Does anyone else seem to break things? Objects not bones

Blacksmith513

I'm always breaking stuff. Yesterday I broke a newish sledgehammer. Last year I was doing yard work... I make raking leaves an exercise.. I have it on camera or did. I broke a new rake in half from raking so hard and hit myself in the face, i almost impaled my neck with the split handle in the process.... I grabbed our old rake and snapped that in half a minute later (that one  the handle was little weak).  I actually do have some finesse but i'm just a bull in a china shop like my family says.   My mom says I should wear a helmet and face mask all the time.

There are plenty of people here twice as strong as me... So I was wondering if its common for guys like us to break things.

Not sure if this counts because technically it was above the "safe working load", but I destroyed a pair of bolt cutters a little while back 😂

919862B6-A938-4771-A116-765AE0DBAFD0_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.3656bf18ebdd2b460acad0b550ef36db.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Not sure if this counts because technically it was above the "safe working load", but I destroyed a pair of bolt cutters a little while back 😂

919862B6-A938-4771-A116-765AE0DBAFD0_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.3656bf18ebdd2b460acad0b550ef36db.jpeg

That’s the kinda stuff I’m talking about.

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I'm always breaking stuff. Yesterday I broke a newish sledgehammer. Last year I was doing yard work... I make raking leaves an exercise.. I have it on camera or did. I broke a new rake in half from raking so hard and hit myself in the face, i almost impaled my neck with the split handle in the process.... I grabbed our old rake and snapped that in half a minute later (that one  the handle was little weak).  I actually do have some finesse but i'm just a bull in a china shop like my family says.   My mom says I should wear a helmet and face mask all the time.

There are plenty of people here twice as strong as me... So I was wondering if its common for guys like us to break things.

I once closed my door my tapping it with my big toe and I kicked a foot long crack in it.

I also broke this toilet roll holder that was made out of solid steel I literally pulled the thing off the wall and snapped the metal plate behind it in half.

This should not have been humanly possible but I did it somehow.

Edited by DevilErik
I hate making mistakes
  • Like 1

Yes, because I was too lazy to grab my large cutters and tried to use these on wire too thick. I also think this just illustrates tools are weak and not that I'm strong, can't even close a 2.5 so these cutters must have had a 110 to 115 RGC, weak. 

20201223_102236.jpg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Yes, because I was too lazy to grab my large cutters and tried to use these on wire too thick. I also think this just illustrates tools are weak and not that I'm strong, can't even close a 2.5 so these cutters must have had a 110 to 115 RGC, weak. 

20201223_102236.jpg

Maybe @Cannon can rate your wirecutters next time.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

20201223_102236.jpg

Yes. My sledge hammer is a Husky. Lifetime warranty, it’s going back tomorrow. If they try to refuse to swap it out I’ll kindly remind them, I know of a place the handle would fit perfect.

the tools they make are all junk. 

• Like 1

Yeah, every so often. Broke a hammer last month trying to pull a nail with it. The head of the hammer detached from the handle.

In regards to tools. Nope. I always buy high quality tools (well, almost always). So I don't have that problem. One of the worst things I know is to be without useful tools. When we talk about breaking things, I can break stuff in anger if I don't have tools to do a job I want to do. It can really drive me crazy.

Training grippers has actually helped me a few times when working with stuff. Where I didn't have the right tools I could use a plier instead to hold on to something really hard. I remember removing a transformer once, which was screwed on using lock-tite. I didn't have the right socket, grip strength was really useful then, I had to use all the grip power I had to remove it.

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

Yeah, every so often. Broke a hammer last month trying to pull a nail with it. The head of the hammer detached from the handle.

Doesn't surprise me.... I've seen you use the wrist developer...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Doesn't surprise me.... I've seen you use the wrist developer...

Haha. Usually tools from Sweden are ridiculously strong but this hammer was pure garbage. The handle was made of a thin pipe that attached to the head of the hammer. The nail I was trying to pull got stuck. All I did was add a little bodyweight and that was enough for the hammer to snap.

• Like 1