Greatest Overall Pinch of All Time?

Bill Piche

10 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I know you have been involved with grip for over a decade and wanted to know your overall choice

Man it's really hard to choose between the two. It's just so different. In my place me, Jedd and Laine did the flask. This was after Laine was kicking us in the wide pinch with a biiig margin (Jedd repping the fatman blob with two fingers and I cleaning the blob with two fingers). If memory serves me right, I went to 86Kg flask. Jedd and Laine both went to 91KG. But Laine couldn't lock the weight and Jedd did (Laine was his first time doing the flask though). So Although Laine was miles ahead from us on the wide pinch. But on the narrow Jedd was better. Based on this I'd pick Laine as overall and heck even Jedd himself said in his grip radio that he's pick Laine Snook as the best grip on the planet one handed (because of his back problem thus affecting his axle) and Jedd met many people over over the planet. As for Kody watch his 2 25KG plate hold. Just crazy. No one in the world came close. And two hand pinch WR with ease.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 2

Kody asked me to help him with his Euro (obviously a while ago).  I coached as he went from around 200# on the Euro to over 250# in about an hour - most amazing thing I've ever seen so Kody from narrow to middle width.  He of course went on to be the WR holder on the Euro.  I think Laine may be the best wide pincher - but I have to give Jedd the nod if we include everything from narrow to super wide.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Kody asked me to help him with his Euro (obviously a while ago).  I coached as he went from around 200# on the Euro to over 250# in about an hour - most amazing thing I've ever seen so Kody from narrow to middle width.  He of course went on to be the WR holder on the Euro.  I think Laine may be the best wide pincher - but I have to give Jedd the nod if we include everything from narrow to super wide.

Thanks for your perspective Chris! You definitely a great pincher and gripster along with being a superb pinch whisperer

• Like 1

Jedd for all around pinching power .

Kody is unreal in  the thinner pinch areana

gotta throw Bob sundin in the mix as well

• Like 2

In no particular order:

• Narrow:
    • Kody
    • Jedd
    • Bob Sundin
    • David Horne
  • Wide:
    • Jedd
    • Laine
    • Wade Gillingham
    • Shaw
  • OVERALL: Jedd

Jedd is near the top in both categories.  He excels at everything from the most narrow key pinch to the widest block weights out there.   He's the only one i have in my top 4 for both categories, so pretty easy choice.

I would like to say that Bob Sundin gets my vote as the person that does the most with the least (absolutely no offense meant - Bob is pretty much my pinch hero).  As Chris said, he's in the geezer club, low bodyweight, normal sized hands, and not a particularly strong guy overall.  But he worked his tail off in order to be one of the best plate pinchers in the world (not to mention lifting the Inch).  I think at one point he also had the best 2HP compared to bodyweight in the world. 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3

I think most people have covered the wide and narrow best pinchers very well.  I would like to say that Aaron Corcarran is the best hub lifter of all time.  Those videos of him, cleaning and mid-air transferring are epic.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jchapman said:

I think most people have covered the wide and narrow best pinchers very well.  I would like to say that Aaron Corcarran is the best hub lifter of all time.  Those videos of him, cleaning and mid-air transferring are epic.

Epic is an understatement.  He had quite the 2HP as well; with both the Euro and a Saxon bar.

• Like 2

Obviously off-topic:) My top 4 Key pinchers(Gripsport) ever 1. David Horne 2. Juha Gripmonster 3. Jerome Bloom 4. Jouni Mahonen

To me, super wide and also super narrow and small stuff like the hub doesn't interest me as a sport because of the hand size factor. For feat of strength sure it's interesting but I don't care for it as a sport. Adjustable pinch apparatus is the only thing I care about.

13 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Obviously off-topic:) My top 4 Key pinchers(Gripsport) ever 1. David Horne 2. Juha Gripmonster 3. Jerome Bloom 4. Jouni Mahonen

So what do you mean by that I though you were the best key-pincher? :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

So what do you mean by that I though you were the best key-pincher? :D

Iam really good at 2 hand key pinch(when I was in top form) although a monster of a man- Jakko can do a few lbs more. If I can get the WR at the Finnish ball next May I might sneak into top 5, LOL  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Iam really good at 2 hand key pinch(when I was in top form) although a monster of a man- Jakko can do a few lbs more. If I can get the WR at the Finnish ball next May I might sneak into top 5, LOL  

So half penny and stub is way harder for you then? It's funny how specific grip training is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

So half penny and stub is way harder for you then? It's funny how specific grip training is.

Yes, 2 hand key pinch a lot of chest crush and lat activation is pivotal vs. 1 hand. I agree grip training is specific as anything I have ever encountered

40 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

To me, super wide and also super narrow and small stuff like the hub doesn't interest me as a sport because of the hand size factor. For feat of strength sure it's interesting but I don't care for it as a sport. Adjustable pinch apparatus is the only thing I care about.

So you don't care about the flask?

34 minutes ago, jchapman said:

So you don't care about the flask?

For grip sport I only care about adjustable picnh devices as I said. For feats of strength I care about everything.

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks for your perspective Chris! You definitely a great pincher and gripster along with being a superb pinch whisperer

Speaking of which - how is your Euro pinch coming along?

Edited by climber511

Bob for sure. 2 55s, 2 Weider 50s (harder than 2 55s), and a Fatman with I believe 2 fingers. Really low body weight, 7 5/8" hands. Runner up Kody. 

I think for something like this it's easier to think about what feats the person has NOT done yet, and then compare.

Taking that into account, I'd have to go with Jedd on this.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Speaking of which - how is your Euro pinch coming along?

The 2 HP of flask is going great. Every time I do a pinch workout(20 total lifetime and counting) another PR!! I will always appreciate your time/expertise . Heck, usually I do pinch now at start of a workout which 6 weeks ago was unimaginable!! I do have a Euro(bought it from a local guy last year) but when I brought it home and compared to other Euros via Google- this one looked like it was in a sewer for years so I passed on using it.

Don’t know much about plate pinching but I’ve seen videos of Napalm and Juha Harju plate pinching some impressive numbers.  Napalm and Harju in no order.

11 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

The 2 HP of flask is going great. Every time I do a pinch workout(20 total lifetime and counting) another PR!! I will always appreciate your time/expertise . Heck, usually I do pinch now at start of a workout which 6 weeks ago was unimaginable!! I do have a Euro(bought it from a local guy last year) but when I brought it home and compared to other Euros via Google- this one looked like it was in a sewer for years so I passed on using it.

Send me some pictures of it (close ups too).  Steel can be refinished pretty easily.  Both sides of the plates.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Send me some pictures of it (close ups too).  Steel can be refinished pretty easily.

Just sent a couple of pics

David Horne obviously huge two hand / euro pinch and as far as I'm aware biggest Saxon pinch at over 300lb, also done most plate and hub, plate pinch and blob feats. Otherwise, kody, Jedd, Thomas Larsen, definitely Harri, Jesse and arto are all awesome pinchers. Wade Gillingham, laine snook, Brian shaw, there's a lot but I'd say David overall for sure.

42 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I have to start doing that. I do pinch last, if at all! Haha. Gotta work what I hate..... and maybe all else will EXPLODE!!!!