Greatest Overall Pinch of All Time?

Bill Piche

The best pinch feat ever was done by Chad Woodall in my book (double Deep Dish York Pinch Farmers walk). So Chad would  be my choice. 

Wade's Blob would record lift of 81.5lbs is also unmatched to date. Laine or Brian may be able to beat this, but we don't know, and they haven't yet. 

Kody's 3x20kg stuff was also mindblogging. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

The best pinch feat ever was done by Chad Woodall in my book (double Deep Dish York Pinch Farmers walk). So Chad would  be my choice. 

Wade's Blob would record lift of 81.5lbs is also unmatched to date. Laine or Brian may be able to beat this, but we don't know, and they haven't yet. 

Kody's 3x20kg stuff was also mindblogging. 

Totally forgot about Chads farming with the two old york 45s. That is something else and changes my views. I wonder what can Chad do to the 2 hand euro pinch now. But Kody long hold of the 25s plate is up there too.

As for the blob doing smaller blob with added weights is like doing less barbell press with added reps. The biggest, baddest blobs/wide pinch arw by those two.

Richard Sorin is up there for me also in his prime he did some pretty ridiculous pinch feats heck even at 12 years old he has most guys beat. 

Another guy not mentioned is Harri Tolonen who will pretty soon have both of the ironmind pinch world records.(in the hub and blockbuster pinch). He is only getting started also. 

13 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Richard Sorin is up there for me also in his prime he did some pretty ridiculous pinch feats heck even at 12 years old he has most guys beat. 

Another guy not mentioned is Harri Tolonen who will pretty soon have both of the ironmind pinch world records.(in the hub and blockbuster pinch). He is only getting started also. 

I mentioned him and definitely he is crazy strong in the pinch both blockbuster and hub (he was so close to getting 46kg hub at worlds both myself and Jesse were cringing, he trained like a mad man for it). I think Harri is maybe #1 in the sport full stop only I have no idea what his two hands pinch etc Horne, jedd, kody etc obviously we know are great at all kinds of pinch. My 2 cents anyway, there all beasts.

• Like 1

Next topic soon - " Best supporting grip of alltime". And next - " Best vertical grip of alltime"

Edited by Kashtan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Already have a few thickbar guys in mind. Especially in regards to bw. And 1 for vertical grip as well.

Aww shucks.  Thanks Tommy.  But I'm not best at everything.  Top 5 maybe...

🤤

53 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Next topic soon - " Best supporting grip of alltime". And next - " Best vertical grip of alltime"

The Best Stub Lift of All Time

I nominate Rindo, since he trains stub everyday rain or shine, or rhabdo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Already have a few thickbar guys in mind. Especially in regards to bw. And 1 for vertical grip as well.

Good one.  I have a few in mind too for the vertical grip.  Some "old" names like Dave Thornton, Theo Burggraaff, Adam Glass, and Ryan Klein on the 1" vbar.  Definitely more of them on "my" list.  Also some great 2" vbar guys.  Adam Glass springs immediately to mind for both lists though. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

The Best Stub Lift of All Time

I nominate Rindo, since he trains stub everyday rain or shine, or rhabdo.

I didn't choose the stub life.  The stub life chose me.  😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, bencrush said:

Good one.  I have a few in mind too for the vertical grip.  Some "old" names like Dave Thornton, Theo Burggraaff, Adam Glass, and Ryan Klein on the 1" vbar.  Definitely more of them on "my" list.  Also some great 2" vbar guys.  Adam Glass springs immediately to mind for both lists though. 

You are one of the all-time greats on the V-bar buddy.  Were always my inspiration. 

• Thanks 1

Oh, Chad Woodall could certainly be added to top 2 or 3 overall greatest pinch as well.  Can't believe I left him off.  Great at narrow and wide.  But I think Jedd would still have to be #1 by a smidge.

1. Jedd

2. Chad

3. Kody

Edited by Mike Rinderle

If Jedd and Chad had a pinch comp testing eg the Euro as well as wide plate pinching there is not much to suggest that Jedd would come out victorious. Having said that Jedd is, I believe, considerably lighter.

12 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

If Jedd and Chad had a pinch comp testing eg the Euro as well as wide plate pinching there is not much to suggest that Jedd would come out victorious. Having said that Jedd is, I believe, considerably lighter.

