Pda's Inch Dumbell Bar Vs Holle-it-up Dumbell Bar

vince

I am going to name the "wrist strap/hook accessory" the " Inch it up hookstrap" :tongue

Yes maybe we can market it :laugh:laugh:laugh ...although?it actually did not make any sense at all to have approximately 4 photos of that device being used to lift the INCH.Was a curious use of space in the magazine.

It also serves,IMO,no training purpose?

Very strange series of photos......

Maybe it's just me, but the whole Ironmind Holle brothers relationship seems a little strange and mysterious. Almost as if he has them under contract to help promote his products. Strossen does not post here and neither do the Holles anymore.

Interesting.... now that they have lifting implements 'named'after them and collaborated on an 'unavailable' :D book and now that the Holles have pics in the mags- (quite frequently) -there is obviously a 'business'related connection.

Mix business with athletics??and you open an entirely different can of worms when it comes to certifications and such.business creates an entirely different relationship between athlete/manufacture/certifier and products...or at least outwardly so.

Not that i believe anything quite so nefarious is occurring...but with the sudden wave of publicity it could be perceived that way by sceptics.And with the gripboard clamoring for video and more pics the air is thick with various questions.

On a catalogue related issue:

I finally had a chance to read the NEW Iron Mind Catalogue.A young man with very little experience goes to the Rolling Thunder nationals after less than a year of training>he is shorter and lighter and has smaller hands than all of his competition..He then crushes some well respected,well known and experienced favorites and he gets ONE line in the catalogue.The winner??(and i am a fan of Odd Haugen)who has also tons of experience(and also has had tons of pics in M I L O and previous catalogues) gets a full page color pic and another small pic plus a nice write up....i wonder what would have happened if the 'new guy'...not part of the club....had won?I guess its not 'newsworthy' when a smaller and relatively young phenom.shows up and does so well?Naaahh!If someone came in after a year of training and benched 750lbs raw or some such similar event...nobody would want to read about it would they?!

i am disappointed....not that the 'new kid'gives a rats ass.

There I said it...i feel a wee bit better....or is it bitter ;)

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Bill

I was/am going to take my video camera along as well,but i did say to the Holles that if they dont want me to take video or pics thats fine by me as i respect there privacy 1st and formost.

I did piont out that if they wanted to certify on some of the challenge bars that video would be needed as a requisite of the feat as well as me being the designated witness and supplier of the challenge bar/bars beforehand so everything is then above board so to speak,i also said that if they just wanted to

try the challenge bars for the sake of it with no cert/video etc then that is also fine by me as well.

I am happy to just go along and meet the guys as i have done in the past ,just for a chat and witness there awesome strength/grip feats and have also pionted out to them that if they like what i see/witness on the day will be between me and them/certain other included people or not or/the gripboard or not as i said above there privacy comes 1st.

I will leave it upto the LADS to decide what to do anything is fine by me,but bear in mind that if the Holle Brothers do decide to meet up with me again it will be on theres and my terms and will have to be worked around theres and my famillies and jobs,not to mention waiting for the cert bars/travel cost etc,its not just a matter of popping around the corner. :D

Gazza - I sure hope you can work everything out on getting the Holles on video doing some world class grip feats. It's alwasys fun to watch people do things the normal strength athlete cannot do. Not only that, but I always seem to learn something from watching them - maybe the way they turn their hands, hold their arms, set a gripper, who knows - anyway - good luck on the whole thing.