How to rate grippers yourself?

AdriaanRobert96

So I have some grippers and I’ve wanted ti have them rated for a while but can’t bother to pay to have them sent from Europe to US (CPW more exactly).

So as the title asks, what are some ways of rating grippers yourself?

Anything I could buy from CPW maybe?

Thanks a lot🫡

I think you’d have to just build your own RGC. I can’t begin to tell you how to do so, but I’m pretty sure it involves welding skills to do it right. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

I think you’d have to just build your own RGC. I can’t begin to tell you how to do so, but I’m pretty sure it involves welding skills to do it right. 

Hmm, I can’t weld but that’s no problem because I could just give it to someone :D

1 hour ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

So I have some grippers and I’ve wanted ti have them rated for a while but can’t bother to pay to have them sent from Europe to US (CPW more exactly).

So as the title asks, what are some ways of rating grippers yourself?

Anything I could buy from CPW maybe?

Thanks a lot🫡

You can buy this, if you don't want / can make something yourself. https://www.armassassinstrengthshop.com/products/rack-mount-rgc

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

@EmilBB With that said how do I know what pin size?

You're meant to attach it to a rack, so it depends what you have. 

• Like 1

I also think there's a guy in germany that rates grippers (griffkraft), 5€ each + shipping of course. Definitely cheaper than buying the RGC device yourself, also faster for sure.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EmilBB said:

I also think there's a guy in germany that rates grippers (griffkraft), 5€ each + shipping of course. Definitely cheaper than buying the RGC device yourself, also faster for sure.

Oh really?

Where do I find this guy?

Just now, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Oh really?

Where do I find this guy?

"german.grip" on instagram, he also has a fun TNS cert with narrow RB grippers. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

"german.grip" on instagram, he also has a fun TNS cert with narrow RB grippers. 

@EmilBB My man😎You saved the day🫡

39 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

@EmilBB My man😎You saved the day🫡

Well hopefully he still rates grippers, I'm not sure he does.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

Well hopefully he still rates grippers, I'm not sure he does.

Well if not I’ll just buy that RGC Device, I mean it’s a one time purchase and then I’ll have it.

• Like 1

Gods of Grip (UK) also offered a rating service in the past. Don't know if they still do it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mental_Vortex said:

Gods of Grip (UK) also offered a rating service in the past. Don't know if they still do it.

Any advice is appeciated pal, so it’s worth looking up :) Thank you!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Any advice is appeciated pal, so it’s worth looking up :) Thank you!

Just remember you'll have to pay an import fee when buying something from UK now, because of brexit.

• Like 2

Ordering from the UK now is even worse than from the US. Slow shipping and expensive rates, plus tax. Just better to order from CPW in that case.

Setting up an RGC-rig is really easy if you have the tools and material but if you don't have that it's impossible. It's not something you can do easily in that sense. You need to have the necessary tools to build one. 

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Ordering from the UK now is even worse than from the US. Slow shipping and expensive rates, plus tax. Just better to order from CPW in that case.

Setting up an RGC-rig is really easy if you have the tools and material but if you don't have that it's impossible. It's not something you can do easily in that sense. You need to have the necessary tools to build one. 

Yeah I assumed it would be the case, not sure yet.. maybe I’ll send them to someone and if that is a no go I’ll buy myself a RGC device..

I need to look over at CPWs again and see what a total stand out to be :)

Appreciate all the advice @Fist of Fury, you a legend🫡

Unfortunately the custums in this country has become so greedy. When I started grip I could buy a gripper from the US and it always slipped through the customs. Now, nothing ever slips through unless they make a mistake. Even if you buy something for $5 you have to pay tax for it.

It's really sad, especially when you buy thing that is not even available in this country. SEK has become so weak as well. To me it's not even worth buying grippers anymore. it's so damn expensive. Buying one rated gripper probably costs over $70 now.

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Sad 1

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

Unfortunately the custums in this country has become so greedy. When I started grip I could buy a gripper from the US and it always slipped through the customs. Now, nothing ever slips tgrough unless they make a mistake. Even if you buy something for $5 you have to pay tax for it.

It's really sad, especially when you buy thing that is not even available in this country.

Ugh, that suck man I totally know how you feel :( 

Sadly for us a lot of the awesome grip stuff is located across waters CPW, GHP, Arm Assassins, etc et..

7 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Ugh, that suck man I totally know how you feel :( 

Sadly for us a lot of the awesome grip stuff is located across waters CPW, GHP, Arm Assassins, etc et..

You had Silarukov in Russia, always slipped through the customs for some weird reason but I don't think that's an option at this point in time.

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 1

You're a "gripper guy" so having your own will probably be best in the future as well.  Rating grippers is kinda fun and is a valuable thing to have.  Buy one or have one made - you won't be sorry.  Rating was a big conversation on the GB at one point - you might search on here - there was a lot of information and discussion on here way back when.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, climber511 said:

You're a "gripper guy" so having your own will probably be best in the future as well.  Rating grippers is kinda fun and is a valuable thing to have.  Buy one or have one made - you won't be sorry.  Rating was a big conversation on the GB at one point - you might search on here - there was a lot of information and discussion on here way back when.

Yes, I agree.  It wasn't until Matt started Cannonworks that the rating of grippers kind of became a settled topic.  He made the process professional, affordable, widely accessible, and transparent.  Previously, there were a handful of trusted raters (you included) that we could reach out to ask.  But it was more like asking a friend or acquaintance if they had time and/or interest to rate your grippers.  And each rater had their own set-up and process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, climber511 said:

this, also being self sufficient is a fantastic feeling

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

You had Silarukov in Russia, always slipped through the customs for some weird reason but I don't think that's an option at this point in time.

Never really bought anything from Silarukov but I know they had all kinds of fun stuff (still do).