David Shamey DESTROYS the MashMonster Level 8 Gripper!

Bill Piche

Just now, Wannagrip said:

Go to the MashMonster forum and read the pinned posts. It is all there.

Thanks for answering my question!

1 hour ago, Joe Sullivan said:

There is no one even close to the way David closes grippers  right now. David’s closes are very far ahead of anyone I’ve seen without a doubt. I’m very impressed.

How about Carl? 😁  He posted the close of new gen RGC 209 CoC #4 from CCS today on instagram 🙃

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, slazbob said:

I’m guessing your ccs rgc is around 205?

My CCS is very bad) So far I've only done 194

1 hour ago, Wannagrip said:

Well, David sent me a better video and I put the idea of re-judging the left to the judges and given this level it was deemed appropriate for a re-judging.

3 whites!

Excellent news

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

How about Carl? 😁 He posted the close of new gen RGC 209 CoC #4 from CCS today on instagram 🙃

Carl is definitely stronger, starting from 30mm, everything that is already mine)

• Like 2

I think there's a case to be made for carl, He parallel closed a 220 rated Tetting

13 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I don’t see things anywhere but here or you tube. Don’t have social media besides these 2 things. And I would still say David is has their lead  because he’s not nearly 7 feet tall and 350 some odd pounds. 

Here's Carl's 209 CCS. let me know if the link works.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVFlm0CgikBiNcbOhwaQlmbXnsLuMNBTJgSx6A0/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 hours ago, SeNoLD said:

My CCS is very bad) So far I've only done 194

Grip humor.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

It’s good to be modest

I can't figure out how to normal say "narrower than 30mm" in English, I meant it, not "already"))

33 minutes ago, slazbob said:

His account is private so it just takes you to his page

Damn, I tried 🤷‍♂️

Probably the strongest rated close anyone's ever done on camera

We are watching the best to touch grippers.   Thankfully there is excellent documentation so there are no doubts about what we are seeing. 

• Like 4

David is the best I have seen. Also, has great gripper swag prior to smashing. Only 24 years old!! Big Carl is awesome, Igor, Nikita, Tanner and Ivan C. Is only 19 and weighs under 200 lbs!! Great time to watch these titans. Grippers are awesome -don’t let any egomaniac’s tell you otherwise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I agree, David has shown he is the best especially with all those reps! Outstanding!

No doubt! Plus, he certed the 8 with his off -hand. I think the highest off-hand close prior to King David was a MM3.  Crazy strength 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bearcat 74 said:

We are watching the best to touch grippers.   Thankfully there is excellent documentation so there are no doubts about what we are seeing. 

For sure! There are several people on the edge to close an IM #4 with a cc set!

8 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yup... no ones even close IMO and may not be for a long time.

This. I had said this awhile back about David and got scoffed at by a few people on this forum. :)Now, who has demonstrated on camera BOTH hands at this level?  With a certification and judging as well?  Honest question here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

This. I had said this awhile back about David and got scoffed at by a few people on this forum. :)Now, who has demonstrated on camera BOTH hands at this level?  With a certification and judging as well?  Honest question here.

I really enjoy watching David's closes, and, having judged many of them, I have been lucky enough often to be among the first to see them.  He is clearly the best mash monster active now.  I have also watched Carl Myerscough do some amazing CCS closes on Instagram.  I haven't seen Carl do MM stuff, and maybe he is not interested, but his are the best CCS closes I have ever seen.  Both of those two are going to be doing some amazing gripper closes in the next year or so.  Not saying no one else will -- people sometimes show up and amaze right away, like Stephen Anderson, and who knows if he jumps back into the race or someone like him appears from thin air or Ivan Cuk surges, it is all good.  Competition at the top is awesome to watch.

• Like 1

Just now, Vinnie said:

He is clearly the best mash monster active now.

(or ever, to date)

On 10/16/2021 at 1:00 PM, Wannagrip said:

Looks like we will have the FIRST attempt at LEVEL 9!  He will then sit at the top of the MashMonster pyramid. 

Well done David! You deserve it. 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2021 at 12:00 PM, Wannagrip said:

Looks like we will have the FIRST attempt at LEVEL 9!  He will then sit at the top of the MashMonster pyramid. 

Insane grip strength. One can only dream of achieving this level at some point