Worlds Strongest Bencher Vs Handdynamo

Fist of Fury

13 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

No thumb assistance at all either, he had more in the tank

Yes I noticed that as well. Very impressive result considering that.

Anyone know what the thing they're squeezing is called? Also, has anyone on here tried it and what were the numbers? 

8 hours ago, stranger said:

Anyone know what the thing they're squeezing is called? Also, has anyone on here tried it and what were the numbers? 

Looks like a basline dynamometer. Goes up to 300 lbs. Very few can max it out. 110+ kg is a very good result. Most people can't do anywhere near 100 kg on those. If you do 100 kg you're ususally a COC#3 closer. Above 110 kg and you should have the strength to learn how to close a #3.5 or close to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Watched last night. As I tuned in I was hoping the grip-off would be a bit more in depth, given Larry’s prior grip exploits.

but yeah, based off the little we’ve now seen, Julius’ grip is pretty stout it seems. His crush anyways. There are only a few handfuls I can think of that can beat his baseline numbers. Which really isn’t bad, even for his size, assuming he doesn’t directly train his grip.

id like to see what he could put up on the axle. Always curious about that number when the big lifters show any interest in grip.

on a side note, I’m fairly certain he won’t break any grip records, or embarrass any vetted grip guy. Not hating.. just calling it how I see it.

the flip side to that coin is his bench numbers far exceed any of ours to the point that he also can’t really be clowned on when any of us out-do him on grip stuff.

basically what I’m getting at is- I doubt there is anyone that has ever existed that can outperform his grip strength by a larger margin than he can outperform theirs on bench.

• Like 2

Im pretty sure he would be good at thumbless deadlift, considering he didn't use his thumb and did 111.8 kg on the baseline dynamo. That's some good finger strength.

But who knows, his off hand was lagging a lot. Always hard to predict how good anyone is going to be in grip when the difference between the events can be so big. Grip is really peculiar in that way. Someone can be great at one thing and bad at another.

On 8/10/2021 at 10:13 PM, stranger said:

On 8/11/2021 at 6:18 AM, Fist of Fury said:

Looks like a basline dynamometer. Goes up to 300 lbs. Very few can max it out. 110+ kg is a very good result. Most people can't do anywhere near 100 kg on those. If you do 100 kg you're ususally a COC#3 closer. Above 110 kg and you should have the strength to learn how to close a #3.5 or close to it.

Yes, Baseline dynamometer -- we contested this exact implement at Gripmas 2020.  Chez got 280 (127kg).  He is a solid 3.5 closer and has closed easy 4s.  I got 242 (110kg) and am a solid 3 closer, can't quite close an easy 3.5 but not too far off.

But what Tommy says about the fact that this guy does this without training grip, and is far ahead of any of us on what he DOES train, is spot on:  Crush is pretty much all I do, and I'm a kilo short of him on the dyno without him even caring about it.  And I can't even bench the number I close on this implement, while this guy can bench more than triple what he can close on it.  WHOA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Yes, Baseline dynamometer -- we contested this exact implement at Gripmas 2020.  Chez got 280 (127kg).  He is a solid 3.5 closer and has closed easy 4s.  I got 242 (110kg) and am a solid 3 closer, can't quite close an easy 3.5 but not too far off.

But what Tommy says about the fact that this guy does this without training grip, and is far ahead of any of us on what he DOES train, is spot on:  Crush is pretty much all I do, and I'm a kilo short of him on the dyno without him even caring about it.  And I can't even bench the number I close on this implement, while this guy can bench more than triple what he can close on it.  WHOA.

110 kg is solid Vinnie. I tried the 200 lbs version once, you can read the dial futher than that and make a rough estimate. I got around 100 kg on it but I was almost dead when I tried, very bad day. Also I didn't like how it felt at all. I very much prefer the Silarukov dynamometer over the baseline. I think it feels better. I've done 115.7 kg on that one. It feels way better in my hand.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 6:38 PM, stranger said:

He attempted 790 and just missed. Around 36:50 in the video

https://youtu.be/AAtElxG4g8M

Man it was moving good, too! Looks like the bar just came out of its usual path for him and drifted towards his head on the way up. Had that not happened I do think he’d have nailed it.

