All time gripper limit?

AdriaanRobert96

4 hours ago, Apneaa said:

Could a human be born with a specific set of hand shape that is perfectly fit for hard grippers, and for that human to endure training for his whole life starting at a very early age, leading to changes and growths in the bone and tendon insertions of the hand and forearm that perfectly suit gripper closes?

and could that human fit these criterias but also be freaking HUGE and be made to take on massive amounts of gear as soon as he can?

Could that human be made to follow a program that would ensure he doesn't destroy his potential by sustaining a serious injury before he reach his peak grip strength?

then maybe up to a 310 is possible, otherwise something around 290 sound about right to me.

Oh dang, that’s a lot of perfecting indeed😅

I’d just like to add, that if Carl can block set the GHP 10, that’s as far as one could reasonably go…and would need to go. Tendons can get very strong, but going over that …something is bound to give. 

Out of all the strength endeavors one could do, grippers seem to be the most abundant when it comes to illusion of grandeur thoughts. 

im sure there are a lot of reasons behind that, but its simply not that simple.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I’d just like to add, that if Carl can block set the GHP 10, that’s as far as one could reasonably go…and would need to go. Tendons can get very strong, but going over that …something is bound to give. 

Out of all the strength endeavors one could do, grippers seem to be the most abundant when it comes to illusion of grandeur thoughts. 

im sure there are a lot of reasons behind that, but its simply not that simple.

I really wonder how far the tendons can actually go😅

That’s why I always try to warmup well and never push when I am not ready for it..

Always utilizing full ROM lessens the chance of injury, if I can’t get full rom on a certain rgc I won’t push it with negatives or such..

When I rep a #3.5 I am 90% where I wanna be, next 10 would be a #4!

4 hours ago, slazbob said:

Yep. How many really strong athletes cannot do squat with grippers?

One can get good with grippers very rapidly, and Voila! You ARE somebody!

Two comments about that: a) Grippers don’t mean much to anyone outside the Grip World, and b) Getting to the Top of the mountain, the next step, is harder than you think…

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Two comments about that: a) Grippers don’t mean much to anyone outside the Grip World, and b) Getting to the Top of the mountain, the next step, is harder than you think…

☝️ This nails it on the head.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

I mean, if we want to really break it down, nothing matters. ✌️😊

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I mean, if we want to really break it down, nothing matters. ✌️😊

Ultimately, you do this stuff for yourself, and no one else. Don’t get me wrong, it can be very self-satisfying.

Of all people, my then-teen son said something to me in 1999 that said it best. He always had a clever witty persona: I told him shortly after I got into grip that I looked forward to him turning 21 so we surprise people with grippers(hustling in bars), to which he said: “ Hey Dad, if you are going to keep your -ss from getting kicked, you’re going to work out a lot more than your hands”. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Ultimately, you do this stuff for yourself

Got to love this, because it reminds me of some quote I’ve read somewhere..

As you said, ultimately nothing matters but just because what you do doesn’t mean something to anyone else doesn’t meam you shouldn’t do it..

If you like/ love what you do and you feel a sense of purpouse with that then do it no matter what anyone says..

“I’d rather die doing what I love to do than sitting at home looking at TV” - those who know they know😅

I'd propose the opposite: everything matters.

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 1

Just need to improve every workout like papa Joe says and you'll never max out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, liftyzig said:

Just need to improve every workout like papa Joe says and you'll never max out.

Oh man I really hope that would be the case.. 300rgc ccs here we come I guess😂