Standard Platinum

Cannon

36 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

Let me know if you wanna sell that wide platinum 😁

Sorry man, although I may not use it much now I still would like to keep it as I like to collect grippers and also it will become useful in time once I'm a bit stronger. I've only recently became serious about grippers and consistently training with them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Sorry man, although I may not use it much now I still would like to keep it as I like to collect grippers and also it will become useful in time once I'm a bit stronger. I've only recently became serious about grippers and consistently training with them.

I had to try😆

I totally understand you want to keep it, I wouldn't sell any of my 1st gen Standard grippers either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 5:17 PM, EmilBB said:

I had to try😆

I totally understand you want to keep it, I wouldn't sell any of my 1st gen Standard grippers either.

Of course man I understand 😂, it's always worth a try asking people. We have a saying here where I live

"Shy bairn's get nowt" 

I've actually just ordered a new platinum which will be a normal width spread since Matt said the wide spring inventory has gone and now they will be normal width.

I also treated myself to a lighter standard Gold gripper for lighter rep work and warm ups. I'm getting both rated. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for it to be shipped to England.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I've actually just ordered a new platinum which will be a normal width spread since Matt said the wide spring inventory has gone and now they will be normal width.

It rated 119 and is 75 mm :flowers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cannon said:

It rated 119 and is 75 mm :flowers:

Thanks Matt, that is awesome and exactly what I'm after. I can't wait to try and close it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

@Cannon out of curiosity, what did my Standard Gold rate at? 

92. I’m traveling so that’s from memory but I think it’s right. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cannon said:

92. I’m traveling so that’s from memory but I think it’s right. 

Awesome thanks, it doesn't matter that much as it's more for high rep work but I'm a curious cat and had to know if I could. It will nicely fit in between my COC 1.5 and coc 2. 

Hopefully USPS will do me well and get it here in a decent time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 30/10/2023 at 05:42, mcalpine1986 said:

Merci Matt, c'est génial et c'est exactement ce que je recherche. J'ai hâte d'essayer de le fermer. 

so if the platinum is within a range of 75 to 77 mm maximum I am very interested in having one within 120 rgc if possible. I am interested because it is a coc 2 training gripper with the repetition bumper for coc 3. THANKS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steeve tremblay said:

so if the platinum is within a range of 75 to 77 mm maximum I am very interested in having one within 120 rgc if possible. I am interested because it is a coc 2 training gripper with the repetition bumper for coc 3. THANKS

You might find a 1st gen Platinum with this spread. There was some small overlap into 2nd gen, but then when we reordered springs for all levels Sn through Pt we made them slightly more narrow so the handles could be mounted deeper and achieve the same ratings. I didn't like how the 1st gen Sn through Pt came out rather wide. So now, even a Platinum that rates 119-120 will still have a <75 mm spread. I have a 119 right here and it's 73.  I hope this helps. :flowers:

• Like 2

it's even better my favorite range 70a 73 mm perfect my next purchase thank you very much for this first-rate information

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Breakarm87 said:

When will you pre-rate some more Platinums?

We’re low on that inventory right now so I don’t want to pre-rate any or they’ll just be gone. So not super soon maybe. 

24 minutes ago, Cannon said:

We’re low on that inventory right now so I don’t want to pre-rate any or they’ll just be gone. So not super soon maybe. 

10/4. I wanna buy another one so bad. I'm trying to land one in that 110-115 range, they had all sold out the last time and I missed the one I needed. It had already sold.

• Like 1

@Cannon
@insane.warrior

Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but Nikita discusses, rates and measures Standard Grippers, and speaks highly of them in this video. This rating device is measuring in SGR (CXP), rather than RGC. (SGR kg / .95 = RGC kg)

For any who didn't know, if you don't speak NIkita's langauge, but want to understand most of what's being said, simply turn on the Closed Captioning on the bottom of the screen; then select the Settings wheel > Subtitles > Auto-translate > Select language (English, in my case).

Also, if you want to be able to read the YouTube comments below the video in any langauge, download a Page Translation extension on your web browser (whether Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or whatever you use), which gives you the ability to translate anything on a web page to the language of your choice.

At 19:50 in the video, he CCS closes and TNS closes a brand new CoC 3.5 with both hands, with ease. He's a monster.

At 26:30, he attempts a new CoC. 4, which rated at almost 97 kg SGR (225 lbs RGC).

And then he closes a much narrower brand new CoC 4, which rated at 89 kg.

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Jared P said:

@Cannon
@insane.warrior

Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but Nikita discusses, rates and measures Standard Grippers, and speaks highly of them in this video. I believe this rating device, in the way Nikita is using it, is measuring in RGC kg instead of SGR kg (SGR kg / .95 = RGC kg), but I could be wrong. The math seems to line up with it being in RGC in some instances, and SGR in others. Perhaps someone who speaks Russian can clarify.

