goal - double bodyweight DO axle and bw Inch pull

Aaron Jacobs

Hi everyone,

I've had some struggles self-motivating to workout the past 5 years since I graduated college.  Working out alone in the garage, I grew accustomed to working out once every one or two weeks, just enough to maintain strength.  I dropped from 225lb. at my heaviest to my current weight of 180lb.  I lost a lot of strength.  I'm getting older; 37 years.  But my grip strength has barely weakened.  I'm writing this log to hold myself accountable.  

Video of a 423lb. pull, reverse grip deadlift on an axle I did today.  Bob People's style with a not so perfect posture.  My goal is a 525lb. conventional deadlift and a 350lb. double-overhand axle deadlift by the end of this year at 175lb.  My best lifts, all in training since I never competed, at 225lb., age 31 were 330lb. bench press, no pause; 545lb. conventional deadlift; 445 full squat; 550 half squat.  

• Like 3

Glad to see ya back and motivated again, Aaron!

I look forward to following your progress. 

Pinch and grippers today.  Pinched two 35s for a few singles, right & left hands.  A few closes with left and right hands on a IM 2.5.  A few singles on a 40lb. York side Fatman blob.  Pulled 303 on an IM axle a few weeks ago, but felt too burnt today for thick bar.  (axle + 3 45s each side.  Heard using smaller plates makes the lift easier).  Several 2 handed overhand & underhand lifts with no chalk on a 50lb. Fatman blob.  Another goal is to lift this Fatman.  I've lifted my 45lb. Fatman several years ago, but never the 50lb.