If he gets the 800 in the meet coming up I will not be surprised.

4 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Man it was moving good, too! Looks like the bar just came out of its usual path for him and drifted towards his head on the way up. Had that not happened I do think he’d have nailed it.

If he gets the 800 in the meet coming up I will not be surprised.

I thought it was pretty sloppy.  Bounced, hips came off, etc. Yeah, I know it's crazy weight blah blah blah.  I don't view that as a close attempt by any means. And, he should be leaving it for the meets not burning out and maxing in the gym like that for freaking Instagram or YouTube.

14 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

I thought it was pretty sloppy.  Bounced, hips came off, etc. Yeah, I know it's crazy weight blah blah blah.  I don't view that as a close attempt by any means. And, he should be leaving it for the meets not burning out and maxing in the gym like that for freaking Instagram or YouTube.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I mean, he's the strongest bencher in the world for a reason. I don't think he would do anything stupid just to impress people on social media.

If he makes attempts in training it's for sure in his training plan.

3 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I mean, he's the strongest bencher in the world for a reason. I don't think he would do anything stupid just to impress people on social media.

If he makes attempts in training it's for sure in his training plan.

Making all out attempts in training like that is not smart IMO.  Can burn yourself out.

1 hour ago, Wannagrip said:

Making all out attempts in training like that is not smart IMO.  Can burn yourself out.

There many ways to train. He has the WR so he knows how to train. I don't think he would do anything he doesn't believe in just to show off. If he did he would never perform good in competition. And we know for a fact that he does perform good in competition.

(also, something un-related to the topic. There's seems to be problems using the Opera webrowser on this site since the update, I don't know why. It just freezes when I hit the "Submit Reply" button. I've tried to clean all history but it keeps being a problem. Firefox seems to work fine tho, so far.)

8 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

There many ways to train. He has the WR so he knows how to train. I don't think he would do anything he doesn't believe in just to show off. If he did he would never perform good in competition. And we know for a fact that he does perform good in competition.

(also, something un-related to the topic. There's seems to be problems using the Opera webrowser on this site since the update, I don't know why. It just freezes when I hit the "Submit Reply" button. I've tried to clean all history but it keeps being a problem. Firefox seems to work fine tho, so far.)

What is your operating system and platform you use (PC, tablet, etc.)

5 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

What is your operating system and platform you use (PC, tablet, etc.)

PC Windows 10.

13 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

I used to not be a big fan of Julius due to his loose (loose per the rules) bench technique. But I admit.. after watching his content over the last year or so it’s kind of hard to not like the guy. Not at all suggesting that “liking” him means he should get any passes on form.. because I too would like to see less of the sunken bar chest bounce/pop thing he does at the bottom.

and for a long time, comparing his WR to kirills was a problem for me. I was unwilling to recognize him as the legit raw bench WR holder initially. because I did, and still do feel like kirill showed much more control of the weight at 738 than Julius did back when he had just broke kirills record. And that was simply due to julius’ sloppy pause/pop technique. My thoughts at the time were “if Kirill ran the same game, he’d have done 775+!

but!…. Julius has so far surpassed kirills number, even with his not so appealing technique, that there is no question at this point that he is indeed the strongest bencher who has ever lived.

that said, I still would like to see him smash 800, and I would also love to see it done as strict as Kirill did 738.

but like I said above. Even tho I’m not a fan of his technique, Julius has sort of grown on me a bit. And as an adder, it’s hard not to root for the American! Personally, I’m ecstatic that the bench record is back in America, where I feel it belongs. And Julius seems like a great guy.

as for his lifting at 99% in the weeks leading up to the meet?.. I have no educated comments on that, since I have still never officially done a power meet, or even a bench only meet. But I do tend to agree.. seems like that risky tactic could lead to an early retirement. But then again…. He is the strongest bench presser to ever exist. And they say “if you want results you’ve never had, you have to do things you’ve never done before to get there.”

