NEED TO FOCUS

Paul Markowski

At times, I think we all go on a tangent that is not what we need in order to focus on closing a particular gripper.  We all have to focus on one path....close that gripper!!!  No room to divert and go on a new road....no need to distract from what we need to accomplish that goal! Just do it!!  Go for it.  Personally, I want to close the 8mm Frankenstein Gripper at 1.75" from the spring....that is it!  I have to focus on that goal alone....I need not worry about closing the Monster Hunter 4-star or doing holds with the Joe Kinney Little Monster gripper.  I need to FOCUS on the one goal that will lead to the accomplishment of other goals.  Like a ladder....we need to climb that ladder one step (goal) at a time.

• Like 2

I usually focus on a long term goal but knock out little goals along the way which relate to that goal. For example, while training for the COC #3.5 certification I knocked out MM1-MM6 certifications since building up a strong MMS close trickles down to a stronger CCS close. Its how I keep motivated since the long term goal could take a very long time.  

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Paul Markowski said:

At times, I think we all go on a tangent that is not what we need in order to focus on closing a particular gripper.  We all have to focus on one path....close that gripper!!!  No room to divert and go on a new road....no need to distract from what we need to accomplish that goal! Just do it!!  Go for it.  Personally, I want to close the 8mm Frankenstein Gripper at 1.75" from the spring....that is it!  I have to focus on that goal alone....I need not worry about closing the Monster Hunter 4-star or doing holds with the Joe Kinney Little Monster gripper.  I need to FOCUS on the one goal that will lead to the accomplishment of other goals.  Like a ladder....we need to climb that ladder one step (goal) at a time.

I think to accomplish any grip goal, you need to concentrate on the strength components that are required - and if I chose to close a certain gripper, the first thing I would do is bury  the gripper in the garden - that way it wouldn't distract me and I could focus my attention on what really mattered - getting stronger.  And when I eventually went into the garden with my shovel I'd be ready - because all I'd concentrated on was getting stronger, and if you're strong enough - you can close the gripper.  Sometimes, the goal is the biggest distraction!

Laine

• Like 4