I agree. Jedd is my close friend and I will always root for him. But Chad was always better than everyone in the comps in general. But one thing about Jedd is he can do wow things in the unexpected moments. Chances can go both way, but I give it to Chad this one. But I do believe (my pinion guys) that if Laine Snook trains his two hand pinch he will snatch the WR too.

40 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Other than the fact that the last time they competed against each other, Jedd beat Chad and set the WR on the Euro 2hp.  Jedd has also done every wide pinch feat that Chad has done, with smaller (it's all relative) hands.  Plus, the sheer body of pinch work is greater for Jedd.  But like I said, I only give it to him by a smidge.  Mostly because Chad really doesn't compete much.  Neither would be a bad choice.

28 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

But I do believe (my pinion guys) that if Laine Snook trains his two hand pinch he will snatch the WR too.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.  😜

The potential is definitely there, however, if we're going on potential then we can all say Shaw and shut down the thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.  😜

The potential is definitely there, however, if we're going on potential then we can all say Shaw and shut down the thread. 

Well that's true. But there is no a real if here. Laine got the same weight as Jedd on the flask which he used it the first time. But couldn't lock it, but was so close. In a pinch contest, I'll give the upper hand to Laine overall.

28 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Well that's true. But there is no a real if here. Laine got the same weight as Jedd on the flask which he used it the first time. But couldn't lock it, but was so close. In a pinch contest, I'll give the upper hand to Laine overall.

What's his best 2hp?

28 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Other than the fact that the last time they competed against each other, Jedd beat Chad and set the WR on the Euro 2hp.  Jedd has also done every wide pinch feat that Chad has done, with smaller (it's all relative) hands.  Plus, the sheer body of pinch work is greater for Jedd.  But like I said, I only give it to him by a smidge.  Mostly because Chad really doesn't compete much.  Neither would be a bad choice.

Not sure if Jedd has "smaller" Hands than Chad (a bit shorter hands only). Jedd has a good span and longs thumbs which helps with wide objects. Jedd also did not a farmers walk with the DD Yorks as far as I know. I think that even RSorin stated that this was the best pinch feat he has ever seen. Jedd and Chad are for sure very close pinch strength wise. It seems to me a bit disrespectful to Chad to state that "there is not much to suggest that Jedd would come out victorious". They would be worthy opponents in a pinch battle. 

11 minutes ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Not sure if Jedd has "smaller" Hands than Chad (a bit shorter hands only). Jedd has a good span and longs thumbs which helps with wide objects. Jedd also did not a farmers walk with the DD Yorks as far as I know. I think that even RSorin stated that this was the best pinch feat he has ever seen. Jedd and Chad are for sure very close pinch strength wise. It seems to me a bit disrespectful to Chad to state that "there is not much to suggest that Jedd would come out victorious". They would be worthy opponents in a pinch battle. 

Agreed.  I'd pay money to see that epic battle.  

42 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

What's his best 2hp?

I mentioned it in the other topic. We were in the gym. Me, Jedd and Laine. We did the flask. Now Jedd is a two hand pinch record holder for a while. Top of his game. We did heavy grip training and then the flask. We kept on adding weights. I reached 86KG then was the 91KG. If memory serves me right, Laine got it to little above his knees and while Jedd either got it to lock out or I really think close to lock out and it fell out of his hands. So in that day, if there was a pinch contest, I've given Laine the upper hands in the total lift as he was way better than us in everything pinch related.

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My prediction is based on a few observation. Jedd has not improved his 2HP Euro numbers in competition since 2011 or thereabout. In fact it has gone down a bit, possibly because he is lighter now and focusing more on other grip aspects. After Jedd posted his video of him finally pulling two wide york plates (an extremely impressive feat btw) Chad posted a video of him completely dominating wide yorks by doing a farmers walk with them. He was also indicating he had done some very heavy 2HP pulls on the Euro. I am inclined to believe him. At the end of the day we are all speculating. Pound-for-pound its a no contest though as no one is even remotely close to Kody. His 124kg 2HP in the 93k class is absolutely insane as is his 40-seconds (or whatever it was) hold with two 25kg plates AFTER the competition.

Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 8:06 AM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Jedd himself has said thay if Chad trained on the Euro he would be the first to 300lbs in a very short time. 

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Nedd himself has said thay if Chad trained on the Euro he would be the first to 300lbs in a very short time. 

Thanks for your comment. Jedd's opinion means a lot here.