Road to CoC #4 Training Log

AdriaanRobert96

3 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

#37 Road to CoC #4

Thoughts: Today was more volume than usual as you will see, and it felt kind of good except for my skin hurting at the end..

Workout

#1 x 15

#2 x 3

Heavy #2.5 x 1

Heavy #3 x 1 

#3.5 x 1 

#3.5 x 1 attempt

Average #3 x 1 CCS

Average #2.5 x 16

Average #2.5 x 10

Average #2.5 x 8

Average #2.5 x 6

#2 x 20

#2 x 13

#2 x 10

#1 x 30

A total of 136 reps..

Ended it all with some thumb/ pinch grip work

Thanks for your support❤️

Wow, that’s quite a lot! Great work! 
Honestly I’ve only tried doing very few reps a few times and I tend to enjoy somewhat larger volume a bit more myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IzzyGrasp said:

Wow, that’s quite a lot! Great work! 
Honestly I’ve only tried doing very few reps a few times and I tend to enjoy somewhat larger volume a bit more myself.

Aha that’s great, same here.. not this much usually😅

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Killer grip work today 

Hopefully enough for gains😅

• Like 2

Hey All :)

About to do some grip work in 4-5 hrs with  some adjustable Plastic Grippers 

Coc 2.5 with CPW Bumpber and COC 2.0

And  a filed CoC 3.0 RGC# 157 and   big negs with GHP# 8 RGC 179.

Is everyone here goal to close the Coc#4s? Sure would like to be able to get even the strongest 4 in the years to come myself but I will be happy being able to close my GHP8 and Filed 3 and all my COC 3.5s. Thats for sure.

Been using Ironmind one Arm Deadlifts with the Blockbuster Pinchblock to help get more gains. Share your thoughts brothers in strength :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShelluvstheMostHigh said:

Hey All :)

About to do some grip work in 4-5 hrs with  some adjustable Plastic Grippers 

Coc 2.5 with CPW Bumpber and COC 2.0

And  a filed CoC 3.0 RGC# 157 and   big negs with GHP# 8 RGC 179.

Is everyone here goal to close the Coc#4s? Sure would like to be able to get even the strongest 4 in the years to come myself but I will be happy being able to close my GHP8 and Filed 3 and all my COC 3.5s. Thats for sure.

Been using Ironmind one Arm Deadlifts with the Blockbuster Pinchblock to help get more gains. Share your thoughts brothers in strength :)

Hmm that’s a good question, for me it’s all about closing the #4 at some point

Before setting goals like that I think it’s important to enjoy the journey and understand it’ll take time.

I’d say closing a #2.5 and up for males would be fairly impressive if you ask me, not a lot of people I know close the #2.5.

So as for you, closing a #3 would be impressive.. if you’re not closing it already that it :)

• Like 4

#38 Road to CoC #4

Thoughts: So I think today will be my last workout before a couple of weeks of deload, stay tuned to next week to see what a deload looks like for me :)

Workout

#1 x 10

#2 x 6

Heavy #2.5 x 1

Heavy #3 x 1 

#3.5 x 1 attempt

Average #3 x 1 CCS

Average #2.5 x 17

Average #2.5 x 11

Average #2.5 x 9

Average #2.5 x 7

#2 x 20

#2 x 30

#2 x 30

#1 x 30

Ended it all with some thumb/ pinch grip work

Thanks for your support❤️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Nice grip work

Appreciate it, tons of volume!

#39 Road to CoC #4

Thoughts: So deload start as of today and this is what my workouts look like.

Workout:

Finger Band (Blue): 2 x 15 reps

#Agility x 15

#1 x 10

#2 x 20

Note: That’s about it, it’s crazy huh but usually I say that if a deload doesn’t make you question it it isn’t a deload😆

• Like 3

#40 Road to CoC #4

Thoughts: Alright so I know I said deload but a part of me want something else so here goes: 

I thought about changing my workouts from 1 all out set to 3 sets of as many reps as I can with about 1-2 reps in reserve.

As I said before, I experienced growth and massive strength gains on my left training this way so I’ll give it a go on my right aswell :)

Workout:

Blue IM Band x 15 reps

Agility x 20

#1 x 12

#2 x 3

#2.5 x 1

#3 x 1

#2.5 x 10

#2.5 x 10

#2.5 x 8

I’ll give this a go for a while and see if it gives results, it will yield in more total volume and I think that’s what I need.

Thanks for following along😈

• Like 3

#41 Road to CoC #4

Read this below, you might learn something!

Thoughts: If you remember about 2 weeks ago I said I’ll change from an all out set to 3 sets to get more volume..

I can withouth a doubt say that just 2 weeks in and I can already tell a difference!

An all out set works to a certain point but when the gripper get’s to hard it’s too difficult to get enough volume from one set (my opinion).

So adding another set or two just makes sense to me and it obviously works.

My thought is that whenever I can comfortably do a set of 20 with a gripper, that’s when I move on to the next.

