Grip Machines

austinslater

What has been your experience with the various grip machines? Im looking for one to help with my weak sweep and Im curious if any of you have tried any of the cheaper ones like the squeezer 2 or the hardy handshake. What is the best grip machine for the grippers no matter what the cost and what is a good affordable one? Thanks Guys-Austin Slater

I have built a few grip machines and one was the secrete weapon. I haven't used it much because it hurts like hell but when I did results were notceable. I have heard the Ivanko Super Gripper is good for working the sweep.

If price isn't an issue the Gripinator. If you haven't already, go to the website and read all they have about the machine. The options that this machine has makes it without a doubt the best when it comes to closing grippers. There is also a nice review that Wanna did.

-HH

I simply wouldn't buy it just because that guy who is in the picture with it. That is simply a disgrace. Suprised he doesn't have elbow sleeves, and a belt on doing that. ;p Nice gloves bud.

You guys make me laugh!! :laugh

I do recommend the NYB machine for NEWBIES just getting their feet wet into grip training - AND PLEASE IGNORE THE GUY IN THE PIC... HE IS A MODEL AND THAT'S ALL.

If you're more advanced - one machine - THE G-REX. It has it all.

gerryg,

Where are you at NOW when it comes to the grippers? What gripper can you close and what is your current grip routine?

It may tell me which machine is best for you. ;)

I am kind of new to the grip world!I own the CofC Trainer,#1,#2,and the snowball!I work out with the grippers 2 days a week and train forearms 1 day a week!I do the farmers walk when I train forearms!As of today I can not do a full close with the CofC#2 !

Then get the G-Rex.

Yeah, it a bit more costly than some other machines... but well worth it IMHO. :D

Edited by Sybersnott

The best part I like about the G-Rex is the fact you can use your own bodyweight! :)

I was on mine today and using just my BW alone... I was doing reps. Great machine!!

• 5 years later...

You guys think that the beefbuilder grip machine can be transformed into a g-rex. Like by welding "gripper handles" to it?

You guys think that a beefbuilder grip machine can be transformed into a g-rex, like by welding some handles for gripping?

You guys think that the beefbuilder grip machine can be transformed into a g-rex. Like by welding "gripper handles" to it?

You guys think that a beefbuilder grip machine can be transformed into a g-rex, like by welding some handles for gripping?

Why not just buy the G-Rex from Richard Sorrin? :blink

Great machine and he sponsors the GB. :)

This is my thinking anyway. ;)

Don't take another grip machine and try to transform it into another. That's kinda like taking a Yugo and trying to make it into a Rolls Royce! ;)

If you want something like the G-Rex... then get the G-Rex. SYBERSNOTT HAS SPOKEN!!! :D

You guys make me laugh!! :laugh

I do recommend the NYB machine for NEWBIES just getting their feet wet into grip training - AND PLEASE IGNORE THE GUY IN THE PIC... HE IS A MODEL AND THAT'S ALL.

If you're more advanced - one machine - THE G-REX. It has it all.

I actuallly emailed them and the owner said most grip guys look like this after 4 to 6 weeks of using their machine. The gloves are so you don't bruse your hands wile going heavy (30#) and are extra but the moustash grows right in as your grip strenght increases . He sugested 30lbs for reps of 8 to 10, 3 times a week.

Rico ;)

Hey Sybersnott or anyone,If you had $100 to spend would you buy the NYB machine or the IM Hardy Handshake?

Call Warren Tetting, as he builds the Beefbuilder machine and would probably save you some money in the process. Very knowledgeable, interesting and a kind gentlemen as well.