Half Next Gen 100 or Legacy 110

domedude

So I've been making progress with my blobs, and I've done my 1/2 80 fatman plus extra weight, total of 48 pounds, so I think a "real blob" is a real possibility in the next few months (yeah, I know the heavier ones will be slightly wider, but not by much).  Seems impossible to find a fatman half 100 blob, but I have seen a half 100 Next Gen that weighs 50.6, and a half 110 Legacy that weighs a couple of pounds more, but costs over $100 less.  Any advice on which one might be easier?  I'd probably want the harder one; I don't want to be able to lift it right away, I want more of a challenge even if it takes a few months.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, domedude said:

Any advice on which one might be easier? 

Here is an article where Jedd talks about the difference in blob types. He says in here that legacy blobs are easier to lift than next gen because of how straight the thumb side is. If it were me, I'd get the next gen half 100 before even that goes away.

https://www.dieselcrew.com/block-weight-training-the-blob/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, domedude said:

You're probably right, but lots of my $ will be going away to get it!

If your looking at the same one i think you are, i bought the other half from the same guy for $45 less. you could try making an offer. If its the same one I think it is, that 100 side has been posted for about a week. Price might still be high for a next gen, but they still somewhat rare. Big decision, blobs and money both can be hard to come by.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I took a photo showing (left to right) my Next Gen, Fat Man, and Legacy 110.  As you can see, when you bump up to 110 things get a lot wider.

York 100s & 110 Size Comparison ALL.png

• Like 3

Just now, Douglas Carney said:

For what it's worth, I took a photo showing (left to right) my Next Gen, Fat Man, and Legacy 110.  As you can see, when you bump up to 110 things get a lot wider.

I may need to retake this photo.  The upside down Fat Man is bothering me...  hahaha

• Haha 1

Thanks, but the pic makes the 110 look narrower at the top, and although it does get much wider as it gets to the center (like where the handle would be), my hand won’t go anywhere near the widest part. So what are the actual weights, and how would you rank them in order of difficulty?

Sorry, I only saw the pics, but now I see the chart. I really appreciate you taking the time to measure and take pics. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Charles Jones said:

If your looking at the same one i think you are, i bought the other half from the same guy for $45 less. you could try making an offer. If its the same one I think it is, that 100 side has been posted for about a week. Price might still be high for a next gen, but they still somewhat rare. Big decision, blobs and money both can be hard to come by.

I wish me would post on MP. That way he wouldn’t have to pay EBay fees and buyers wouldn’t have to pay sales tax. 

• Like 3

• 7 months later...