Larsen Press Thread

Kluv#0

I wanted to share this set - My 3rd Bench session in 11 months-not that it is super strong but a tale of belief and having support by my closest family and friends. Couple of you know I had major surgery last June(please use sunscreen) on my left side in 4 different areas. I would never have thought 11 months later I would entertain the idea of continuing to bench and do anything significant with my left side. Have watched Tim Butler and Sephist doing awesome Larsen Press and decided to dust off the bench and be confident my left side will hold up. 

Please Post any Larsen Press vids. Enjoy and appreciate life to fullest- nothing is a certainty.

larsen and I.png

• Like 7

This A.M. Larsen Press Close Grip- 291 LB

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

This A.M. Larsen Press Close Grip- 291 LB

Nice! Strong benching looked like you had more in the tank too.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This A.M. 301 LB Larsen Press Close Grip. Very Thankful to many.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

This A.M. 301 LB Larsen Press Close Grip. Very Thankful to many.

Looking real strong, Michael! I didn’t know what a Larsen press was. I’ll give  em a try sometime.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JasonD said:

Looking real strong, Michael! I didn’t know what a Larsen press was. I’ll give  em a try sometime.

Champ, you would really enjoy these. Share your Larsen Press on the thread- it would be fun to watch as you have great bench press strength with form. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JasonD said:

Here ya go, Michael. 383lbs is at my limit.

Champ, those were very impressive lifts! Below is a perfect meme for you

bad mf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Champ, those were very impressive lifts! Below is a perfect meme for you

bad mf.jpg

Thanks buddy!🤣🤣 Not everyone agrees with you, though. I already got a thumbs down.😂

9 minutes ago, JasonD said:

Thanks buddy!🤣🤣 Not everyone agrees with you, though. I already got a thumbs down.😂

One constant on Youtube is the occasional hater, who lives in grandma's basement.

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

One constant on Youtube is the occasional hater, who lives in grandma's basement.

You just can't beat the grip strength of a guy who lives in grandmas basement though... 

• Haha 2

Super strong! So I’ve never tried this exact Variation but have done feet in the air benching many times which appears the same basically? No leg drive. I barely use any leg drive when my feet are on the floor anyway. 

the guy doing 383 on an axle is bonkers lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, king crusher said:

Super strong! So I’ve never tried this exact Variation but have done feet in the air benching many times which appears the same basically? No leg drive. I barely use any leg drive when my feet are on the floor anyway. 

the guy doing 383 on an axle is bonkers lol

You would do very well at this variation as you strong as an ox. Yes, the LP is essentially the same as feet up in air. I like it as it keeps me from trying to do too much- although I got pinned a week ago after a burnout set:(  From my brief experience it takes off about 15-20 lb from my max. Some can do about the same as max and others can do 10% higher depending on leg drive, stability issues, etc.

Yeah the man doing big work on larsen press is Jason Dingey- Great all-around gripster from Ohio.

• Like 4

Wrist Breaker Larsen Press 242 LB x 2 - Had not done wrist breakers in over a year but these felt pretty hard. Rogue 2.0 Bar

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Wrist Breaker Larsen Press 242 LB x 2 - Had not done wrist breakers in over a year but these felt pretty hard. Rogue 2.0 Bar

Looks brutal! Is there a benefit doing the wrist breaker variation, or are you just showing off?😛

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JasonD said:

Looks brutal! Is there a benefit doing the wrist breaker variation, or are you just showing off?😛

No doubt could be brutal but I was having fun prior to close grip work out. Benefit is mostly ulnar deviation and some medial triceps. Would I recommend? NO

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Close Grip Larsen Press PR - 305 LB Age 55 BWT 218 No wraps or Elbow sleeves. Did I mention I was on vacation? Yeah buddy

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Close Grip Larsen Press PR - 305 LB Age 55 BWT 218 No wraps or Elbow sleeves. Did I mention I was on vacation? Yeah buddy

Crazy strong!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Hell yea!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nice work

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 7:40 PM, Kluv#0 said:

that is f***ing impressive

also some advices from https://projectsports.nl/en/ could help you a lot with your diet and get u good lvl of muscles. 

may the power be with you!

Edited by Serpent
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Serpent said:

that is f***ing impressive

Thank You! I was proud of that press no doubt. A few ignore on purpose advanced age, BWT, natural and Close grip but the vast majority understand.

• Like 1

Did some feet up benching yesterday. 

Here is my 246x3 close grip all reps long paused

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Did some feet up benching yesterday. 

Here is my 246x3 close grip all reps long paused

Strong pressing KC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1