For any who didn't know, if you don't speak NIkita's langauge, but want to understand most of what's being said, simply turn on the Closed Captioning on the bottom of the screen; then select the Settings wheel > Subtitles > Auto-translate > Select language (English, in my case).

Also, if you want to be able to read the YouTube comments below the video in any langauge, download a Page Translation extension on your web browser (whether Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or whatever you use), which gives you the ability to translate anything on a web page to the language of your choice.

At 19:50 in the video, he CCS closes and TNS closes a brand new CoC 3.5 with both hands, with ease. He's a monster.

At 26:30, he attempts a new CoC. 4, which rated at almost 97 kg (not sure if SGR or RGC).

Nikita says that SG are like BB by quality and convinience. As for rating device, this device measures grippers` ratings in SGR (Steel Grip of Russia) method. Almost all people who involved into grip sport in Belarus and Russia measures grippers` rates in SGR.

As regards formula's precision, I think it reflects relashionship between SGR and RGC approximatly (some degree of error would exists). I think RGC is less accurate than SGR method, different RGC devices can show us different rates for certain gripper. So, perhaps, math gives us approx relation. But rates in SGR will always lower than rates in RGC.

Nikita says, that usually in Gym he is able to close 92-93 kg SGR rated CoC4. Also he emphasises that on video he is located at home and tests grippers without certain warm-up, that he always do in gym.

Edited by weightlifter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing I would like to mention is that due to on-going sanctions we still cannot make transactions with Russia, nor print a label with any carrier to ship there. Our store platform will not even allow us to transact business with Russia, Belarus or North Korea for that matter. I think these orders begin as transactions within the USA and I have no idea what happens after that. I suspect some kind of freight-forwarding service that eventually gets them to Russia or nearby, but cannot control that when the direct order was legitimate. It's important to me to say that we have no arrangement or cooperation to skirt the sanctions. I don't know exactly how they got them.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jared P said:

@Cannon
@insane.warrior

Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but Nikita discusses, rates and measures Standard Grippers, and speaks highly of them in this video. I believe this rating device, in the way Nikita is using it, is measuring in RGC kg instead of SGR kg (SGR kg / .95 = RGC kg), but I could be wrong. The math seems to line up with it being in RGC in some instances, and SGR in others. Perhaps someone who speaks Russian can clarify.

At 26:30, he attempts a new CoC. 4, which rated at almost 97 kg (not sure if SGR or RGC).

Hi Jared!

I decided not to follow any of the Yurkovets content after he told bad things about Carl and never apologised.

Reputation is hard to earn but easy to lose.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, weightlifter said:

As for rating device, this device measures grippers` ratings in SGR (Steel Grip of Russia) method. Almost all people who involved into grip sport in Belarus and Russia measures grippers` rates in SGR.

As regards formula's precision, I think it reflects relashionship between SGR and RGC approximatly (some degree of error would exists). I think RGC is less accurate than SGR method, different RGC devices can show us different rates for certain gripper. So, perhaps, math gives us approx relation. But rates in SGR will always lower than rates in RGC.

Thanks, this is correct. I talked with Nikita. The device he is using is indeed measuring in SGR (SGR ~= RGC x .95), and any tags on his grippers reflect that, unless from CPW. I believe Vano is the only one who does RGC measurements, whereas Dmitri and Vadim Murashkin measure in SGR.

Ratings in general aren't a perfect science of course, but the best approximation we have currently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, insane.warrior said:

Hi Jared!

I decided not to follow any of the Yurkovets content after he told bad things about Carl and never apologised.

Reputation is hard to earn but easy to lose.

Fair enough.

But I think we can all exercise a little forgiveness and take any cheat accusations with a grain of salt, especially post-Tiziano, or even post-1998 with the never-ending Kinney debate.

After someone cheats and lies in the way Tiziano did on official certifications, with borderline sociopathic manipulation involved in individual conversation (I can personally attest to this), it's understandable for people to have heightened suspicion towards high-level closes for a little while. I mentioned Carl to Nikita, and he didn't have anything negative to say, so perhaps he's changed his mind.

Regardless of any things he's said, Nikita is Top 3 on the planet for crush strength, holds the GM150 record, and is the closest after Ivan to the CoC 4 certification currently.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jared P said:

They are both cxp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cannon said:

One thing I would like to mention is that due to on-going sanctions we still cannot make transactions with Russia, nor print a label with any carrier to ship there. Our store platform will not even allow us to transact business with Russia, Belarus or North Korea for that matter. I think these orders begin as transactions within the USA and I have no idea what happens after that. I suspect some kind of freight-forwarding service that eventually gets them to Russia or nearby, but cannot control that when the direct order was legitimate. It's important to me to say that we have no arrangement or cooperation to skirt the sanctions. I don't know exactly how they got them.   

Kazakhstan, Georgia can deliver to Russia through an intermediary. 

• Like 1