Tendonitis Log

Fist of Fury

On 9/8/2022 at 2:16 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Did not get the bolts I ordered, the "seller" decided to not send them and keep my money. So now I don't have anything to bend and no money.

Will work with the WD only. Kinda don't have any motivation to train at all, my health is extremely poor, I get sick very easily. Only thing I can keep my strength at seems to be reverse bending. I lose in everything else. Can barely close the #2.5 gripper, even if I'm fresh in my hands. Just a matter of time before I can't close it at all anymore. I don't know what has happen to my right hand, it's completely dead. I know it has to do with DO bending but it can't be the only reason. It's very strange, I've lost almost all strength I have in it. Left hand is much stronger.
I can barely do 10 push-ups without feeling rally bad Did use my bike for a month this summer when my car broke down. This nearly killed me and I of course I got sick immediately.

Did some work with the wrist developer today. Hurt my thumb webbing muscle a lot but not in the usual way, I got cramp in it, don't have enough fluid in my body, I'm very dehydrated.

And today I actually realized how much larger my thumb webbing muscle is in my left hand, from all the reverse bending. There actually a huge difference. Maybe that's why left is stronger, I have no idea, it's super strange.

That sucks man. Who did you buy the steel from? So I know not to use them in the future. 

Im sad to hear about your health. I keep hoping that its something temporary and you will bounce back someday. I have a bunch of different short steel from bars to bolts so let me know if you want some and I'll send em your way 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been doing lots of wrist curls and bicep curls the last few weeks and some triceps also. I will continue doing this and I will not do any real grip training anymore. Just wrist training. The only grip I will do is to squeeze a dynamometer once a week.

Recently saw Vitaly Laletin on Larry Wheels channel trying out some dynamo training and I think I will try out his training method for it. Just train once a week and try to hit as big numbers as possible every time.

Not going to do any grippers either, in fact I have donated them all to another person who needs them more and I will keep a few just for nostalgic reasons.

I can hit 110 kg on my dynamometer but I can barely close the #2.5. Which I think is very odd. I did 115.7 kg as my best when I could close grippers in the range of 160-165. 

Just proves how important the set is for grippers.

Also tried to bend a 8x140 mm rebar in reverse style and it felt very good but almost no movement on it, just 1-2 degrees. Which is fine because bending that bar like that is a significant bend. I have not done any bending in a while now. I might buy a few G8's and try to see how much I can do on them. It will probably be the last time I bend in that case.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Since last update I haven't been able to train as much due to muscle fatigue. I have done a few sessions.

Last monday I tried to reverse bend a 8x160 mm rebar (HRS) got it to around 20 degrees. Which surprised me.

Today I decided to go to the store and buy some more. Tried 8x178 mm and managed to bend it easily (but with a lot of pain). Got it to 60 degrees in under 30 seconds. I will call this a PB since it felt much easier than it did 2 years ago when I last was able to bend these.

I'm much happier with this because I'm much weaker now than I was back then.

Just realized it took me one year or training to get to this level again. However I think I'm way better and stronger from the elbow and down in this exercise now. My thumb however feels much worse so I have to take it easy so I don't get injured.

Good to know that the heavy kink training actually payed off. Was a bit skeptical becuase I didn't feel any improvement at all. But I think the last two bends with the HRS rebar proves it worked out good.

Will buy some 1/4x6" G8 bolts next week and see how it goes. It would be great if I could bend at least one of them. But I don't expect to do it. I know how ridiculous the sweep is on them and that's my weakest part in bending.

• Like 3

Tried to bend the G8 again today. I'm stronger but what can I say.... Those bolts are ridiculous. I got it past 20 degrees in one hit but damn, it feels like I'm bending springs. You don't need a wrist developer when you have bolts like this :laugh

Tried 8x170 mm rebar (HRS) after that and bent it very easily to 50 degrees. I'm pretty sure the G8 bolts are harder at the same length or maybe the same. I will try 160 mm next week.

Unfortunately I get a lot of inflammation in my thumb joint. It really hurts, more than ever before. I might have to take more rest than one week. Although today I did feel that it took me exactly seven days to recover completely. It hurt slightly less than last week so hopefully I will be even stronger next monday.

• Like 4

If you can, you should try setting up a rating rig for steel. You can catalogue and compare your rebar for training much easier.

Since I started rating I was able to compare rebar to the g8

At 6" the G8 (Horne 207k) rated 150kg and rebar (current) at 145kg.

This current rebar batch is very hard compared to my previous ones, which I would place around 130kg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

If you can, you should try setting up a rating rig for steel. You can catalogue and compare your rebar for training much easier.

