Inch Loadable Globe Dumbbell

OldGuy

I'd really like to see that training program for the Inch. KTA vol. III??

John,

Thanks for answering my post, can't wait to read your training program!!!

---------------------------------

"Live long, stay strong" - C.F.B.

I guess 3crushers remark was sorta aimed at me-I am one of those who owns a replica and has not yet lifted it-indeed making it an expensive doorstop. But-I also own a #4 and have not closed it, I have about 3000 pounds of plates and cannot lift that much, have an anvil that I cannot yet lift by the horn, etc. The list goes on.

I just am one of those people who believe if you want to reach a feat of strength, you had better have the tools. I use my famers walks about once a month-yet I still forked over the $$ for them because someday I will use them on a weekly basis. I have a #4 because someday I will make a go at it. I have an Inch because someday I will lift it. I owned a Blob 2 or 3 months before I could ever lift it.

I just cant see spending that kind of money for a training tool. It costs more than the feat you are training for-which doesnt make sense.

There are other ways to replicate progressive resistance. I use my power cage and mini jump stretch bands. I attach one to each loading pin in the cage and the other end on each side of the handle so the bands are overlapped onto the globe and dont get in the way of my hands. This deloads the bell off the floor and as I hoist it, it gets heavier and heavier. It does not stop the rotational forces at all. Each week I try to lower the pins 1 hole. Eventually-the bell is going to rise.

My guess is this training method will get me to the actual deadlift of the Inch in the same time frame a loadable Inch would. It will all come in due time. Plus-the cage cost me $200 and the bell about $350-making it a little cheaper than the Atomic Athletic one.

No disrespect to Atomic-I am sure they make quality stuff. I just dont have the $$ to buy it all-

Rick Walker :rock

What the heck is so funny?  Roger LaPointe at Atomic Athletic is a good guy, and delivers what he says he is going to deliver.  Delivering something as promised and when promised without getting "a la carted" to death is rare in the world of weight equipment.  Anybody here who has purchased any of his products will vouch for the high quality of the products he offers.  His Inch loadable dumbbell may seem a bit on the expensive side, but remember, you get what you pay for.  When you step back, look at the big picture, and see what you are getting, it is reasonably priced.  I have seen one of Atomic Athletic's loadable dumbbells, and it is a work of art, on top of being a very useful piece of equipment.  How many here have Inch replicas, have trained many months on them, and yet can't lift them, no matter what training methodologies are employed?  Here is a training tool that allows the trainee to utilize progressive resistance in order to improve, instead of trying other methods like stopping the rotation of the dumbbell by putting the non lifting hand on the dumbbell, etcetera.  Think about it.  Now you can spend your hard earned bucks on something that is actually useful, rather than something that will be an expensive doorstopper for most.  By the way, "that lady" is Dr. Ken Leistner's wife for those who are curious.

I guess I missed this. What's so funny? The price. I thought I was being a bit ridiculous myself shelling out what I did for my Inch although I viewed it as a collectors piece and figured my son will likely have a better shot at it than me. So, in the end it is really for him, not me. Same with my 50lb blob right now.

There was no slam on Atomic anywhere.

It was a "how far do we go" as gripomanics laugh.

Next time I'll try and be more specific so negative interpretations don't result.

It's expensive, but it is a custom piece of equipment.

The Gripinator is expensive, but it is very complex and as close to custom as you will ever get, and it can be custom depending on options. I didn't have a problem paying what I did for the G. It was woth it.

If you're into thick bar and you're gunning for the Inch. It looks like a great tool, to get you there AND BEYOND. It is also a collectable and can be passed on, like the INCH, like the G, etc...

This is just some ramblings about the Inch and a traing device for it by sombody who is currently not training for it. :laugh

-HH

I also have to say, without any disrespect intended, that the price would deter me from getting it too.

Rick, that is a very intriguing training idea. I may have to see what I can rig up myself. Thanks for the inspiration. :bow