A Must Have Gripper

JeffPeterson

Warren found a gripper he made from 1965. He is willing to sell it. The wire diameter is that of a two. There are some factors that make this gripper very tough. Non-knurled handles, the Deepest setting possible of handles to spring and a wide spread of a little over 3.25. This gripper is definatley in the three range, I really had to squeeze to shut it.

This is one of the first "strong" hand grippers ever made, ever. He says if anybody is interested post what you'll pay for it, so others know what the bid is up to, and if you want call him ant let him know. He'd post this but doesn't have internet access. I'm bidding on this and I'm going to start at a low $25. If your intrested speak up before someone snatches it.

Can he make grippers identical to the one which sold on Ebay recently for several hundred dollars? :blink :stuart :tongue

He probably could, but the RB full chrome are just as nice without the history. How do I know? Well I've got both. They really are THAT nice!

I will go $40.00

Matt

$75

Warren seems to have an idea of what he would like to get for the gripper. I don't know how much, so he doesn't want to end the auction until its around there. This is all from him. I guess if people have bids they want to make make them because once it hits a point he sell on it.

I'll bid $85.

Also, I think that Warren should provide a "certificate of authenticity." There also should be some type of description of the history of the gripper to go along with the certificate. I'd like to see where it falls in the time-line of everything he has made. Didn't these old grippers have the thing below the spring coil and above the handle seemingly to keep the spring at a certain width?

Seems weird to bid against myself, but I guess the “reserve is not met” in E-bay terms.

My bid now is $95.

Had i more money to spend on grippers (i got a wife if you see what i mean :tongue ) and if i didn't live in France i would surely bid more than you Tom...This gripper is indeed a must have item.

Seriously i hope you'll get it AND THAT YOU'LL POST PICS OF IT ON YOUR SITE !!! :yikes:rock

I think if Mr. Tetting plans to sell when his price is met, he should just post what he wants for the gripper. Then first to step up gets it. It's funny, but this gripper should be generating more interest than it is.

BTW, does this gripper correspond to one of the Ironman grippers? If so i'd consider buying it to give to a friend who had one stolen.

amaury, Well it's hard to bid higher when you are bidding against yourself! Pat has a point, but I can't be glued to the board all day to wait for a post from someone who doesn't have a computer :D

Perhaps if we knew the "reserve" the real bidding could start there. A specified time after the last bid (say one day), a sort of going, going, gone, the auction would end. If no-one wants it at that price then the auction will end in one day.

I told Warren what everyone thinks about this topic. He says three more weeks. So lets say June 23. I guess he really, really wants everyone to have a chance to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Your last chance to bid on the gripper is Sunday. Monday morning I'll contact Warren with the winning amount.

All bids after 11:00 Central time will not count. I'll be on at 11:00 to see who gets it.

It looks like two serious bidders left. If you're serious get your bid up now. I don't want a lot of people trying to get it in at the last minute and they just miss the deadline. I want to make sure no one gets upset over this. If you're serious about the gripper make your bid. See if the others want it more then you.

The times listed for my posts are not accurate know your timezone and the central timezone.

Well Jeff and T Black I will not be around today at 11 AM so given this unusual bidding process I am going to top my bid out at $250.00. Obviously in a real bidding situation I would probably go higher than that but this is my bid :(

Congratulations Tom. Well, you threw down the gauntlet and I didn't pick it up. I obviously could have jumped in for more, but it was a little over what I wanted to spend. That was a good bid, not much higher than I was thinking as my maximum.

$160

Whoops. Soory, I didn't see the second page. Looks like this is getting too rich for my blood.

Sorry about that

Edited by SqeezeMasterFlash