Squats and Grip

usuallyunusual

3 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Very strong not weak at all. Most guys these days probably can't close a .5. Yeah that 2 3/8 handle is crazy hard.  You should try the pinch blocks someday too.  Its a great piece of equipment.

I just bought the napalm Nightmare 3*4" blocks and those are super humbling lol 

I only have 2 or workouts so far with them... But they are tough! Pinching always seems to mess with my elbows a little more than handles do

I really appreciate the kind words!!! 

• Like 4

2/15/23

Napalms Nightmare 3x4" Blocks

95x2

80x 4, 4, 4 then 70x 4, 4, 4

Lattice Quad Block (deep set)    superset w/ Wrist Curls

25 x 5 w/ 5 second holds (3 sets)                                        25x 10, 10, 10

Finger Curls superset w/ twist yo' wrists

115x 6, 6, 8                              10 pounds for 3 sets

Hangboard

30mmx 10 secs  25mmx10 secs   20mmx 10 secs   15mmx10 secs  14mm(micro)x 6 seconds

• Like 4

On 2/13/2023 at 5:24 PM, usuallyunusual said:

I just bought the napalm Nightmare 3*4" blocks and those are super humbling lol 

I only have 2 or workouts so far with them... But they are tough! Pinching always seems to mess with my elbows a little more than handles do

I really appreciate the kind words!!! 

If you're having elbow pain, do some extensor band work before and after the workout. It should ease any elbow pain, and its good to balance pinch/crush work with extension of the fingers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

If you're having elbow pain, do some extensor band work before and after the workout. It should ease any elbow pain, and its good to balance pinch/crush work with extension of the fingers.

yes extensor bands help me a ton. I would also add pronation and supination with a light sledge or 4lbs hammer.  Dynamic wrist movements before and static stretching after.

I bought the Sidewinder and Sidetwister last year.. They really help with keeping the tendons  and ligaments in the hands and elbows happy.  They cost a lot but to me they where worth it.

• Like 2

2/17/23

Anvil

85x3

70x5, 5, 5 

60x 5, 5, 5

Plate pinch

4-5Ib plates 15 secs (for 3 sets) 

Grippers (CCS) 

Guide x 10, 10

GG1 x 6

HG150 x 2

.5 x 1 

Overcrush GG1 x 5 reps 

Hangboard 

30mm x10 secs

25 x 10 seconds 

20 x 10 seconds 

15 x 10, 10 seconds 

Trying to do a credit card set is a lot more difficult. The more I practice it, I'm sure it will become easier. At least I hope so... 

• Like 5

2/21/23

NN  2 3/8" handle

85x8

77.8x 8, 8, 8      67.5x 8, 8, 8

Grippers

Guidex 10  GG1x 8

COC .5x failed to close completely  (like 3 mm from touching)

GHP3 rgc69xfailed to close completely 

gg1x3 overcrushes @ 5 second holds each rep

Plate pinches

5-5ibs plates x 15 secs, 15 secs, 13 secs

hangboard

30mmx 10 secs

25mmx 10 secs

20mmx 10 secs

15mmx 10 secs

• Like 7

2/22/23

Napalms Nightmare (3*4" block) 

90*2

75*5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Finger curls 

105* 5, 5, 5

J top roller 

10ibsx 10, 10, 10 (both ways) 

Wrist Curls 

25*10, 10, 10

Felt really dead today for some reason. My hands were super tired... 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, usuallyunusual said:

2/22/23

Napalms Nightmare (3*4" block) 

90*2

75*5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Finger curls 

105* 5, 5, 5

J top roller 

10ibsx 10, 10, 10 (both ways) 

Wrist Curls 

25*10, 10, 10

Felt really dead today for some reason. My hands were super tired... 

this happens sometimes. It’s a strange occurrence that makes no sense. Just this morning with the wrist developer I was stronger lefty. But reverse bending my left hand was dead and needed to use my right hand.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

this happens sometimes. It’s a strange occurrence that makes no sense. Just this morning with the wrist developer I was stronger lefty. But reverse bending my left hand was dead and needed to use my right hand.

I am training 3 days a week, basically every other day. Lately I feel like I'm not recovering at all. It's tough some days! Bending is tough tho... I feel like I would have a hard time doing grip work and bending too. My elbows would be dying 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, usuallyunusual said:

I am training 3 days a week, basically every other day. Lately I feel like I'm not recovering at all. It's tough some days! Bending is tough tho... I feel like I would have a hard time doing grip work and bending too. My elbows would be dying 

You will adapt. I’m finding lower volume helps.  I get exhausted too sometimes and I’m sure everyone else here does. I’ve started eating more than i already do and it seems to be helping.

the inch and levering a 20lbs hammer are my main goals. I’m not going to hard with bending, just slow and steady but I might ramp it up a little now I’ve build a solid base.

if you can afford it, having a grip coach has helped me so much.

• Like 3

2/27/23

NN (2 3/8")

95*1

85*3. 80*5

Lattice Quad Block (deep pinch) 

40*1 

25* 15 seconds 

Grippers 

Guidex 10, 10

GG1x 5

HG150x 1, 1

• Like 5

On 2/23/2023 at 10:24 AM, usuallyunusual said:

Once you get to a high enough level, every other day can be too frequent to do stuff at max intensity. My best training is after 3-5 days off, for max intensity, preferably closer to 5. If I do fit anything else in I try to make it something that isn't the same thing I plan to max out on next, or just at a moderate intensity. Not every grip session has to be able going as heavy as you can or doing as much volume as you can either, some of my heaviest sessions were after doing a deload session the one previously, taking a lot of rest, & then doing a true max out session.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

Once you get to a high enough level, every other day can be too frequent to do stuff at max intensity. My best training is after 3-5 days off, for max intensity, preferably closer to 5. If I do fit anything else in I try to make it something that isn't the same thing I plan to max out on next, or just at a moderate intensity. Not every grip session has to be able going as heavy as you can or doing as much volume as you can either, some of my heaviest sessions were after doing a deload session the one previously, taking a lot of rest, & then doing a true max out session.

Thank you for your help. 

I feel like I try to do everything every session with no real reasoning. Just trying to check every box of everything and I think it is catching up with me. 

You definitely know what you are talking about! I will probably buy cadence based grip soon to help with some type of structure. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, usuallyunusual said:

Thank you for your help. 

I feel like I try to do everything every session with no real reasoning. Just trying to check every box of everything and I think it is catching up with me. 

You definitely know what you are talking about! I will probably buy cadence based grip soon to help with some type of structure. 

That's what I tried to do at first too & ended up having to take a lot of time off due to overuse injury, a few months into gripping.

CBT is like the price of 1 gripper & you can repeat it for life, I'm just starting out my 3rd run of it.

You don't need to train every single muscle with equal volume at high intensity...just focus on your goals & do what you need to for assistance work, you don't have to train everything at once or all types of grip if you don't currently care about all types of grip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1