Where To Buy Blobs

porkbone

Here are direct links to York dealer listings, organized by state. If your state isn't listed, it's because York doesn't have any listing on their website.

Alabama

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Nebraska

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

Wisconsin

Caveat Emptor

Make sure you call the places before you go. Some carry York products, but not cast dumbells. Also, I've found some of the phone numbers either don't work at all, or are private homes.

• 2 months later...

PDA offers a loadable blob that is hollow and weighs 6 lbs. It is the size of a York 50 lb blob, and can be loaded with leadshot up to as much as 68 lbs.

• 2 months later...

Thanks with that I found a dealer VERY close to wear I live. The funny thing is I was supposed to go there because someone at GNC told me to get a bodyfat caliper there because they didnt carry any. I put off going there for about four months too!

The two links on Yorks' site are different. Scratch this post.

Edited by ianders1

Buy them from me. I scored a bunch of them, and it seems like you can't find them anywhere anymore - at least not like this. Email: Sybersnott@yahoo.com

I guess the best bet is too find a gym that still has them and try talking the owner into some selling or trading. These things are rare and I want one.

I think really good idea would be too just have York cast blobs rather than actual db's. I wonder what they would think about this. I know I would buy one.

The York foundry is shut down; no more Blobs from them period.

Atomic Athletic has some interesting ideas in the works though... :yikes stay tuned

I've been wanting one of those and I do think that it's a better training tool, but there's something satisfying about having the real thing.

I was in York this past week. The few dumbells they had left were by the register. The largest were 90lbs(grabbed one of them), I think the next highest was 70lb.

That saddens me that no more will ever be made. Anyone with a spare 45 or 50 for sale, please PM me.

Thanks

I sure hope someone starts producing something close to the old blobs that are no longer available. I have confidence Atomic Atletic will come through with something though.

Filled with lead shot assuming conservative 85% fill efficiency (due to granularity and the nozzle) the Blobette 50 would nominally weigh 68 pounds. A Blob 68 would be the equivalent of a York 140 with the 100 dimensions. We haven't heard of anyone working with those yet.

Hmmm, I think John from PDA might want to update this page. :rock

68 pounds. Safe until Wade Gillingham tries.

• 3 weeks later...
I sure hope someone starts producing something close to the old blobs that are no longer available. I have confidence Atomic Atletic will come through with something though.

Stay tuned......

It is only begining. ;)

Rick Walker :rock