1st Annual My Corona Virtual Powerlifting Meet

Mike Rinderle

Anyone interested in a lil fun?

Rules:  Not many

One day this week, just do all 3 lifts in one day and post up a video of your best lifts in each the squat, bench, and DL.  All just for fun and to challenge ourselves.  

Other than that, no rules.  If you like to lift multiply, do it.  Raw? Do it.  Sleeves or wraps allowed?  Yes.

Pants of some sort are required.

I'm going to give it a go tomorrow or Wednesday. 

I encourage those who have never done a PL meet to give it a try.  It's a different challenge maxing on all 3 in the same day.  Just have fun!

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

I’m going to have to do floor or overhead press but sure.

That works!

As for the press rules:  paused or touch n go? Answer: yes.  Whatever you want to do works.  Floor press, raw bench, shirt, slingshot, board press.   Whatever makes you the happiest or that you can pull off with your home gym.  The COVID Federation has the loosest rules out there.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

Sounds like a fun idea, even if the timing doesn't work for me personally. Gonna be a lot of COVID world records set at this meet!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Sounds like a fun idea, even if the timing doesn't work for me personally. Gonna be a lot of COVID world records set at this meet!

World Records Galore!

Great idea. with no rules I am going to try this to get my numbers up

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Great idea. with no rules I am going to try this to get my numbers up

He's wearing pants... three whites!

• Haha 2

Deadlift rules:  straps, suit, raw, sumo, conventional... yes

Okay, I've taken a look at my programming for this week and decided I'll do this in lieu of Strongman Saturday. I'm going to do an honor system 3 attempts in order. I'll record all 3 attempts and post them, even if they're hilarious.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

Okay, I've taken a look at my programming for this week and decided I'll do this in lieu of Strongman Saturday. I'm going to do an honor system 3 attempts in order. I'll record all 3 attempts and post them, even if they're hilarious.

Looking forward to seeing it!

Going to have to do this Saturday.  Tried this morning and just can't squat with a straight bar anymore.   Stretched shoulders for 2 days.  Warmed up and stretched again this morning.  Barely got under the bar in the highest of high bar squats.  Final warmup with 365 and something tweaked pretty good in my shoulder, which caused me to jerk and pitch forward.  This put me basically in a good morning against the rack.  On a positive note, with enough adrenaline, I can good morning 365.  Lol.

I will try again this weekend with SSB.  Maybe I'll box squat.  After all, everything goes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Going to have to do this Saturday.  Tried this morning and just can't squat with a straight bar anymore.   Stretched shoulders for 2 days.  Warmed up and stretched again this morning.  Barely got under the bar in the highest of high bar squats.  Final warmup with 365 and something tweaked pretty good in my shoulder, which caused me to jerk and pitch forward.  This put me basically in a good morning against the rack.  On a positive note, with enough adrenaline, I can good morning 365.  Lol.

I will try again this weekend with SSB.  Maybe I'll box squat.  After all, everything goes.

Video or it didn't happen lol

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Video or it didn't happen lol

Wish I had taped it.  Lol

• Like 1

So i gave this a go today.

Squat 300

Bench 250

Deadlift 370

Seated Press 165

i recorded it but it got weird when I went to up load it. I can’t really record in my space to begin with, there isn’t enough room, but it cropped the video a lot more. You can see like my knee in one scene and my elbow in another. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Squat 300

Bench 250

Deadlift 370

Seated Press 165

i recorded it but it got weird when I went to up load it. I can’t really record in my space to begin with, there isn’t enough room, but it cropped the video a lot more. You can see like my knee in one scene and my elbow in another. 🤷‍♂️

Haha!  Awesome job man!  Those are solid numbers.  What are you weighing these days?

26 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Those are Freedom units not kilos. 😔 I weigh  215.

Dude, those are solid numbers.  Especially the bench!

• Like 1

Safety squat 400

Axle clean and jerk 190 (missed 210, would have been a 5 pound axle PR)

Deadlift 520

Fun challenge! Looks like I need some more plates for the deadlift. I ran out of space and threw some platemates on for the PR. 

EDIT: Let’s assume I’m aware of the following: unsure on squat depth; rack dangerously unstable. 

Edited by Tom Flesher
  • Like 5

Strong!  I'm 2/3 through.  Time to pull.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Squat 300

Bench 250

Deadlift 370

Seated Press 165

Instagram crops everything to a square. It’s not ideal for this unless you compose the video specifically for the ‘gram. 

On 4/13/2020 at 11:51 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

He's wearing pants... three whites!

Be a bad time to get stuck under the bar LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was planning on going 400/300/500. 

Right knee felt a little weird on SSB Squats so I stopped after my first attempt at 385.  It wasn't easy anyway, so who knows if 400 would have gone.  Wore knee sleeves and belt.

Put those same 2xl knee sleeves on my elbows and hit 300 with a slight pause on bench.  Felt like I had a few more pounds in me.

Then loaded up 515 and smoked it pretty easy.  Thought about doing 565 to hit a 1250 total, but I was pretty pooped by then and my wife had lunch ready so it was a pretty easy choice to stop there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tom Flesher said:

Safety squat 400

Axle clean and jerk 190 (missed 210, would have been a 5 pound axle PR)

Deadlift 520

Fun challenge! Looks like I need some more plates for the deadlift. I ran out of space and threw some platemates on for the PR. 

EDIT: Let’s assume I’m aware of the following: unsure on squat depth; rack dangerously unstable. 

BTW, You've got the SSB turned the wrong way if that's the new Titan V2.  Wording should face you.  Much harder the way you're doing them.  Even more impressive! 

You definitely looked like you had a lot more in you on the PR deadlift too!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1