Heavy Hands 2023

ZRMMA

2 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

Are Canadians invited?

I laughed because I was assuming it is obvious you are, but I suppose I should let the actual promoters answer.  Maybe they are mad you won't have us at your Canadian one lol.  That medley looked so fun!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

Are Canadians invited?

Absolutely!

• Like 2

(list will update as online sign ups come in... also others may be registering day of etc. so the amount of lifters will definitely be greater than what I list)

Registered/Confirmed Lifters

• Vinny Ferraiuolo (74kg)

• Vinnie Rivellese (83kg)

• Eric Roussin (93kg)

• Zach Mullins (93kg)

• Rob Sully (105kg)

• Jason Matkowski (105kg)

• Michael Dalton (105kg)

• Ben Helms (105kg)

• Doug Carney (120kg)

• Jedd Johnson (120kg) 

• Chaz Strange (120kg)

• Jaland Worley (120kg)

TO MAKE IT EASIER TO FIND ALL ROSTER UPDATES WILL BE UPDATED/ADDED ON THE INITIAL POST OF THIS THREAD.

Edited by ZRMMA
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZRMMA said:

(list will update as online sign ups come in... also others may be registering day of etc. so the amount of lifters will definitely be greater than what I list)

• Zach Mullins (93kg)

• Doug Carney (120kg)

• Jedd Johnson (120kg) 

I'm just gonna jump on and sign up now.  I think I can make it.  If it turns out I can't make it after all, you can put the 20 toward your costs; it is a thankless job to promote these things and it is much appreciated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I'm just gonna jump on and sign up now.  I think I can make it.  If it turns out I can't make it after all, you can put the 20 toward your costs; it is a thankless job to promote these things and it is much appreciated.

I'm signed up.  Then I saw the prices of the hotels there ... hopefully that doesn't scare me away when it comes time to commit lol.  $225 per night for red roof inn!  Dang!  What do you guys think you are, NYC?  lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ZRMMA said:

• Doug Carney (120kg)

• Jedd Johnson (120kg) 

I'm going up against @Jedd Johnson in my weight class?  Uhm...is there something below "last place" to describe my performance compared to the King of Grip?  :unsure

And Ben is in the bracket below me, so right now my best option is to binge on triple cheeseburgers and extra large pizzas to be the only guy in 120+...  😂🤣😅

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I'm signed up.  Then I saw the prices of the hotels there ... hopefully that doesn't scare me away when it comes time to commit lol.  $225 per night for red roof inn!  Dang!  What do you guys think you are, NYC?  lol

I just took a closer look at the hotel reservation my wife made.

OMG!  I thought that price was for TWO nights!  🤑💸

Edited by Douglas Carney

14 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

OMG!

no bull dinkey (gripboard doesn't allow the actual word lol)!  Air bnb has much lower prices than expedia did, but it won't be a "hotel," it might be someone's house maybe a shared bath, etc.  Anyway I am sure I can find something since I am driving, and can just stay further out and drive a little to the comp.  I don't like 200+ per night though, for barebones for a grip comp.  I'd pay that or more for a romantic trip with a woman, but grip comps are not how you plan those lol

• Haha 1

I’m in! Maybe I can convince some others to make the 10-hour drive down with me.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

I’m in! Maybe I can convince some others to make the 10-hour drive down with me.

Since Canadians are allowed I’ll book the time off for the trip! 😁

• Like 5

Definitely looking like a must-attend!

• Like 3

I will be there.  I'll lose some weight, even.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Just noticed UVA has home football game against James Madison who is also nearby and recently moved to Div 1..

could be reason hotels so much.. one time I was in Elkhart, IN for work...we had company rate at a hotel. Stayed 4 days but last day was like 3X. Thought it was error until desk person said special rate doesn't apply on Fri/Sat during football season..  thats when I started noticing all the navy blue & gold in the lobby

Might be some cheaper hotels 20-30 min away.

Edited by Vinny F
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

I just took a closer look at the hotel reservation my wife made.

OMG!  I thought that price was for TWO nights!  🤑💸

Hell with that.  I'll stay an hour away for $100.

• Like 3

On 3/16/2023 at 7:14 PM, stranger said:

if you're in the area definitely try and make it

And if you're not in the area, also try to make it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 11:53 AM, Douglas Carney said:

I was just talking with my wife about Heavy Hands this morning.

Looks like my son is coming with me for the weekend so we can take a look at William and Mary and Duke on Sunday and Monday (he's applying to college this fall), although he may skip out on the comp because he can drive alone now and I may let him take my car to go explore if he's not into gripping with us.  But he has done a comp with me once before, so maybe he will just do it for fun.  He has a record or two because hardly anyone competes in his age/weight lol (17 years old, 59kg, although maybe 66kg now that he got a lot taller).

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

As of this morning, I am now under 120kg.  If we need more in 120+, let me know...I will eat a giant dinner and breakfast prior to weigh-in. @ZRMMA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

As of this morning, I am now under 120kg.  If we need more in 120+, let me know...I will eat a giant dinner and breakfast prior to weigh-in. @ZRMMA

Uhm...yeah.  You're going to pull more than me, so It would help me out if you move up to 120+...  🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

I’m getting really excited for this contest! It can’t come soon enough!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

I’m getting really excited for this contest! It can’t come soon enough!

I was hoping to make it, but committed to the one a week later in North Carolina because had friends who could go along, and it has grippers.  But for a while was entertaining doing both.  Oh well.  Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I was hoping to make it, but committed to the one a week later in North Carolina because had friends who could go along, and it has grippers.  But for a while was entertaining doing both.  Oh well.  Good luck!

Boooooooooo 👎👎👎

8 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

Boooooooooo 👎👎👎

Are you going to either of those (this one or AGP in Charlotte a week later)?