Obviously that number will go down as you go up, so maybe 12-15 with the #3 before attempting the #3.5 again.

Since I had this weight cut I feel like I need to recompose my strength to weight ratio again and the best way for me has always been to build that base.

Obviously I only got 1mm left on the #3.5 CCS, but better take my time and stay ahead.

Workout:

Blue IM Band x 15 reps

Blue IM Band x 15 reps

Agility x 30 reps

#1 x 10 reps

#2 x 1 rep

#2.5 x 15 reps

#2.5 x 14

#2.5 x 12 reps

Note: I am telling you guys I feel like I am onto something here and it’s definitely working.

Not progressing on an all out set and or jeavy attempts?

Try 2-3 sets of higher reps between 10-15!

Thanks for the support fam❤️

• Like 3

#42 Road to CoC #4

Thoughts: Oh boy am I excited, things are taking a turn for the better finally and I am so hyped about it!

This is my 3rd consecutive week where I’ve made rep PRs so this really tells me that what I am doing is currently working and that my theory about volume made sense.

Now, milk this until I can’t no more😂

Workout:

Blue IM Band x 15 reps

Blue IM Band x 15 reps

Agility x 30 reps

Agility x 30 reps

#1 x 10 reps

#2 x 1 rep

#2.5 x 19 reps

#2.5 x 16

#2.5 x 13 reps

Thanks for stopping by❤️

Edited by AdriaanRobert96
typo
  • Like 4

19 reps with the 2.5 that's way KILLER.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

19 reps with the 2.5 that's way KILLER.

Thank you pal, it really feels good to finally get out of that damn plateau😆 

My goal is 20, then move on to my heavy #2.5 and get 20 with that aswell..

I kid you not, my heavy #2.5 feels like a damn #3 on a bad day😂

Then atleast 12-15 with the #3, but now I am just getting ahead of myself😐

Thanks for showing some love!

• Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 12:46 PM, AdriaanRobert96 said:

#42 Road to CoC #4

Thoughts: Oh boy am I excited, things are taking a turn for the better finally and I am so hyped about it!

This is my 3rd consecutive week where I’ve made rep PRs so this really tells me that what I am doing is currently working and that my theory about volume made sense.

Now, milk this until I can’t no more😂

Workout:

Blue IM Band x 15 reps

Blue IM Band x 15 reps

Agility x 30 reps

Agility x 30 reps

#1 x 10 reps

#2 x 1 rep

#2.5 x 19 reps

#2.5 x 16

#2.5 x 13 reps

Thanks for stopping by❤️

I really like this training method. It’s fun to set rep goals and slowly achieve them and graduate to tougher grippers! You’re making awesome progress! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IzzyGrasp said:

I really like this training method. It’s fun to set rep goals and slowly achieve them and graduate to tougher grippers! You’re making awesome progress! 

Thank you Izzy, glad I am not the only one :)

Not only that but you know for sure that increasing reps will gain you more mass and or tendon strength👌🏼

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Thank you Izzy, glad I am not the only one :)

Not only that but you know for sure that increasing reps will gain you more mass and or tendon strength👌🏼

I am actually very curious to try and see what RGC rating would be a similar rep range to what you can do with a 2.5 just to see where I land. haha It will surely be much, much lower. But, I think I will be thrilled to see how I can now do that many reps with a gripper that once was all I could handle for 1 rep. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, IzzyGrasp said:

I am actually very curious to try and see what RGC rating would be a similar rep range to what you can do with a 2.5 just to see where I land. haha It will surely be much, much lower. But, I think I will be thrilled to see how I can now do that many reps with a gripper that once was all I could handle for 1 rep. 

Interesting indeed, altho you need to rate it😅

Any gripper you can do 20 with atm?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Interesting indeed, altho you need to rate it😅

Any gripper you can do 20 with atm?

I am not entirely sure which one it would be, but I want to test this out on Monday! I will have to take a guess as to which one might be near that rep range as I’ve never done 20 reps before back to back. I imagine it would be somewhere in the range of 70-85% of my PR (128 RGC) but I’m not entirely sure which I should try yet. lol 

Just now, IzzyGrasp said:

I am not entirely sure which one it would be, but I want to test this out on Monday! I will have to take a guess as to which one might be near that rep range as I’ve never done 20 reps before back to back. I imagine it would be somewhere in the range of 70-85% of my PR (128 RGC) but I’m not entirely sure which I should try yet. lol 

85% would be my 109 GG4 and I highly doubt I could do that many reps on that. lol So probably somewhere on the lower end. But I’ll definitely test this and find out. 

• Like 1

Hey, man. How’s it going?

I tried out what we were talking about and fortunately my guess for which gripper to try was a pretty good one, since I wanted to land somewhere in the teens but not yet be able to hit 20 reps.

I did a COC #2 rated 100 RGC for 16 reps! I’m pretty happy with it. I first closed a #2 rated 105 for a single rep on July 18. I managed the same rep count on my left hand with a #1.5 rated 82. 

• Like 1