New grip toy found in my barn.

Leigh

I found an old iron rod in my barn. Realised that my homemade iron plates would fit over it. Added a chain and an old iron kitchen weight to hold onto. Worked up to over 62kg. Not sure what a decent weight would be for this type of lift. Something different anyway.

I would have planted my other hand on my knee to help but this was done without thinking and I didn't want to end up with a rusty hand print on my shorts.

https://youtube.com/shorts/XwEdR3j3M9U?feature=share

16885494754003022688611346147548.jpg

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Leigh said:

I found an old iron rod in my barn. Realised that my homemade iron plates would fit over it. Added a chain and an old iron kitchen weight to hold onto. Worked up to over 62kg. Not sure what a decent weight would be for this type of lift. Something different anyway.

I would have planted my other hand on my knee to help but this was done without thinking and I didn't want to end up with a rusty hand print on my shorts.

Awesome work!  I tried something along the same lines earlier this month but only worked up to 120lb.

Guess great minds think alike--almost anything/everything can be a way to challenge your grip.

What are the dimensions of your old kitchen weight?  Just curious.

My 5kg scale weight flares from 3.525" at its narrowest to 4.371" at its widest.

Big Horn Photo.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Awesome work!  I tried something along the same lines earlier this month but only worked up to 120lb.

Guess great minds think alike--almost anything/everything can be a way to challenge your grip.

What are the dimensions of your old kitchen weight?  Just curious.

My 5kg scale weight flares from 3.525" at its narrowest to 4.371" at its widest.

Big Horn Photo.jpg

Haha! Nice. I just found the same 5kg weight as in your picture. 85mm at the top, 97mm at the bottom and 110mm tall. I'll have to try this one as well.

My 2kg kitchen weight is 62mm at the top and 70mm at the bottom and it's 79mm from top to bottom. So I can just for my hand along it.

16885554462252973749757487254220.jpg

Edited by Leigh
Added a picture
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Leigh said:

Haha! Nice. I just found the same 5kg weight as in your picture. 85mm at the top, 97mm at the bottom and 110mm tall. I'll have to try this one as well.

My 2kg kitchen weight is 62mm at the top and 70mm at the bottom and it's 79mm from top to bottom. So I can just for my hand along it.

That's awesome!  Now I need to find a 2kg weight so we can make this an "official" event.  hahaha

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leigh said:

16885494754003022688611346147548.jpg

way cool man.

Nice find.

• Like 1