The lock down lifting video thread.

king crusher

15 hours ago, king crusher said:

90's for 20 paused off the ground romainian deadlift. Still too easy. Emailed rogue arming when they will finally have stock. Said I'm watching multiple sites to see who gets stock first lol

My new westside tshirt was too badass not to get though!

Strong shirt game.  I use that quote a lot.  I have another one I use at work when the young bench and curl employees see the bent horseshoe on my desk and say you just don't look that strong.  I always reply with Louie's quote, "Big muscles are big.  Strong muscles are strong."  Haha

• Like 4

oops. Posted in the wrong thread 

Edited by Chez

Some of the best Rona home workout vids:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was able to nab a pair of 55lb bumpers from Fringe a couple of weeks ago and broke them in today. 440 safety squat here, felt like more in the tank but I’m a lazy man who doesn’t reach for the brass ring so I didn’t go any higher.

Not quite sure I made depth on this but it hurt just the same coming up.

Squat rack currently held down by sandbags for the illusion of safety.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

I was able to nab a pair of 55lb bumpers from Fringe a couple of weeks ago and broke them in today. 440 safety squat here, felt like more in the tank but I’m a lazy man who doesn’t reach for the brass ring so I didn’t go any higher.

I told ya so!  That was smooth! The fact that you could do 400 the hard way was amazing to me.  You're going to be at 500 by Fall!  Awesome stuff Tom!  Really great squat!

I'm extremely jelly

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom Flesher said:

That flew up! How does squatting on a ssb compare to a standard bar? I've never used a ssb.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, king crusher said:

That flew up! How does squatting on a ssb compare to a standard bar? I've never used a ssb.

Tries to pitch you forward.  Really helps build strength in all the muscles surrounding the thoracic spine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

It's a lot more comfortable for me due to some shoulder mobility issues. I'm always working on them but squatting using the safety bar takes some stress off. Mike is right about it leaning you forward - I definitely feel it in my core more than with traditional squats. Like my axle, it's gotten a ton of use even though I was worried about buying a unitasker bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tom Flesher said:

It's a lot more comfortable for me due to some shoulder mobility issues. I'm always working on them but squatting using the safety bar takes some stress off. Mike is right about it leaning you forward - I definitely feel it in my core more than with traditional squats. Like my axle, it's gotten a ton of use even though I was worried about buying a unitasker bar.

Definitely WAY easier on the shoulders.  I have used my SSB for:

Squats, box squats, good mornings, upper back good mornings, and JM presses.  A lot of guys use them for front squats too, but I haven't given that a go yet.  Then there's always the original exercise they were made for: The Hatfield Squat (or as we on the gripboard like to call 'em: The Joe Kinney Special).

5 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Definitely WAY easier on the shoulders.  I have used my SSB for:

Squats, box squats, good mornings, upper back good mornings, and JM presses.  A lot of guys use them for front squats too, but I haven't given that a go yet.  Then there's always the original exercise they were made for: The Hatfield Squat (or as we on the gripboard like to call 'em: The Joe Kinney Special).

Yeah never tried the Hatfield version!

I'm not really sure where I should be posting videos on this board but this place looks as good as any.  I've been actually training a bit more grip these days, having equipment at home and the weather finally warming up has me out in the garage messing around a lot more.

Here I added about 10 pounds to a 144lb Peter Wright anvil and lifted it by the horn.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_0ofNcgHhX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 2

565 deadlift today (straps, top single without was 535 which was a PR for about five minutes) and 195 overhead press yesterday. Also hit 92 on the circus dumbbell (no real hope of hitting 150 for my contest August 1 but it never hurts to get stronger)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

565 deadlift today (straps, top single without was 535 which was a PR for about five minutes) and 195 overhead press yesterday. Also hit 92 on the circus dumbbell (no real hope of hitting 150 for my contest August 1 but it never hurts to get stronger)

Congrats on that 565!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tom Flesher said:

Big pull Tom!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The 4 yo and I did some farmer's carries in the back yard of sand and despair. Slightly uphill.  I got 500 and the boy got 42 lbs on his first ever try!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2