Will slaps Chris - real or stunt?

AdamTGlass

Sorry mods I wished we still had goerner reborn But If it was real than it was a real display of character strength & power lol. personally I think it was a stunt 

• Like 1

I thought it was first. But I think it was real. There's a chance it was a PR stunt tho, I think they know each other. But my bet is that it was real, I also think the fact they know each other was the reason he did it. Doubt he would have done it to someone he didn't know at all.

• Like 1

I think it was staged. Cmon they are both actors..

Still its  double standard, staged or real. I don't like or dislike violence, sometimes people need to punched. BUT if it was a different actor who hit Chris Rock, it would be a way bigger deal.

I think I have proof that it's real, evidence is The Longest Yard from 2005. In this fantastic film Chris Rock plays an inmate in a Texas prison where the wardon applies a 1 to 5 star rating for violence, and his character only had half a star. Clearly, someone with only half a star rating would be likely to take a hit and perform no further action. 

I affirm this statement to be true, and that I am a laywer, a doctor, a state senator, and a boxing coach. 

Totally staged. Event was sponsored by Pfizer and they are marketing a drug for alopecia. Plus fairest also ever

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Totally staged. Event was sponsored by Pfizer and they are marketing a drug for alopecia. Plus fairest also ever

That's an interesting take.  Hadn't thought of it.  It strikes me as a little too tangential to have been done with marketing in mind, but who knows.

My take is much more basic:

Will Smith initially laughed at the joke, but Jada did not look happy.  Will realized she will eventually see the laugh, and decided being over-the-top on her side is the only way out of her getting mad at him.  So he does the slap and shout, and now he can tell her he was just laughing at Rock all along and then once the meaning of that last joke hit him, he, well, hit back.

The "Pfizer staged it to make money" angle is too conspiratorial for me.  Too many people would have to be involved, resulting payoff is not obvious enough, they could buy ad time for less than these actors would have to be paid; I just don't buy it.  The simpler explanation is more likely to be right, and that is that he was saving face with his wife, who he felt was hurt by the comment.

But I also don't care lol.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

That's an interesting take.  Hadn't thought of it.  It strikes me as a little too tangential to have been done with marketing in mind, but who knows.

Will Smith initially laughed at the joke, but Jada did not look happy.  Will realized she will eventually see the laugh, and decided being over-the-top on her side is the only way out of her getting mad at him.  So he does the slap and shout, and now he can tell her he was just laughing at Rock all along and then once the meaning of that last joke hit him, he, well, hit back.

The "Pfizer staged it to make money" angle is too conspiratorial for me.  Too many people would have to be involved, resulting payoff is not obvious enough, they could buy ad time for less than these actors would have to be paid; I just don't buy it.  The simpler explanation is more likely to be right, and that is that he was saving face with his wife, who he felt was hurt by the comment.

Yep, the initial reaction from Will makes no sense if it was staged. He would not have laughed if it was scripted. 

The Pfizer conspiracy theory is just too good to be true :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jedd Johnson said:

This. They are already interviewing locals with alopecia on my “local” news. Owned by the fake media itself. Plus Chris probably needed a boost in sales for his tour.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I don't care in the slightest about celebrities' business.  All I'll say is make a big enough threat or promise to people and getting cooperation is pretty easy, Vinmeister.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

This. They are already interviewing locals with alopecia on my “local” news. Owned by the fake media itself. Plus Chris probably needed a boost in sales for his tour.

More great points, and there are many more to list. Too many for time i have available.  

• Like 1