Since I started rating I was able to compare rebar to the g8

At 6" the G8 (Horne 207k) rated 150kg and rebar (current) at 145kg.

This current rebar batch is very hard compared to my previous ones, which I would place around 130kg

I don't really care about rating for my training. I've had my best results with grippers when I didn't know the exact ratings. I will do the same with steel.

Also any bolt (of high quality) will always be harder for me regardless of rating because I always have problems in the sweep (and crush if I do that).

So if G8 bolts rates the same as a red nail it will be harder to finish for me anyways.

I will send you PM, if you're interested in rating steel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HRS Rebar
8x160 mm - 50 deg
8x155 mm - 45 deg

CRS S355
8x180 mm - 2 deg

HRS 235
8x150 mm in thin wraps touching - nothing :laugh Not sure what the deal is here, this steel should be easy but it's safe to say this steel varies a lot!!!

6x6x150 mm square C45 in thin wraps touching - 20 deg, same as before, feels like I'm hitting my hand into a wall. This steel behaves very strange compared to all other steel I've tried. There's no spring at all, just a very sudden change in resistance.

Standard rebar (whatever that steel is called, I always forget)
8x180 mm - 20 deg

The good and the bad:

Good thing is I'm just as strong as I was before my health started to decline rapidly 2 years ago.

Bad thing is that it took me one year to get here, when I tried to bend last time it took me 2 months. My hand is also destroyed to the point where I'm in very serious doubt if I should continue or not. Regardless I will take a few months of rest. Might have reached my max. My hands simply don't have enough fluid, so they are very vulnerable.
I will decide next time I bend if it's worth to continue or not. If not I will switch to training thick bar I think.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Tried some bending since last time. I think I can continue but there is a risk for severe injury for sure. But I think I will take the risk.

The HRS rebar I bought recently is much weaker than the previous three batches I got. Which was pretty hard, this one is actually easier than the 6x6 square CRS C45 bars I have. That's why I  was able to bend it so easily. I've managed to bend it at 146 mm and I've been able to bend it past 20 degrees at 150 mm with thin pads touching.
Also managed to bend the HRS round bar I bought which is supposed to be "easy". But that bar is harder. I don't think I will buy anymore HRS, it's just too big variance on it.

4 degrees on the 8x180 mm 355 CRS.

Also tried another G8 bolt and sadly I'm stuck at the same place I was five years ago when I barely trained bending. Can get it to around 10 degrees with thin pads touching. These bolts will be huge challenge for me. If I'm ever able to bend them I will rank it much higher than anything else I've ever done.
I mean, I've been stuck at various levels with grippers in the past and managed to break away from it. But this is way harder, bending is not just hard because the resistance. It hurts a lot also which takes all the fun out of it. It's the worst form of training I've ever done.

Done some sledge levering also. First time I did it I felt stronger than before. Second time I was back where I'm usually at. I'm going to try to increase the volume with this now, trying to break away from my pathetic low level in wrist levering.
Starting with 6 sets minimum per training session from now

Tried some plate curling also, haven't done it in a year, lost a lot of strength in it.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Tried some bending since last time. I think I can continue but there is a risk for severe injury for sure. But I think I will take the risk.

The HRS rebar I bought recently is much weaker than the previous three batches I got. Which was pretty hard, this one is actually easier than the 6x6 square CRS C45 bars I have. That's why I  was able to bend it so easily. I've managed to bend it at 146 mm and I've been able to bend it past 20 degrees at 150 mm with thin pads touching.
Also managed to bend the HRS round bar I bought which is supposed to be "easy". But that bar is harder. I don't think I will buy anymore HRS, it's just too big variance on it.

4 degrees on the 8x180 mm 355 CRS.

Also tried another G8 bolt and sadly I'm stuck at the same place I was five years ago when I barely trained bending. Can get it to around 10 degrees with thin pads touching. These bolts will be huge challenge for me. If I'm ever able to bend them I will rank it much higher than anything else I've ever done.
I mean, I've been stuck at various levels with grippers in the past and managed to break away from it. But this is way harder, bending is not just hard because the resistance. It hurts a lot also which takes all the fun out of it. It's the worst form of training I've ever done.

Done some sledge levering also. First time I did it I felt stronger than before. Second time I was back where I'm usually at. I'm going to try to increase the volume with this now, trying to break away from my pathetic low level in wrist levering.
Starting with 6 sets minimum per training session from now

Tried some plate curling also, haven't done it in a year, lost a lot of strength in it.

Be careful man I know we have had some beef in the past due to a misunderstanding on my part but I don't want you to get hurt and I hope your health will get better and that you will eventually be able to get back on your feet.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Be careful man I know we have had some beef in the past due to a misunderstanding on my part but I don't want you to get hurt and I hope your health will get better and that you will eventually be able to get back on your feet.

