All time gripper limit?

AdriaanRobert96

What do you think the highest rgc gripper that will ever be closed?

So I am not the person that likes to set limitations to anything, but being realistic with human limitations in mind…

My personal belief is probably around 300rgc based on what I’ve seen so far..

1 hour ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

My personal belief is probably around 300rgc based on what I’ve seen so far..

I think the most interesting thing this thread could offer is detailed reasoning for how people arrived at their number.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Carl closed a 254(?)

He's 6-10 380-400lbs, former Olympic athlete and dedicated to grip. 

I'd say 254 is pretty damn close to the peak so my guess will be 270...if we're lucky. 

@Tiziano Becchiojust closed a 220 RGC #4 at 64~ kg bw. If someone with  a larger frame and the same if not, better Genetics and background as him gets into grip then 270+ could be possible. 

• Like 3

In the context of hypothetical decades and centuries of advancements in training, peak human potential is likely higher than what people would imagine - just as it continues to grow in all forms of sport and training. Look at progressions of strength and sport world records, such as the marathon, mile, dead lift, 100m, the list goes on. The records continue to be broken, and humans continue to reach new heights. Look at Shohei Ohtani, someone objectively better than Babe Ruth, who is doing things that were once thought impossible. Look at Victor Wembanyama, the #1 overall NBA draft pick, who is like a cross between Yao Ming and Kevin Durant. The evolution continues.

Beyond natural progressions through time, there are also genetic anomalies, like Tiziano, that defy all logic or imagination. He's very close to Carl territory, at less than half the weight.

Imagine there is a genetic freak in the future, born specifically with Tiziano-like grip power, but who is also a larger human than Carl, and starts training with grippers at age 13. 300-320 RGC may not be out of the question in that situation.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, stranger said:

Carl closed a 254(?)

He's 6-10 380-400lbs, former Olympic athlete and dedicated to grip. 

I'd say 254 is pretty damn close to the peak so my guess will be 270...if we're lucky. 

@Tiziano Becchiojust closed a 220 RGC #4 at 64~ kg bw. If someone with  a larger frame and the same if not, better Genetics and background as him gets into grip then 270+ could be possible. 

I haven’t seen that 220 rgc close yet. 
he certified 190rgc vano gripper a month ago which seemed pretty tough for him…now 30pounds in a month later? Amazing stuff 

• Like 2

Grip is a really niche activity. Offer millions  of $$$ to anyone setting WR's in gripper closes, just like they get for winning a major in tennis or golf. Then the numbers would go up drastically. You would have the largest and strongest individuals on the planet dedicating their lifes to do it.

I'd say it's probably far above 300 lbs RGC. Probably much more than we can even imagine. 

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cannon said:

I think the most interesting thing this thread could offer is detailed reasoning for how people arrived at their number.  

No doubt!

8 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

Sounds… realistic, based on what’a been achieved :)

6 hours ago, Cannon said:

Not sure what you tried to do here😂

6 hours ago, Jared P said:

In the context of hypothetical decades and centuries of advancements in training, peak human potential is likely higher than what people would imagine - just as it continues to grow in all forms of sport and training. Look at progressions of strength and sport world records, such as the marathon, mile, dead lift, 100m, the list goes on. The records continue to be broken, and humans continue to reach new heights. Look at Shohei Ohtani, someone objectively better than Babe Ruth, who is doing things that were once thought impossible. Look at Victor Wembanyama, the #1 overall NBA draft pick, who is like a cross between Yao Ming and Kevin Durant. The evolution continues.

Beyond natural progressions through time, there are also genetic anomalies, like Tiziano, that defy all logic or imagination. He's very close to Carl territory, at less than half the weight.

Imagine there is a genetic freak in the future, born specifically with Tiziano-like grip power, but who is also a larger human than Carl, and starts training with grippers at age 13. 300-320 RGC may not be out of the question in that situation.

I like this thought and I really root for it to be this way😮‍💨

28 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Grip is a really niche activity. Offer millions  of $$$ to anyone setting WR's in gripper closes, just like they get for winning a major in tennis or golf. Then the numbers would go up drastically. You would have the largest and strongest individuals on the planet dedicating their lifes to do it.

I'd say it's probably far above 300 lbs RGC. Probably much more than we can even imagine. 

