Gripalooza

DrBartlebee

I've been doing mostly volume work with grippers recently, but my GHP 7 came in the mail yesterday and I had to try it out. @Hubgeezer you were right, it's a pretty good looking gripper :). Video here: 

I'm pretty happy with this one, feels like a milestone into the upper level of grippers. I know this is pretty standard fare for some folks on here but for me it's exciting progress. I'm coming for my 162 rgc Cobalt next 💪

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Grippers and bending today.

Hit the punching bag for about 15 mins and flipped the tractor tire a few times to warm up.

Grippers:

128 RGC GHP 6 3x4

136 RGC Iron 3x3

149 RGC #3 3x1 choked @~20mm

repped out my Gold to finish

Bending:

I've hurt my hands the last few times I've bent steel so I'm doing everything in doubles (leather and suede on top) because I don't want to give it up haha.

3 60Ds to warm up, 2 medium difficult 5/16-6 inch grade 2's. They felt really good, so I decided to go for a red nail I kinked slightly in a previous session. Much to my surprise, I was able to bend it down to a little under 4". Today was the first time I have been able to make any progress on a red nail, they've always felt like bricks before. Super exciting.

Before this, I was sick for about a week and a half and am just now starting to feel better. Usually getting sick sets me back, but it might have actually forced me to rest and get some strength back. Who knows? Hoping I can bend a red all the way before the year is up. 

IMG_3916 Large.jpeg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

It's felt like my gripper progression has stalled out the past couple weeks with the usual workouts, so today I just decided to have some fun with a sort of ladder. I also cut my left thumb the other day so I couldn't do a MMS with my harder grippers.

In order:

1x2 CoC #1 unrated

1x2 Standard Au 96 rgc

1x2 Coc #2 unrated

1x2 GHP 5 unrated

1x2 Coc #2.5 unrated

1x2 GHP 6 128 rgc

1x2 Standard Iron 136 rgc

5x2 Coc #3 149 rgc choked at ~25mm.

I think I missed the second rep on a couple of the #3 sets but I wasn't super focused on it, just squeezing away. Before today I had actually never closed the choker #3 for multiple reps so that was exciting. I'm taking a break from bending because I am trying to a bit of a deload for my upper body this week.

• Like 4

I bent the red nail today in leathers and suedes. It probably took me around 30 minutes in total. The kink and sweep was pretty easy but I struggled with the crush, had to take a bunch of breaks.

I am on a run of sub-par gripper days. They seem to be my fickle mistress. At least I checked one of my goals for this year off.

IMG_3970 Large.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DrBartlebee said:

They seem to be my fickle mistress.

Truer words were never spoken.  More like the capricious Captains of Crush. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBartlebee said:

I bent the red nail today in leathers and suedes. It probably took me around 30 minutes in total. The kink and sweep was pretty easy but I struggled with the crush, had to take a bunch of breaks.

I am on a run of sub-par gripper days. They seem to be my fickle mistress. At least I checked one of my goals for this year off.

IMG_3970 Large.jpeg

Thats huge dude.. Congrats.

Its very hard to juggle too many irons in the fire.  Next year you will be crusing red nails like qtips and closing grippers like nothing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I really want to get on the Red Nail list this year, so I'm going to start posting progress videos of how far I can bend it in 5 minutes, and will start working down from there. I am intentionally starting today after doing a tough 1-arm pullup session yesterday, (which is another big goal for this year) so that my next rested session will be a lot better and I can feel like I made a lot of progress haha. 

First video here: 

Highlight video from pullup training yesterday here: 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Been away for a while due to an unfortunate injury and trying to focus on one arm pull-up, but came back strong today with a Standard Nickel close and a bunch of chaotic and poorly filmed choker Cobalt attempts. 

147 RGC Nickel close:

This gripper is super wide. From Cannon it says the spread is 79mm but it looks a little bit over 80. I included a picture of it lined up with my GHP 7.

Here is my best attempt from today at closing my choker 161 RGC Cobalt from ~20mm:

https://youtube.com/shorts/_Wxf1ihXWho?feature=share

IMG_4192 Large.jpeg

IMG_4194 Large.jpeg

Edited by DrBartlebee
  • Like 3

NICE WORK

• Like 1