I don't remember that...

I will be careful, thanks. I can't really do much because it hurts so bad. My hand starts to cramp and then I know I'm done. But of course there's always a risk for muscle injury when you're dry like I am.

Really doubt I will be gaining much more strength in this but I might be wrong. I thought I would never get past 150 RGC on grippers either. But as I said this feels a lot harder becasue of how harsh bending is on the hands.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I don't remember that...

I will be careful, thanks. I can't really do much because it hurts so bad. My hand starts to cramp and then I know I'm done. But of course there's always a risk for muscle injury when you're dry like I am.

Really doubt I will be gaining much more strength in this but I might be wrong. I thought I would never get past 150 RGC on grippers either. But as I said this feels a lot harder becasue of how harsh bending is on the hands.

That really sucks man I know what it's like when your body isn't cooperating.

I hope you're wrong and that you will continue to gain strength it might take a very long time for you to gain strength but I am sure you will be a lot stronger in let's say a year from now.

Edited by DevilErik

• 2 months later...

I'm going to start some training again and hopefully it will go better this time.

I was fairly close to dying right before christmas. Had to spend a week in the hospital. I was down to 75 kg bw and when I got home I could only do five push-ups, only walk 100 m before I was forced to rest etc.

Still recovering but I'm back up to 90 kg now and I can do 30 push-ups.

Hand dynamometer test was down to around 65 kg and is back up to 105 kg now. Still have no technique for grippers but I'm going to start some training with them and see how far I can get.

I tried some bending (last time I do that). Reverse is probably the same. I could get G8 bolt to around 22 degrees in one hit. However it's just a dead stop after that. I don't want to spend anymore energy on that, it's not worth it. DO bending was really weak, couldn't even bend a G8, reverse is actually stronger.

I have done some wrist work with plate wrist curls and sledge hammer.

Before when I was very sick I couldn't even do plate wrist curls anymore because there was not enough water in my hands that could protect my nerves. I got like electric shocks and other types of pain because of it. Now it feels like it should again. So I'm going to start training that again.

Also tried some SB holds with a #3 and got 5 seconds, without shalk and almost no knurling. I don't think I ever did anything good with this gripper just becasue it's very hard to do holds with since the knurling is all worn out. I think I got 30 seconds or so at my best. Will try to get some SB training in as well since I think it can be quite fun, plus I get set practice.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

I'm going to start some training again and hopefully it will go better this time.

I was fairly close to dying right before christmas. Had to spend a week in the hospital. I was down to 75 kg bw and when I got home I could only do five push-ups, only walk 100 m before I was forced to rest etc.

Hand dynamometer test was down to around 65 kg and is back up to 105 kg now. Still have no technique for grippers but I'm going to start some training with them and see how far I can get.

I tried some bending (last time I do that). Reverse is probably the same. I could get G8 bolt to around 22 degrees in one hit. However it's just a dead stop after that. I don't want to spend anymore energy on that, it's not worth it. DO bending was really weak, couldn't even bend a G8, reverse is actually stronger.

Before when I was very sick I couldn't even do plate wrist curls anymore because there was not enough water in my hands that could protect my nerves. I got like electric shocks and other types of pain because of it. Now it feels like it should again. So I'm going to start training that again.

Also tried some SB holds with a #3 and got 5 seconds, without shalk and almost no knurling. I don't think I ever did anything good with this gripper just becasue it's very hard to do holds with since the knurling is all worn out. I think I got 30 seconds or so at my best. Will try to get some SB training in as well since I think it can be quite fun, plus I get set practice.

I am sorry to hear about your health man I am glad you're doing better now.

Good luck on your new journey and hopefully you'll be back to full strength in no time!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

I noticed you weren't here for a while. Keep fighting the good fight. Glad you are feeling better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sad to hear about your health. Hope you recover stronger than ever! 💪 the fact that you don't stop grinding is a testament to your perseverance and strength. Wishing you all the best.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update. What I've been doing the last week.

Dumbbell work, sledge levering. Been to a gym twice, lifting light weights and working with machines.
Swimming. First time I've been in water since the summer of 2002. Luckily I didn't drown, apparently swimming is like riding a bike, once you have learned it you never forget it :) 

My cardio is actually very good, however muscles got very tired from swimming.

Thumbless training, some pull-ups, I can do around 4 reps now which is good becasue I couldn't do any a month ago.

Some 1HP with 50 mm block.

