Simple and Sinister KB program

climber511

Starting S&S. Appreciate any thoughts or feedback from those who might have done it already. The only addition I plan to add is my "Breath Holding" training and some additional stretching as is in the S&S book - I have a goal to hold my breath 3 minutes (or longer) again like when a younger man. CO2 and O2 tables shouldn't add too much. I've used KBs as a part of my other training but this will be my first actual "program" of only KBs. I have been taught proper technique by a couple RKC certified friends so I'm not uneducated entirely.

• Like 3

I've been doing it off and on.. Just started back up a month ago..

Its a nice addition to my grip/bending for someone with not a lot of time. I don't care about bench/dead or squat.. I just like grip/bending and being relatively fit.  Additional stretching is always good. Its been great for someone in construction.. I'm up and down all the time, I fall sometimes, I climb, dig, bend over, carrying stuff over head..  

Some days I don't have a lot of time/energy so I blast through it with light bells, or 1 arm swings with lighter bell, or go heavy and do less swings.. With TGUs, when I get to a new weight I do 1 rep left, 1 rep right. As I get stronger I try to do more in a row for the TUT. 

I'd like to go till i get up to 100lbs kb tgu. Which if I went at it aggressively I bet I could get there in under 6 months. But grip is where i'm giving all my attention too right now.

The kind of construction you do is a workout 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mikhael said:

@climber511 Check out my log here on the forum. Maybe it will help. 

Very interesting Thank you!