David Shamey DESTROYS the MashMonster Level 8 Gripper!

Bill Piche

Looks like we will have the FIRST attempt at LEVEL 9!  He will then sit at the top of the MashMonster pyramid. 

• Like 25

Man, he could close that in his sleep. Still just looks like a semi-difficult working set, quite far from a max attempt. MM9 is a given, maybe that one is when it starts looking difficult for him. Keep it up David! 💪

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

Looks like we will have the FIRST attempt at LEVEL 9!  He will then sit at the top of the MashMonster pyramid. 

Why didn't you count the left hand close? David closed better than Morgan on the right.

• Like 5

Congrats David, you are amazing. 8-9 reps total in less 3 minutes is superhuman.

• Like 4

Amazing yet not surprising. He Smashed it out of the ballpark and for 7 reps! The 9 will be a cakewalk. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ivan Tikhonov said:

Why didn't you count the left hand close? David closed better than Morgan on the right.

The judges could not see the handles clearly enough touching. It was two reds to one white.

• Sad 1

I smell an MM9 cert. Insane display of crushing grip. I still think he should have gotten the left hand close it was clear as day, especially if you freeze frame and zoom in.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Looks like we will have the FIRST attempt at LEVEL 9!

Didn't Stephen Anderson attempt 9?  But we will likely see the first cert on it ...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Didn't Stephen Anderson attempt 9?  But we will likely see the first cert on it ...

I actually thought he took two cracks at it. 

• Like 1

Without any doubts! There are just one question - how many reps will be MM9 close, both left and right. And that's it.

• Like 3

I know it’s the rules for the MM ladder…but if you’re already at the top of the ladder, making you show how you got up there is such a waste of time IMO. 

we already know David can mm close no.4’s so the drama they’re trying to create is meh. 

Great display of strength, David.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I know it’s the rules for the MM ladder…but if you’re already at the top of the ladder, making you show how you got up there is such a waste of time IMO.

we already know David can mm close no.4’s so the drama they’re trying to create is meh.

Great display of strength, David.

It's late about that, there's just a little bit left)

5 minutes ago, SeNoLD said:

It's late about that, there's just a little bit left)

Yeah, it is … I think it’s designed to follow someone’s progress and climb with them…but, it misses the mark for guys that are steps ahead/ like yourself- a whole ladder ahead!

I would assume the mm9 is around 210 rgc. Do you have any grippers in that range, David?

6 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Yeah, it is … I think it’s designed to follow someone’s progress and climb with them…but, it misses the mark for guys that are steps ahead/ like yourself- a whole ladder ahead!

I would assume the mm9 is around 210 rgc. Do you have any grippers in that range, David?

There is GHP9 on 207, I closing it for a couple of times

• Like 1

Insane strength. 

And thats definitely a close with the left. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lennix said:

Insane strength. 

And thats definitely a close with the left. 

I just watched it on a 55” and I would confirm that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I just watched it on a 55” and I would confirm that. Also, there is so much oil running down the handles! That could ruin an attempt.

Well, David sent me a better video and I put the idea of re-judging the left to the judges and given this level it was deemed appropriate for a re-judging.

3 whites! 

• Like 18

How does this Mashmonster ladder thing work I am  interested.

This guy is an absolute monster.

Edited by DevilErik

16 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

How does this Mashmonster ladder thing work I am  interested.

This guy is an absolute monster.

Go to the MashMonster forum and read the pinned posts. It is all there.

• Like 1