Of all things, you decided to peak damn fact😂I dedicate literally every week to grippers.. imagine earning millions of dollars.. 

You’re right on with this one!

31 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Of all things, you decided to peak damn fact😂I dedicate literally every week to grippers.. imagine earning millions of dollars.. 

You’re right on with this one!

There would just be so many more people doing it seriously. That's it. While Carl is a olympican he was not one of the very best in his sport. That will give you a hint. He's probably the only olympican who takes grip seriously. Imagine if everyone did this. If grip was as popular as soccer is. There would be millions and millions of people training it every day.

And we already know that people takes things to the extreme if there's a lot of money to earn.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

There would just be so many more people doing it seriously. That's it. While Carl is a olympican he was not one of the very best in his sport. That will give you a hint. He's probably the only olympican who takes grip seriously. Imagine if everyone did this. If grip was as popular as soccer is. There would be millions and millions of people training it every day.

And we already know that people takes things to the extreme if there's a lot of money to earn.

Yup, that’s true.. basically a lot of hidden potential out there but not many take it seriously or even consider training it..

I am not blaming anyone because I understand, it’s a little odd..

I personally go all week literally struggling not to think about my next gripper workout😂

I guess that’s the strong “want” factor and all the goals I have..

5 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Imagine if the biggest, freakiest athletes in the NBA and NFL took their talents to grip. In that event, 300 RGC may be possible. Did Nathan Holle ever get back to training? Did he even reach his limit? Wonder what that comes out to. 

• Like 2

I think Carl or Nathan holle can close 270 lb gripper in deep set in the next year. I really curious about if a strongman like thor , eddy hall ECC train seriously gripper 

I think 300 rgc can be possible .

@stranger I'm skinny guys but I hope gain weight and close one day +240 rgc at 70 kg bw

For me it's a dream

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Imagine if the biggest, freakiest athletes in the NBA and NFL took their talents to grip. In that event, 300 RGC may be possible. Did Nathan Holle ever get back to training? Did he even reach his limit? Wonder what that comes out to. 

Oh man, that’s a nice thought tbh.. I belive 300 would be doable tbh..

with that said, I wonder how much PEDs help grip recovery and all that..

1 hour ago, Tiziano Becchio said:

I think Carl or Nathan holle can close 270 lb gripper in deep set in the next year. I really curious about if a strongman like thor , eddy hall ECC train seriously gripper 

I think 300 rgc can be possible .

@stranger I'm skinny guys but I hope gain weight and close one day +240 rgc at 70 kg bw

For me it's a dream

If you credit card closed a #3.5 at your weight, you’ll achieve that goal no issues..

Super strong, got to ask.. how often and how do you train grippers at this point?

Edited by AdriaanRobert96

1 hour ago, Seoyoon said:

Sounds like a good limit😂

34 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

If you credit card closed a #3.5 at your weight, you’ll achieve that goal no issues..

Super strong, got to ask.. how often and how do you train grippers at this point?

thank you very much for your trust, I hope you are right,

I've been training grippers since January 2022 with but seriously since May so a year,

I train them often from 3 to 6 times depending on the accumulated fatigue

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tiziano Becchio said:

thank you very much for your trust, I hope you are right,

I've been training grippers since January 2022 with but seriously since May so a year,

I train them often from 3 to 6 times depending on the accumulated fatigue

Very impressive, keep going you’ll crush those goals!

I say 15% more than what the different types of closes are currently. 

I looked at the World Shot Put Record. It has moved up less than 3% during the last 48 years. 

Five times more than the Shot Put movement seems like it would take into account the Genetic Freak Factor. The World Shot Put Record was broken two times in less than 30 minutes just a few days ago. It was a huge upward jump, perhaps the biggest upward jump in decades. And it was a less than 1% for an upward movement. 

• Like 3

Could a human be born with a specific set of hand shape that is perfectly fit for hard grippers, and for that human to endure training for his whole life starting at a very early age, leading to changes and growths in the bone and tendon insertions of the hand and forearm that perfectly suit gripper closes?

and could that human fit these criterias but also be freaking HUGE and be made to take on massive amounts of gear as soon as he can?

Could that human be made to follow a program that would ensure he doesn't destroy his potential by sustaining a serious injury before he reach his peak grip strength?

then maybe up to a 310 is possible, otherwise something around 290 sound about right to me.

• Like 2