Inch Loadable Globe Dumbbell

OldGuy

I can't find it on the site. Can anyone else? I saw a picture of someone lifting it though...

That is more than a freakin' Inch replica!

Almost lost a chocolate protein drink right out the nose- :laugh

Rick Walker :rock

WoW!How could that be so expensive?

When jerry's site goes up you could buy a 2 3/8",solid 150#,a 2 3/8" solid 175#,and a 2 3/8" solid 200#(overloads for INCH lifters or your next step to the Mllenium or the BIGGER dumbell) for $575.........which i thought was a sorta high price?...well that price buys a lot of steels and some good work.I think their would be a 10% discount if all 4(150#,175,200#,235#) Thick bells were purchased.

They have some pics of the dumbells up on the site but the pics that are up? suck..... so they aren't opening up the site yet.

Here is a pic of the 200#'s and 210#'s that are at the gym we work out at...as you can see they actually get some use :blink

whoops,crap,,,,cant get the link up...well the site should be up soon...sorry.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

A little expensive maybe,but dont forget this is the 1st time that anyone has offered this type of D/BELL so you are paying for its unique ness and the R+D thats gone into it,plus anything Atomic makes is 1st class,i have an inch replica which like a lot of people have found out is just a paperweight until you can lift it,

the Atomic inch loadable will help you get the inch rep conquered,plus it will probably load up to be heavier than the inch,so maybe could even be used to hoist the millenium D/bell as well.

If i had the dosh i would order one without hesitation for its unique abilities,construction,and it is shure to be a collectors item.

What the heck is so funny? Roger LaPointe at Atomic Athletic is a good guy, and delivers what he says he is going to deliver. Delivering something as promised and when promised without getting "a la carted" to death is rare in the world of weight equipment. Anybody here who has purchased any of his products will vouch for the high quality of the products he offers. His Inch loadable dumbbell may seem a bit on the expensive side, but remember, you get what you pay for. When you step back, look at the big picture, and see what you are getting, it is reasonably priced. I have seen one of Atomic Athletic's loadable dumbbells, and it is a work of art, on top of being a very useful piece of equipment. How many here have Inch replicas, have trained many months on them, and yet can't lift them, no matter what training methodologies are employed? Here is a training tool that allows the trainee to utilize progressive resistance in order to improve, instead of trying other methods like stopping the rotation of the dumbbell by putting the non lifting hand on the dumbbell, etcetera. Think about it. Now you can spend your hard earned bucks on something that is actually useful, rather than something that will be an expensive doorstopper for most. By the way, "that lady" is Dr. Ken Leistner's wife for those who are curious.

If you go onto the Atomic Athletic site and go into the gallery you will see a picture of Pats shot loadable D/bell as well as the inch shot loadable,they look mighty fine to me!!!And remember also that there will have been alot more hand labour gone into these shot loaders as they have to be formed and shaped by a blacksmith so this adds to the cost,were as the inch replicas will be done mostly by Automative processes once the molds have been made.

If the dumbell is a custom item, you are probably going to save a lot by buying directly from a Blacksmith. You should be able to find a Blacksmith in your area through ABANA or one of its affiliates:

Artist Blacksmith Association of North America

As Steve pointed out the price is not unreasonable for a handmade item, but you might as well get your own shot loadable challenge dumbell made for less money.

Jerry said there IS a discount if all 4 are purchased together.

A 150,175,200,235(4 seperate 2 3/8"handled dumbells)will cost $750.Plus shipping.

These are solid steel,the handles are inserted approx. 1.5 inches inside the end of each dumbell.They are then welded together.

The edges are beveled so as to reduce damage to floor and won't cut into your legs as you lift it.

Like i said i thought the price of Jerry's dumbells were a little steep...but the INCH replica is what? $270 and the Millenium is over $550??

When the site is up I'll post the link.Some of the pics i've posted links for (here on the grip board) are up on the site and a lot more.most of the guys on the site are relative unknowns with good strength and grips....I guess people know that josh is for real now? ;) There are a few more lads up on the site that are interesting too.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

One point worth mentioning, is that at 40lbs. the Inch Globe loadable should be a lot less cost to ship than the much heavier versions are.

Roger is a good guy, and he makes, or has made for his company, fine products toward the end of making a living. No doubt he is making a profit, which is usually the reason for going into business.

Perhaps a point being missed here is that an Inch loadble will not have the factor of rotation. If it is filled, say half full, then the shot or sand etc will fall to the bottom half of the globes and thus negate the very problem found with the Inch- the rotation. Only when the globes are packed full with the rotation be factor.

No?

Only when the globes are packed full with the rotation be factor.

It has a weight capacity of 195 lbs. fully loaded, I would suspect rotation

happening if the globes` voids were fully loaded at this weight.

Since this DB has the capacityof 195, loading it to only 172 would leave an

open void in the globe, and maybe creating a settling of the 172 load as you

described. Questionable at best if the 172 load would rotate like an inch?

The plate loadable handle that I use for Inch lifts, definitely rotates. I use special collars to fix the plates in place. If I load the handle to around my limit or above, the rotation of the dumbbell is very pronounced.

Trust me. Even when not at full capacity, it still rotates.

Id say that its the best tool for training to deadlift the Inch bell available.

:) I recently bought an Inch Replica from Richard Sorin at Sorinex. Haven't lifted it yet, but am going to have a Grip Fest on Sunday the 24th. Trying to lift it will be one of the events. List price is $270 plus $95 shipping all the way to California comes to a total of $365--not too bad for a life time of fun. The replica by the way is 2.47" diameter bar and 172 lb. and lives up to my expectations. Richard was also extremely fast--got here in less than a week--highly recommended.

Clay, I'm going to post the contest events today somewhere on the Grip Board.

John,

When empty, therefore balanced, I understand the loadable would rotate.

But why would it rotate at half-full?

Have you tried it half full? I suspect you have it nearly full?

John,

Could you tell us how you train your thumbs, wrists, and forearms to lift the inch dumbbell? Use straps in your training? Any info would be great.

Thanks, :rock

-------------------------------

"Live long, stay strong" - C.F.B.