A test of strength, endurance and cardiovascular fitness. Who want to give it a go?

king crusher

So being I have a pair of 90lb powerblock dumbbells I decided to try the following:

incline bench, five reps, all reps paused on the chest all the way from 10 to 90lbs back to 10lbs in 10 pound increments, as fast as I could. 

Got all 17 sets in under 8:30 minutes. 

the most brutal for me was after I got the 90x5 and started coming back down. 

give it a go!

• Like 4

Very nice work and concept KC! I just tried variation of this and it was challenging. I went 10lb, 20LB,40LB,50LB, 90LB x2 sets, 80LB x2sets , 70LB, 60LB, 50LB, 40LB, 20LB, 10LB 14 sets in less than 7 minutes(almost felt my age) - no 30LB DB and forgot to do 2 sets of 60LB on way down. No fixed DB above 50LB so had to change plates on way down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Very nice work and concept KC! I just tried variation of this and it was challenging. I went 10lb, 20LB,40LB,50LB, 90LB x2 sets, 80LB x2sets , 70LB, 60LB, 50LB, 40LB, 20LB, 10LB 14 sets in less than 7 minutes(almost felt my age) - no 30LB DB and forgot to do 2 sets of 60LB on way down. No fixed DB above 50LB so had to change plates on way down. 

All that and changing plates in less than 7min? Did you do singles? Seems not possible in that time to change plates on a loadable db. The powerblocks are ultra fast to change and I took no rest and as the video shows was probably 8:20ish total. 

14 minutes ago, king crusher said:

All that and changing plates in less than 7min? Did you do singles? Seems not possible in that time to change plates on a loadable db. The powerblocks are ultra fast to change and I took no rest and as the video shows was probably 8:20ish total. 

Singles? LOl. No, I have been strong on bench for 40 years. It was hard but nothing like sprinting, etc

7 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Singles? LOl. No, I have been strong on bench for 40 years. It was hard but nothing like sprinting, etc

I just don’t think it was done in 7min. Just not possible. I went nearly  non stop and switching weight on powerblocks takes 3 seconds and it took over 8min. You would have had to somehow change a bunch of plates and grab multiple pairs of fixed dumbbells. Video it next time, might be suprised on the time. 

1 minute ago, king crusher said:

I just don’t think it was done in 7min. Just not possible. I went nearly  non stop and switching weight on powerblocks takes 3 seconds and it took over 8min. You would have had to somehow change a bunch of plates and grab multiple pairs of fixed dumbbells. Video it next time, might be suprised on the time. 

• Like 1

Awesome work. Not as many plate switches as I imagined and I guess the fixed dumbbells were super close by so that made up for some time. I timed my 17 sets at 8:18. But with pauses that’s an extra 85 seconds of time for the deep pauses. But you’re like a decade older so we’re even ha. You are always up for a challenge I recall!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Awesome work. Not as many plate switches as I imagined and I guess the fixed dumbbells were super close by so that made up for some time. I timed my 17 sets at 8:18. But with pauses that’s an extra 85 seconds of time for the deep pauses. But you’re like a decade older so we’re even ha. You are always up for a challenge I recall!!

Your workout was strong and unique - Thanks for sharing. I love the intensity and brevity(big word for me) of the workout. Despite age difference you still got me! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Your workout was strong and unique - Thanks for sharing. I love the intensity and brevity(big word for me) of the workout. Despite age difference you still got me! 

Not a word you see every day or year ha. Thanks you too

• Like 2