Tried reverse bending again yesterday. I said I won't do anymore of it but I think I've changed my mind. I will probably try a little bit more because I'm actually stronger than ever before. Was able to bend 6x6 mm C45 square steel very easily with thin leathers touching at 150 mm lenght. Which was a PR.

Then I tried 8x170 mm hard rebar with full size Horrido leathers thouching in the middle and managed to get it to around 7 degrees. It felt impossible, didn't feel like I was moving it at all. So I did that in just one quick hit. This bar is like a red nail or even a hard red nail since it was shorter than 7".

Done some plate curls also.

Dynamo squeeze with right hand is up to 108.4 kg.

Left hand (different dynamo) is 83 kg.

Waiting for some screws to arrive so I can start to train with the Tetting springs I have. Should be here in the beginning of next month.

Once I get everything set up I will start to train everything again. As I did some years ago when I thought it was fun. I'm going to get back to that habit again for sure.

BW is up to 91 kg now. (With less fat than before).

• Like 4

That’s great news. Glad to hear everything is going good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since last update I've been doing...

Triceps and biceps, bunch of exercises in cable machines, incline DB presses, some very light deadlifts and squats, kettlebell work, mostly bottom up presses plus some radial deviation. A few sets of sledge hammer levering. Some thumbless lifts with square handle, tried 1RM, managed to lift 54.5 kg, maybe had a few more kg's in the tank. I think my best with this was probably around 70 kg. It's much harder than a round handle. I could do around 80 kg on the RT back then. So maybe my RT would be around 65-68 kg now if I tried. Thumbless.

Dynamo test was slightly weaker, reverse bending also, I got a 175 mm rebar (hard) to  little over 12 degrees, with horrido leathers at 6 cm from the ends.

Today I tried some close grip bench press, managed 90 kg fairly easy, I think I'm good for around 100 kg. Which is actually much more than I was expecting, I have to be humble and realize that I could only do 5 push-ups two months ago at 10 kg less body weight. I'm at around 91-92 kg now consistently. Hopefully I can get up to around 100 again and be healthier than before. I barely eat any fat now, only fat I eat is basically the good type.

Also did some deadlifts and a bunch of tricep work and some cable rows. Also DB rows for the first time in a very long time. 45 kg was the heaviest db's they had and they felt good to work with. I think I can get back to where I was, I can probably surpass my old level as well. I did 90 kg x 3, so let's aim for 100 kg x 3 this time. Might take a year or two.

I've finally recieved the screws I've ordered. So hopefully in the next update I've done some gripper training.

• Like 6

Keep it up 

First training day with grippers today. I finally have real screws to lock the handles with. Using M6 screws now, you can put a lot more torque on these so the handles are really on there like they were glued on. 

Did some close grip bench press and OHP while I was training grippers. I don't remember how many sets I did, I think it was 10 sets of 5 with SM spring at 125~ lbs. I also tried GM spring at 145 lbs and managed to close it with RH, missed with LH.

Did some tricep work in machines and biceps.

DB Bicep curl and 1H tricep pull-down Superset, 2 sets.

Then 1H reverse grip tricep pull-down, 2 sets.

DB bicep curl strict, a few sets up to 22.5 kg.

Normal DB bicep curls up to 27.5 kg.

Tried 30 kg and wasn't able to lift it but it felt close.

Yesterday I did some DOH deadlifts and some squats the day before that.

Seal rows.

Leg machines etc.

Unfortunately I have some nerve problems in my body. Mostly affect my legs and feet but is starting to creep in to my hands as well. I don't know what it is yet. I know it's not ALS or MS but it's probably some other type of neural disease which will affect the rest of my life unfortunately. I only sleep 2-3 hours a night right now because of this.

• Like 3

Man that sucks. I hope everything works out a few hours of sleep a night isn’t very good. It can affect so much in your life. Keep moving forward your workout looks great.

Tuesday: Squats, DB rows and lat pull-downs.

SM spring 125~ lbs with filed handle - 5 singles with holds for a few seconds each.

Swimming.

F u c k, I will never do lat pull-downs before swimming again 😬

Wednesday: Thumbless lift - 32 kg 1x15 L&R

Sledge hammer hammer curlzzz - 2 sets
Sledge hammer ulnar deviation - 1 set

4 km walk in cold and windy weather, feet feels like they are ready for amputation.

• Like 5

Leg machines light work - 1 set
Tricep pull-down and zottman curlzzz, rotator cuffs, chest, light WU: 1-2 sets each.

Close grip bench press
20 kg 2x10
40 kg 1x10
50 kg 1x5
70 kg 1x5
80 kg 1x5
60 kg 1x10

Seal row
20 kg 2x10
40 kg 1x10
50 kg 1x7
60 kg 1x5