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 6:12 PM, Fist of Fury said:

PC Windows 10.

Can you tell me what the exact version of Opera you were using that had the issue? 

2 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Can you tell me what the exact version of Opera you were using that had the issue? 

It says: 78.0.4093.147

On 8/15/2021 at 9:20 PM, Tommy J. said:

I used to not be a big fan of Julius due to his loose (loose per the rules) bench technique. But I admit.. after watching his content over the last year or so it’s kind of hard to not like the guy. Not at all suggesting that “liking” him means he should get any passes on form.. because I too would like to see less of the sunken bar chest bounce/pop thing he does at the bottom.

and for a long time, comparing his WR to kirills was a problem for me. I was unwilling to recognize him as the legit raw bench WR holder initially. because I did, and still do feel like kirill showed much more control of the weight at 738 than Julius did back when he had just broke kirills record. And that was simply due to julius’ sloppy pause/pop technique. My thoughts at the time were “if Kirill ran the same game, he’d have done 775+!

but!…. Julius has so far surpassed kirills number, even with his not so appealing technique, that there is no question at this point that he is indeed the strongest bencher who has ever lived.

that said, I still would like to see him smash 800, and I would also love to see it done as strict as Kirill did 738.

but like I said above. Even tho I’m not a fan of his technique, Julius has sort of grown on me a bit. And as an adder, it’s hard not to root for the American! Personally, I’m ecstatic that the bench record is back in America, where I feel it belongs. And Julius seems like a great guy.

as for his lifting at 99% in the weeks leading up to the meet?.. I have no educated comments on that, since I have still never officially done a power meet, or even a bench only meet. But I do tend to agree.. seems like that risky tactic could lead to an early retirement. But then again…. He is the strongest bench presser to ever exist. And they say “if you want results you’ve never had, you have to do things you’ve never done before to get there.”

Krill definitely has better form but if you watch his and Julius' WR's Krills are almost touch and got while Julius' are definitely paused. I know this really isn't on the athletes themselves, more in the judges. I just thought it was interesting. Also, Julius has more 'fluff' than Krill so that's probably why his sink into him more. Now, let's see 800! 

2 hours ago, stranger said:

Krill definitely has better form but if you watch his and Julius' WR's Krills are almost touch and got while Julius' are definitely paused. I know this really isn't on the athletes themselves, more in the judges. I just thought it was interesting. Also, Julius has more 'fluff' than Krill so that's probably why his sink into him more. Now, let's see 800! 

None of them are lifting with a ridiculous arch so both of them are "good" in my book.

Before you were not allowed to lift from the stomach. Just from the chest. Now you can apparently do it from the stomach since they have removed that rule I've been told. Which is ridiculous, we all know why, just so the archers can still compete. Since many of them are not actually pressing the bar from their chest because of the arch they have.

• Like 1

You guys talking about about maddox and kirills benches. Dont forget about Iranian Danial zamani. He has just done 766lb. He seems to be gaining strength fast as well. He could hit 800lbs. 

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

You guys talking about about maddox and kirills benches. Dont forget about Iranian Danial zamani. He has just done 766lb. He seems to be gaining strength fast as well. He could hit 800lbs. 

That guy's insane! It's just weird he's never put up numbers close to what he's doing now in a contest. I hope he's not faking. (It doesn't look like he it but I'm just saying)  we haven't seen anyone go from geared lifting to taking the world record raw since Vlad did it with the squat when he did 500kg. (Now 525kg)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stranger said:

Respectfully disagree on Julius’ style being harder. If it didn’t make his pressing easier he wouldn’t be doing it. Plus, he doesn’t do it nearly to that degree with lesser weight. Kirill demonstrated better control at 738 than any 700+ bencher ever has. It appeared that it wasn’t even a max, and that he likely could have doubled it in the same strict fashion.

but!… I do agree with you that it’s not on the athletes in this case. The refs get the ultimate say. I don’t feel that julius’ style is “cheating” necessarily.. it is sloppy tho.