190 lb Thumbless 1 Hand Axle

Mike Rinderle

6 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Are you talking about hitch-hiker thumb, where the distal phalanx bends way back and almost goes to a T-shape?

ya, mine bends all the way to a T almost. I had no clue some people can't do that. 

19 hours ago, Chez said:

ya, mine bends all the way to a T almost. I had no clue some people can't do that. 

Mine barely bends at all.  My sisters, complete T-top.  Surely it's genetic.

12 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Mine barely bends at all.  My sisters, complete T-top.  Surely it's genetic.

I knew you were a mutant!

I'm sure hitchhiker thumb would be a huge advantage on Bull Ring Extensor lift.  Not sure when else it would come into play right off the bat.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 9:08 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

I think it has got something to do with these goofy backwards thumbs of mine.  Haha

20180327_112916.jpg

I got the same thing maybe worse. I think it's a sign of a strong stretch response and/or tendons. Probably radiates down the wrist too, a sign of general stretch/tendon/connective tissue strength. My fingers do it too, though much less. Your joints probably hurt more than your muscles from lifting/doing work, right? Makes you a tendon type of person rather than muscle, bone, vessel or skin type of person. Focus on the muscle belly rather than the joints when doing work and you should notice less joint strain and probably straighter joints.

• 2 weeks later...

Is all I'll say
Rich Williams left a trail of destruction in his wake at the Arnold: If it was a feat of grip strength that nobody had been able to do before, Rich smashed through the barrier. Here, he lifted the 202-lb. Circus Dumbbell, three-inch handle and all. IronMind® | Bert Sorin photo.

One of the best gripsters out there. Did the most number on the axle. Lifted the circus bell like nothing. But he has our thumb style lol. Training is the key.