What’s the best gripper CHOKER?

AdriaanRobert96

Well it’s safe to say I’ll stick to wide sets as usual since the clamp method was too much of a hassle and it didn’t choke it deep enough😄

Nvm the last part😂

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2022 at 10:41 AM, Jermiah Merciconah said:

When i was training chokers for the brief time that i was i went out and bought titanium hose clamps you'd see used on 1000+ horsepower boosted applications, They usually have a dark bluish hue to them

Referring to something like these? They seem like a much stronger and more durable option.

https://www.amazon.com/Kyostar-Stainless-Assortment-Adjustable-Titanium/dp/B07Q7H18G4

https://www.amazon.com/T-Bolt-Standard-Intercooler-Downpipe-SL-2702/dp/B09PMLSKC8

https://www.amazon.com/Hilitchi-Stainless-Rounded-Intercooler-57-65MM/dp/B08P5HG55H

Edited by Jared P

Acquired some hose clamps from Home Depot, various tapes, and a cheap vice from Harbor Freight today. Going to make a hose clamp choker tomorrow.

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 1:59 AM, Jermiah Merciconah said:

What they don't tell you also is how much of a pain in the balls the hose clamps actually are to get on there, Unless you have an impact wrench or a decent drill you're gonna have to be screwdrivering it on there manually, Which means you actually have to squeeze the gripper to make enough space to tighten it

I use a method that uses a band thinner than a vise to fix the gripper.

This feels safer and more comfortable😆1679756241594.thumb.jpg.212b77d0a142bbbae8a84eb4b4ebe7ff.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seoyoon said:

I use a method that uses a band thinner than a vise to fix the gripper.

This feels safer and more comfortable😆1679756241594.thumb.jpg.212b77d0a142bbbae8a84eb4b4ebe7ff.jpg

how does this even work? do you start from open and do turns applying pressure until is closed?

7 minutes ago, Scottex92 said:

how does this even work? do you start from open and do turns applying pressure until is closed?

• Like 2