Ironmind Shipping

Sonofwolf

For now i'll buy 1, 1.5 ,2 and 2.5.

I dont need any calibration,i'm just trying to get stronger and that big difference on 3# rating is most likely defect from those from CoC cause lets be honest you dont buy a 2 and get more like a 2.5 on purpose.

I dont need any calibration,i'm just trying to get stronger and that big difference on 3# rating is most likely defect from those from CoC cause lets be honest you dont buy a 2 and get more like a 2.5 on purpose.

Yeah that's a good set of grippers. Most people get stuck between the 2 and 2.5. Big difference between a 105# close and a 125# close.

As far as the variation, it happens with all levels of grippers. Don't tell IM. They are still hocking the BS line that grippers don't vary.

• Like 1

this guy. Lol
  • Like 1

Read as much as you can. Start with the pinned threads. You have a lot to learn and it's all been covered and very easy to find. Start with this thread.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=28300

We can sure help you out :) Some good recommendations in this thread. The difference in ratings is not a defect, just natural due to factors that cannot totally be controlled.

I have to agree with Matt on the natural variation. I've been playing with the assembly process trying to hammer my process down and I've made a few with identical mounting depths and handle lengths from the same spring batch and they still varies a few pounds. I think it has to due with the heat treat process the springs go through.

Stuff like carbon content, alloy composition, heating processes etc will make the strength of the steel vary. If you factor in that most steel is recycled you'll have improper alloy identification in the recycling process leading to mixed metal content in the finished product. And on top of that you add varying mount and handle spread, it's no wonder grippers vary 10 % or so. It's kind of impressive that they don't vary more than that.