1074lb Raw Deadlift WR

stranger

Wow! Solid grip too. (I know it's hook grip but still) 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Guy is THICK!  Huge pull at the lowest bodyweight. 275?

• Like 3

Way cool

that guy is super strong

• Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 11:23 AM, Wannagrip said:

Guy is THICK!  Huge pull at the lowest bodyweight. 275?

I believe he was just above 275, competing in the 308 class. His leg development is ridiculous 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I didn't see the label at the top of the screen and thought his 981 lift was the 1074 lift. I literally thought: "that was the smoothest max effort deadlift I've ever seen in my life." Then the video kept playing and I realized my mistake. Crazy stuff!

• Haha 1

yep it looked like he had more in the tank

• Like 1

It's obviously very strong but let's be real, this is very far away from a true deadlift. It's on the new kabuki deadlift bar which makes the grip easier and the rom even shorter than it already was, which was already really short. The plates are up like 3 inch or something, compared to the likes of Thor or Eddie pulling and he would have to do several reps to equal the rom and he's lifting from a much stronger leverage position. It's like them doing a short range above the knee rack pull. Not knocking the guy, he's lifting within the rules but the rules are awful.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

It's obviously very strong but let's be real, this is very far away from a true deadlift. It's on the new kabuki deadlift bar which makes the grip easier and the rom even shorter than it already was, which was already really short. The plates are up like 3 inch or something, compared to the likes of Thor or Eddie pulling and he would have to do several reps to equal the rom and he's lifting from a much stronger leverage position. It's like them doing a short range above the knee rack pull. Not knocking the guy, he's lifting within the rules but the rules are awful.

The dude is obviously mad strong and a genetic phenom, but in my personal opinion Benni magnusson still holds the record, Its a similar situation with Denis Cyplenkov's strict curl record, everyone is attempting to skirt the rules to edge the record out

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

The dude is obviously mad strong and a genetic phenom, but in my personal opinion Benni magnusson still holds the record, Its a similar situation with Denis Cyplenkov's strict curl record, everyone is attempting to skirt the rules to edge the record out

Yeah it's nothing against the athlete, i'm sure he worked extremely hard for it. Personally, I think deadlift bars need rid of altogether, to me it's not a 'dead'lift when the bar bends several inches before the weight leaves the floor.

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2022 at 3:47 PM, Paul Savage said:

Yeah it's nothing against the athlete, i'm sure he worked extremely hard for it. Personally, I think deadlift bars need rid of altogether, to me it's not a 'dead'lift when the bar bends several inches before the weight leaves the floor.

I agree with you on all points so far, other than the DL bar. DL bars are still legit bars. I’m not a big fan of the elephant bar, mainly just bc of how ridiculous it looks.

but didn’t Eddie and Thor both set records on bonafide DL bars?

• Like 1

Eddie for sure but Thor was in his own  gym with his own weighs . Not sure about the bar

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Eddie for sure but Thor was in his own  gym with his own weighs . Not sure about the bar

I’d assume Thor used a DL bar also then. Surely he wouldn’t have intentionally made the lift more difficult than Eddie’s record lift by using a power bar.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/25/2022 at 12:36 PM, Paul Savage said:

Agree - the extra long, bendy bars + sumo rules are lame.  Goes right along with those 1400lb suited bench presses 

• 1 month later...

What a monster pull!!! Hook grip or not, bet his thumbs were screaming more than any of his back muscles tho lol