PEDs vs Old Man Strength

hellswindstaff

I understand why people want to use PEDs at a young age... it's because they quickly want freak show strength at an early age. This comes at the cost of eventual organ failure, changes to facial structure, connective tissue injury, and decreased life expectancy. PED users don't seem to maintain strength the entire life span. It seems the quicker that they get it, the quicker they lose it.

However, have you ever seen someone in their 60s that has been training for decades and it shows? I'm sure that they started out a 95lbs weakling, having sand kicked in their face, and that progress was much slower than they wanted, but they were patient, played the long game, are now a senior citizen, have spent much of their lives training, and now they are one BAMF! YEAH I WANT THAT OLD MAN STRENGTH!

• Like 1

Yup, I honestly don't care if people use PEDS... Your body your choice.. I do think whatever sport you do, whether its legal or not (i'm not talking team sports)...  there should be two categories... PED and clean..  

Slow and steady always wins the race... But i understand why people use them to for the extra edge... It of course  can come with cost that isn't worth it to me. 

I want that old man strength to.. Its old man breath and old man prostrate i dont want!

• Like 1

PED's are only for serious athletes in my opinion and people that have been resistance training for at least a decade without drugs.

Nobody is clean even drug tested is not drug free.

Drug tested is actually more dangerous than non tested because they have to use substances that leave their system very fast and these substances are way more dangerous than the substances that stay in your system for a long time.

The people that compete drug tested are only clean on the day of the test other than that they are blasting year around.

Also people still have to be a freak in order to be at the top if you don't have the genetics in the first place PED's won't turn you into a freak all of a sudden.

Using moderate amounts is about as dangerous as smoking.

People tend to forget that these freaks would never be this big without the use of other substances like HGH and insulin.

Freak genetics and copious amounts of PED's still won't turn you into Ronnie Coleman.

They should just stop testing altogether in my opinion because EVERYONE is on.

There are also lots of guys that use a small amount for decades and their health is fine.

Using PED's at a young age is not a smart idea in my opinion just wait until you're at least 25.

And once you get on stay on for life and just blast and cruise because coming off completely is worse for your health than blasting and cruising.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

Hard work always pays off, you need to put the time in. 

when I was coming up all the old guys always said whatever you put into it is what you'll get out of it.

The only race that you need to win is the one you race against yourself. 

As far as using PED's right or wrong it's up to the individual. It's not for me.

unless you consider beer and ibuprofen PED,s

• Like 1

PECs are enough for me! (Performance Enchancing Crocs!)

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

Sorry guys, one of the only rules:

4. We do not talk about performance enhancing drugs (PEDS) on the GripBoard.

• Like 1