What’s your highest RGC gripper close?

AdriaanRobert96

The biggest one I got right now that I can close it is A CWP/GG4 rgc 112

• Like 7

MMS 170 Elite  

20mm block 165 (2022 US Grip Nationals) 

CCS 148 CoC #3 

No set 132 Super Master 

Planning on closing a 170 at Nationals this year (June 10th)

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I have a 3.5 rated 159.  I can close that one more often than the 165, but less impressive to say so ...

That’s crazy man.. yeah that’s true😅

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stranger said:

MMS 170 Elite  

CCS 148 CoC #3 

No set 132 Super Master 

That’s nice man😎Super strong!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stranger said:

I missed the 165 by a hair last year; going for that one this year.  Would love to close that number in comp.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I missed the 165 by a hair last year; going for that one this year.  Would love to close that number in comp.

Awh man I know the feeling, I am rooting for you this year tho😤

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cannon said:

164 for me. It was a Tetting Elite. 

I found this video LOL. Apparently I bumped the table that the potato...erm I mean camera was sitting on. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I found this video LOL. Apparently I bumped the table that the potato...erm I mean camera was sitting on. 

Haha, well not a bad potat.. I mean camera tho😂

Jokes aside, really strong closes there pal👍🏼!

I've no idea... Maybe 100lbs? Assuming I have an average #2, which I can close and hold fairly comfortably. I reckon I could close a #2.25 if such a thing existed. 

Just started to train grippers properly, so let's hope within the year I can close the 2.5 and be registering at 120lbs or whatever they come in at. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gripperer said:

I've no idea... Maybe 100lbs? Assuming I have an average #2, which I can close and hold fairly comfortably. I reckon I could close a #2.25 if such a thing existed. 

Just started to train grippers properly, so let's hope within the year I can close the 2.5 and be registering at 120lbs or whatever they come in at. 

I was stuck in that limbo for a while, especially on my left. Getting some bridge grippers like a GHP5, HG250, Grip Genie 4, or Standard platinum can help you span the gap, provided they’re in the ~110-120 range. The average 2.5 is 126. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

I was stuck in that limbo for a while, especially on my left. Getting some bridge grippers like a GHP5, HG250, Grip Genie 4, or Standard platinum can help you span the gap, provided they’re in the ~110-120 range. The average 2.5 is 126. 

Thanks for the advice and info. I closed the 2 about two years ago and only very sporadically did grippers since, maybe the odd squeeze once a month or something. Did plenty of grip training since, but not gripper specific, so no wonder I never progressed. So it's quite exciting now to make a proper effort.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gripperer said:

You’ll do that no problem based on what you’re telling me👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Mi highest has been Standard cobalt 157*4 mini reps.

Highest on video, 157*2 standard cobalt. 

Highest 20mm blockset, 135lb hg 300

Highest ghp blockset, I think 119 or 126lb, can't remembert at the moment.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

Mi highest has been Standard cobalt 157*4 mini reps.

Highest on video, 157*2 standard cobalt. 

Highest 20mm blockset, 135lb hg 300

Highest ghp blockset, I think 119 or 126lb, can't remembert at the moment.

Them cobalt closes looking good 👍🏼 !

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

167 or 168 (don't remember) GHP8.

Solid🦍

Hey Fury, Imma send you a PM.. get back to me when and if you have time, thank you😄

• 1 month later...

Only about twice since I got it, it was a 126lb coc #2.5 at 134 bw. It's been a while since I got it. Just a regular set, no block weight (yet)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LABZSTS said:

Only about twice since I got it, it was a 126lb coc #2.5 at 134 bw. It's been a while since I got it. Just a regular set, no block weight (yet)

Super impressive even more so at that bw😎!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

191 MMS

How wide is a MMS, parallel?

Nonetheless, 191 rgc is insane😮‍💨

35 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

How wide is a MMS, parallel?

Nonetheless, 191 rgc is insane😮‍💨

MMS is parallel. Slightly less than 20 mm. About one handle width. But you can close the gripper from wider than that and still call it "MMS" if you want to.

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

But you can close the gripper from wider than that and still call it "MMS" if you want to.

I would have worded that differently. Maybe “you can close the gripper from wider than that and still pass an MMS certification if you want to.” 

If someone declares an MMS close I believe they are only claiming the roughly parallel width. If they used a wider set I think they would commonly say so. 

You are correct in the same sense that you can No Set a #3 and still pass the credit card certification as long as you swiped the card. But I think that person would report that they No Set the gripper, not just CCS. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

I would have worded that differently. Maybe “you can close the gripper from wider than that and still pass an MMS certification if you want to.” 

If someone declares an MMS close I believe they are only claiming the roughly parallel width. If they used a wider set I think they would commonly say so. 

You are correct in the same sense that you can No Set a #3 and still pass the credit card certification as long as you swiped the card. But I think that person would report that they No Set the gripper, not just CCS. 

That's why I wrote "if you want to". MMS is just the minimum requirement. I can call all my closes MMS that are wider than that, if I want to. Everyone doesn't close grippers from parallel even if they are allowed to.

To me "MMS" just means you're closing a gripper from a set without any block or card to check the exact width but it's at least parallel or wider.

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2023 at 9:24 AM, stranger said:

MMS 170 Elite  

CCS 148 CoC #3 

No set 132 Super Master 

Can you bring this to nationals?  I'd love to try to TNS it.  I've done a COC 2.5 rated 134, but it has been a while.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Can you bring this to nationals?  I'd love to try to TNS it.  I've done a COC 2.5 rated 134, but it has been a while.

The Super Master? Sure thing!

• Like 2