, 165 is very impressive!

Yeah them widths really throw you of.. I am only used to Wide Set and CCS so when I started recently with 30mm and Deep sets it really felt awkward😮‍💨

• Like 2

I'm trying to get back into grippers. Might not be a lofty goal, but I'd like to see if I can at least get back to where I was. My best close was a GG5 rated 150 lbs, and I want to replicate that and also close my Standard Iron rated 140 with my left hand.

Outside of grippers I need to bend a Horrido 8.8. I got stopped at around 90° last time when I went for the cert, and I definitely want to get my name on that list.

As far as feats go, the Inch Dumbbell is always on my mind. I need to meet up with @stranger and train some more. I've been thinking of getting a really short loading pin to better replicate lifting the inch with a rolling handle. Having an inch of my own to play with might have to wait until I graduate and have a real paycheck. 

• Like 6

My main goal is to get certified on the #3, hopefully this year 😁

• Like 6

My main goal is building my grip strength and endurance to be more competitive in contests.  Heavy Hands is still a week away but I'm already looking toward Maryland's Strongest Hands in April 2024.  Need to work on silver bullet, axle, and saxon.

That contest fits neatly with the "fun feat" aspect of grip I enjoy because there's a medley at the end.  So I'll also have some additional goals like lifting heavier block weights and training hub lifts.  I was close to getting the 45 at last year's comp, but close doesn't earn you points.

• Like 4

Be able to close my 200lb heavyweight easily(no set, able to do more than 2x in a row without any struggle)

Be able to close my 150 15 times in a row without a single failed rep

Be able to close my 100 20x5 without failed reps

It's an easy goal but achieving it without injuring my tendons or worsening my ulnar nerve issues is tricky so i go slow.

Edited by Apneaa
  • Like 3

Not sure about "this year" but these are the current goals I'm working towards:

MM1 right hand

MM0 left hand

blobzilla right hand

fatman blob left hand

lift 2x50lb Lalanne plates right hand

lift 2x45 left hand

Dont hurt back again.

Edited by liftyzig
  • Like 5

Only grip goal is to close my 143 CoC 3 before the end of 2023, from any set depth. It looks like I'm on pace to do so. Closest so far was about 5-10mm away. Just got about 5mm away from my 136 Standard Iron a couple of days ago.

Other goals are related to bodybuilding and armwrestling.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, devinhoo said:

I'm trying to get back into grippers. Might not be a lofty goal, but I'd like to see if I can at least get back to where I was. My best close was a GG5 rated 150 lbs, and I want to replicate that and also close my Standard Iron rated 140 with my left hand.

Outside of grippers I need to bend a Horrido 8.8. I got stopped at around 90° last time when I went for the cert, and I definitely want to get my name on that list.

As far as feats go, the Inch Dumbbell is always on my mind. I need to meet up with @stranger and train some more. I've been thinking of getting a really short loading pin to better replicate lifting the inch with a rolling handle. Having an inch of my own to play with might have to wait until I graduate and have a real paycheck. 

Grippers are life for me atm😂

Oh man I’d love to try an inch DB, there’s someone living about an hour from me here in Sweden..might give it a go!

Interesting goals indeed, best of luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EmilBB said:

My main goal is to get certified on the #3, hopefully this year 😁

Seen your work on IG, it will happen no doubt✊🏼!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

My main goal is building my grip strength and endurance to be more competitive in contests.  Heavy Hands is still a week away but I'm already looking toward Maryland's Strongest Hands in April 2024.  Need to work on silver bullet, axle, and saxon.

That contest fits neatly with the "fun feat" aspect of grip I enjoy because there's a medley at the end.  So I'll also have some additional goals like lifting heavier block weights and training hub lifts.  I was close to getting the 45 at last year's comp, but close doesn't earn you points.

Hearing everyone talk about grip competitions is really motivating me to do my first, not sure how it works out here in Sweden tho😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apneaa said:

Be able to close my 200lb heavyweight easily(no set, able to do more than 2x in a row without any struggle)

Be able to close my 150 15 times in a row without a single failed rep

Be able to close my 100 20x5 without failed reps

It's an easy goal but achieving it without injuring my tendons or worsening my ulnar nerve issues is tricky so i go slow.

Oh man no set a 200lbs gripper is insane, you’re a madman and I mean that in the nicest way possible😂

• Like 1