Which grippers do you use on your "off" days?

C8Myotome

I am curious, for those who do in fact use lighter grippers on their "off days" from heavier grippers (Like CoC3+), do you have an RGC cutoff you go by, a percent of your max that you consider doesn't damage your recovery, etc?

Please include what your max is vs how heavy of grippers you use for rest/active recovery. Thanks

• Like 1

Sometimes I use the GHP #1 or the #2 for reps 

lately on the off days I’ve been using the GHP # five for negatives 

my #5 is 119lbs

usually five sets of one rep Each hand over the course of 45 minutes.

but usually on the off days I’m doing other types of good work

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 2

I use a no.4 for my attempts and a 3.5 for negatives.

I use a 100 LB unrated gripper for my recovery which is the equivalent of either a guide or a trainer.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

I've never properly trained grippers, but i've closed the CROM spring on the Vulcan on the lowest setting. I think that is roughly 1.5..

I pick up my .5 and screw around with it once in awhile.  

• Like 1

Basically same grippers I trained with but lower volume. I almost always trained high volume because that was working the best for me. So I did many sets with grippers I could do 1-8 reps with.

On lower volume "off" days I would use one of those grippers that I could do maybe 3-8 reps with and do singles.

Also did some very light grippers occasionally. 3 sets of 50 reps. But that was not so much for recovery, it was to build endurance but I also think it helped with recovery because of the pump I would get from it. I actually had my best gains when I combined these with heavy singles.

• Like 1

I don't usually do too much on off days but if I do it's this adjustable plastic gripper that I got from Cannon for free a while back. Sets of 10-20 with a hold at the end, nothing too serious. 

My max RGC gripper close is 170 Elite

PXL_20221016_154834126_MP.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stranger said:

I don't usually do too much on off days but if I do it's this adjustable plastic gripper that I got from Cannon for free a while back. Sets of 10-20 with a hold at the end, nothing too serious. 

My max RGC gripper close is 170 Elite

PXL_20221016_154834126_MP.jpg

Yeah buddy. The Squeeze-a-lot. 

• Like 2