A Must Have Gripper

JeffPeterson

Thanx Tom. By the way I love your web site. I know it took you alot of work over the years and I am sure I speak for everyone who is into grip strength that it is much appreciated :rock:bow

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff Petterson is right it is a very tuff gripper to close.I can not close it yet. The handles are very slick with out the knarling. They are steel handles and feel nice and heavy in your hand. The handle spread is 3.25 inches so it is more difficult to set then the more conventional Ironmind grippers. I am very happy to own a little piece of this history.

I had Mr. Tetting build me one of those. Mine is almost exactly the same the only difference is my wire is .260 compared to .264. It looks the same only theres no rust or history. It's tough to close not quite as hard as the few threes I've tried I think because the sweeps easier. It felt very weird though when I picked it up because it felt 3x heavier then my other grippers.

Tom

Congrats on obtaining an EXCELLENT piece of gripper history :bow

Bill thanks for puttin up the pics,thats the 1st time i have personally seen that type of gripper,cool :cool

Tom how much harder would you say the non-knurling makes it.

Warren Tetting should also be applauded for making this gripper available to the gripboard members :bow

Man, that thing looks brutal! Looking at the way the spring is set it almost looks like it can't be closed, as if the top of the handle would get in the way.

If those grippers are the ones I remember I got to

squeeze them a few times at Mr. Tettings house

before they were sold, and if I remember correctly

Jeff can correct me if I am wrong but I closed one

and almost within about 1/8 inch closed the other.

Matt

Tom

Congrats on obtaining an EXCELLENT piece of gripper history :bow

Bill thanks for puttin up the pics,thats the 1st time i have personally seen that type of gripper,cool :cool

Tom how much harder would you say the non-knurling makes it.

Warren Tetting should also be applauded for making this gripper available to the gripboard members :bow

Gazza, The difference between knarling and non is unreal. Once you get used to the knarling, where you know once you set it it pretty much stays, this thing slips all over the place. Granted I have not tried it with chalk yet, but feeling is just weird :blink

If those grippers are the ones I remember I got to

squeeze them a few times at Mr. Tettings house

before they were sold, and if I remember correctly

Jeff can correct me if I am wrong but I closed one

and almost within about 1/8 inch closed the other.

Matt

Matt, Warren told me he has two of the old grippers left. One with a .225 spring(beginner) and the other a .235 ( advance) spring. Are these the other ones you tried?

Matt

Matt, Warren told me he has two of the old grippers left. One with a .225 spring(beginner) and the other a .235 ( advance) spring. Are these the other ones you tried?

The one you got was the one that I had closed.

Matt

Matt

The one you got was the one that I had closed.

Matt

Awesome job Matt :rock

Thanks Tom :D

are you able to close it??

Matt

Thanks Tom :D

are you able to close it??

Matt

Saturday is my next Grip day so I am going to chalk up and try it then. But when I got it Wednesday I gave it a good squeeze and it sure didn't act like it wanted to close :cry

Tom my experiance when trying to close

those particular grippers found it better

not to use much chalk, I myself don't

use chalk with grippers anymore, well sometimes

I use a very little.

Matt