Master Of Grip Challenge

Dan Cenidoza

I would love to go if it wasn't 1346 miles away :(

They're LUCKY the contest is all the way across the continent! Or else the west coast would have to represent and bring home some trophies ;)

Okay, so the alcohol has gone to my head a little...

Clay I have to agree with you! West coast rules!! LOL! Maybe we should set up a contest with every region against the other. Would be alot of fun and maybe a killer BBQ, Maybe Heath will bring his last kill :laugh

Midwest would take it. Just Kidding. Thats a cool idea Austin it would be the worlds largest grip contest thats for sure.

So, is anybody interested in going to this contest?

If you don't want to post on here, feel free to PM me. I am dying to know if anybody is going from the board. I am really considering driving down from PA. That'd make it about a 9 hour trip.

Thanks,

-Napalm Jedd-

i hope everyone within earshot of this is gonna go, the grip world is gittin some acknowledgement here and would be a great time to meet each other and have a great time. anyone makein a long drive is more than welcome to stop by my house and crash for the nite before or after the competition.

Guest tim stallings

After talking to Dave tonight I have decided to change the close the gap for time to max weight with the #1. And I think I have talked Dave into do some demos of hand strength.

Max weight with the number one

I bet somebody could easily hit the 200 pound mark in this. Not necessarily me, but somebody.

-Jedd-

im not competein, but will be helpin judge.

i suggested the wieght liftinrather than a timed hold , liftin it from ground to a certain hiehgt . thought that would be different. and the #1 was used cuase wasnt sure if everyone would be able to even clsoe the #2. yoiu never know.

i hope several form the gripboard are able to compete. i think the gripboard could be well represented.

Max weight with the number one

I bet somebody could easily hit the 200 pound mark in this. Not necessarily me, but somebody.

-Jedd-

I don't think ANYONE will hit 100lbs.

I don't think ANYONE will hit 100lbs.

Seriously? Perhaps I spoke too soon.

I have not tried it, but personally I think strapholds with the number 1 are a joke. Well, I guess there is no sense in arguing it, but for a guy who can close the number 4 like Dave, 200 seems pretty reasonable to me. Of course, I was operating on the assumption that Dave was competing, but now I know he is not.

I guess I need to try stuff out before I make these assumptions. What's your best wt doing a #1 Strappy, Rob? You have a monster crush.

-Jedd-

I tried it tonight and was only able to get 25lbs with the #1 on a straphold using an old belt. I can close the #2 and am getting close on my PDA .270. I'm thinking that a #3 closer could probably do around 50lbs? Maybe less? If thats true then I think Rob is probably right about no one getting over 100lbs...

Edited by Incindium

I'm thinking that a #3 closer could probably do around 50lbs?

A three closer only doing 50 pounds on the one?? We just saw Heath do close to 50 pounds on a strappy with a three.

Don't forget guys...I am only talking about breaking it off the ground, fellas. I am not talking about doing a front lateral raise with it.

-Napalm-

I was actually thinking that it would need to be more than just breaking it off the ground but lifting it and holding it 6 or more inches off the ground... We'll have to see how they are actually judging it in the contest I guess. According to David Fralick I was only off 15-20lbs on my assessment but I guess it depend on how hard a 3 his is... I didn't see that video of Heath's... thats unreal. But he is damn close to a #4 closer which puts him in the top 10 in the world with the grippers or thereabouts.

Well, looks like this is one of those cases where we'll have to get off the Internet and actually try it rather than speculate :p

Clay,

Thanks for the insight. When the straps, and weights magically appear in the woods I've been hunting in for the last three days, I'll let you know how it turns out.

-Napalm Jedd-