Time to hang it up. 165 lb woman deadlifts more than me

Mike Rinderle

I'm also assuming by the video she's got quite a bit more free testosterone than I have.  But still... wow.  Time to take up knitting. 

I give up

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

You have any extra knitting needles?  I think that's my next sport.

• Like 2

I think Jennifer Thompson is the most impressive lifter on the womens side. 144 kg bench press in the 63 kg class. Absolutely insane!

200 kg deadlift is very good for a woman but I've seen a lot of women lift more than that. There was a Swedish 16 year old girl who did 190 kg a few years ago, I believe it was in the 72 kg class. That is also pretty sick!

Everything raw of course.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I think Jennifer Thompson is the most impressive lifter on the womens side. 144 kg bench press in the 63 kg class. Absolutely insane!

200 kg deadlift is very good for a woman but I've seen a lot of women lift more than that. There was a Swedish 16 year old girl who did 190 kg a few years ago, I believe it was in the 72 kg class. That is also pretty sick!

Everything raw of course.

This is 260kg in the 75kg class.  Nuts!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

This is 260kg in the 75kg class.  Nuts!

Allright, I must have misread it :blush

Yes that is incredible. I'm not so impressed if it's not done clean though. But regardless it's a lot of weight.

• Like 1

There aren't a ton of dudes pulling almost 3.5 X bodyweight out there. That's pretty elite.

I mean, she's obviously got more than a bit of pharmaceutical enhancement, but that is massive weight for any person that size.

9 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

There aren't a ton of dudes pulling almost 3.5 X bodyweight out there. That's pretty elite.

I mean, she's obviously got more than a bit of pharmaceutical enhancement, but that is massive weight for any person that size.

To me bodyweight is irrelevant, I think it's better too look at wilks score to be honest.

260 kg is a good lift for anybody, any size but for an elite lifter I expect a little bit more if they use rocket fuel. I do think there are other females out there who could match this in this weight class, so we might see an even more extraordinary record in the coming years.

Incredible. I'm joining the knitting club.

I'm on instagram very regularly and it seems every girl/woman deadlifts over 500lb and every boy/man deadlifts over 700lb. The odd thing is I've been going to regular gyms(not powerlifting gyms) for over 25 years now and I've actually never seen ANYONE deadlift over 500lb in the flesh. I've met two or three that could, but never seen them do it live.

Also how is she just 75kg being so muscular? She must be tiny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royz said:

Incredible. I'm joining the knitting club.

I'm on instagram very regularly and it seems every girl/woman deadlifts over 500lb and every boy/man deadlifts over 700lb. The odd thing is I've been going to regular gyms(not powerlifting gyms) for over 25 years now and I've actually never seen ANYONE deadlift over 500lb in the flesh. I've met two or three that could, but never seen them do it live.

Also how is she just 75kg being so muscular? She must be tiny.

The reason you haven't seen it IRL is probably beacuse you don't train at a PL gym, because females who lift weigths like that are either competitive powerlifters or juiced up bodybuilders.

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

The reason you haven't seen it IRL is probably beacuse you don't train at a PL gym, because females who lift weigths like that are either competitive powerlifters or juiced up bodybuilders.

That's probably true.

What I meant is that people on instagram etc. often act as if it's 'normal' for a woman to pull over 500 en for a men to pull over 700/800. And if you just work hard it could be you pulling these numbers. When in fact every elite athlete (powerlifter or otherwise) is an outlier. Sure they work hard, eat right etc. and maybe they juice (or not), but not everybody can pull those numbers. 

I'm a fairly big guy at 6,3 and 230lb and have been seriously trying to get to 500lb for 8 years now (training with weights for 25 years). I'm very very close but still haven't pulled it (let's just forget about 700lb). So from experience I can say that certainly not everybody will have an easy time hitting those numbers.

50 minutes ago, Royz said:

That's probably true.

What I meant is that people on instagram etc. often act as if it's 'normal' for a woman to pull over 500 en for a men to pull over 700/800. And if you just work hard it could be you pulling these numbers. When in fact every elite athlete (powerlifter or otherwise) is an outlier. Sure they work hard, eat right etc. and maybe they juice (or not), but not everybody can pull those numbers. 

I'm a fairly big guy at 6,3 and 230lb and have been seriously trying to get to 500lb for 8 years now (training with weights for 25 years). I'm very very close but still haven't pulled it (let's just forget about 700lb). So from experience I can say that certainly not everybody will have an easy time hitting those numbers.

Yes I completely agree. That was my point, you don't see these kind of lifts in normal gyms and not by normal gym people.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm also assuming by the video she's got quite a bit more free testosterone than I have.  But still... wow.  Time to take up knitting. 

I give up

And she’s not a 300 pounder! Most girls deadlifting in that range that I’ve seen are HUGE! Good for her!

@Royz, that is not a 165 lb woman, nor a 3.5x bodyweight deadlift. This is a 180+ lb woman that competes in a 165 lb class. Not belittling this accomplishment, It's just a bit misleading because a lot of these articles talk about "weight class records" which aren't really relevant in this context. She'll have to mimic this lift after an aggressive 15 lb cut to take any records.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

@Royz, that is not a 165 lb woman, nor a 3.5x bodyweight deadlift. This is a 180+ lb woman that competes in a 165 lb class. Not belittling this accomplishment, It's just a bit misleading because a lot of these articles talk about "weight class records" which aren't really relevant in this context. She'll have to mimic this lift after an aggressive 15 lb cut to take any records.

At 165 or 180 , that’s a lot of weight for a female that small to pull. The extra 15 pounds won’t make much difference there IMO.