New Year Grip Goals?

AdriaanRobert96

28 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Sounds like a lot of fun this year then😄

What’s 185 and up, a heavy #3.5 I assume?

#3.5, Grip Genie Six and Standard Tungsten

• Like 1

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

#3.5, Grip Genie Six and Standard Tungsten

Alrighty, goodluck to you pal!

Let us know how it goes😎💪🏽

I will turn 75 this year.  My wife and I will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary this year as well.  2023 also marks my 40th year of rock climbing.  The year of our 27th and 42nd anniversary we went climbing in the Black Hills of South Dakota and had our picture taken together on top of one of the Famous climbs there – Triconi Nail.  Our goal for the year is to do this climb again and get our picture taken one more time there. 

Now of course I have gym and grip lifts and/or feats I want to maintain or get back to this year – but I have to keep in mind the overwhelming goal is this climb.  Compared to what I have climbed in the past this route is fairly easy – but compared to what I have been able to do these last few years with all the health issues it’s not a max maybe but not as easy as it once was either. 

The only grip goal I was never able to accomplish was lifting the Inch DB to full lockout – everything else that I aspired to I managed – there were of course things I never really tried or cared to try - and there are feats now that didn't exist when I was younger and stronger.  No doubt I could have done more if I had been willing to specialize for a length of time but that was never my way.  My clock is ticking down as they say – I have to pick my battles more carefully now.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, climber511 said:

I will turn 75 this year.  My wife and I will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary this year as well.  2023 also marks my 40th year of rock climbing.  The year of our 27th and 42nd anniversary we went climbing in the Black Hills of South Dakota and had our picture taken together on top of one of the Famous climbs there – Triconi Nail.  Our goal for the year is to do this climb again and get our picture taken one more time there. 

Now of course I have gym and grip lifts and/or feats I want to maintain or get back to this year – but I have to keep in mind the overwhelming goal is this climb.  Compared to what I have climbed in the past this route is fairly easy – but compared to what I have been able to do these last few years with all the health issues it’s not a max maybe but not as easy as it once was either. 

The only grip goal I was never able to accomplish was lifting the Inch DB to full lockout – everything else that I aspired to I managed – there were of course things I never really tried or cared to try - and there are feats now that didn't exist when I was younger and stronger.  No doubt I could have done more if I had been willing to specialize for a length of time but that was never my way.  My clock is ticking down as they say – I have to pick my battles more carefully now.

Awh man, you’re an inspiration to all us younger people here and older alike😁

God bless you and your wife, I am really rooting for both of you!

Goodluck on the climbing and all other fun grip training.

Mind, Body, Spirit❤️

• Like 4