Closed My #2. :)

Guest Chris Mellen

Guest Chris Mellen

No warming up... I just grabbed it and gave it everything I had.

This close was a "just barely," but who cares????

I am a long way from mastering the gripper, but this is certainly a step in the right direction!

For anyone wondering, I stopped doing KTA about three weeks ago. It was overtraining my hands. (Or more like, I took a break from it. I'll do it again in the near future.) I designed something similar to the Westside Template--one day for speed, another for power. I have also been doing random grip workouts for weeks (pinch gripping, farmers walk, fingertip pushups, etc.). It was with my right hand.

NUMBER THREE, HERE I COME! :)

:rock

--Chris

Awesome, keep up the good work ! :bow

Nice Job. Keep going and put the #3 down.

good job, keep up the good work :rock:rock

Guest Chris Mellen

:D Thanks, folks.

Unfortunately, it seems like a fluke.

That day, I just barely closed it. Later, I did it a gain, but with a bit more force. About five minutes later, in a rage, I CRUSHED it. (Even a bit of grinding.)

However, I've yet to do it again... I"ve gotten very close, but no close.

Any suggestions?

--Chris

Don't worry, just keep up your training and you will mash it every time :)

:D Thanks, folks.

Unfortunately, it seems like a fluke.

That day, I just barely closed it. Later, I did it a gain, but with a bit more force. About five minutes later, in a rage, I CRUSHED it. (Even a bit of grinding.)

However, I've yet to do it again... I"ve gotten very close, but no close.

Any suggestions?

--Chris

You have to get over the "my hands feel overtrained" thing. It's mentioned as one of the rules of engagement when doing the KTA program. It becomes a mental thing. PM me with details of your results, how far you got into it, etc. as I assume you made it thru to the peaking cycle?

One other tip. If you want to master the grippers quicker, you need to drop pinch work for awhile. Most people cannot make max gains for crushing by pinching and crushing at the same time and I've found pinching ZAPS my crush. So have a few others on this board.

Yeah pinching takes alot out of my crushing strength to. I work the crushing grip then the pinch grip and sometimes wrists last if I feel like it.

Nice goin Chris! I think your less than consistent ability with the grippers is completely normal.

Guest gripmaster316

There's nothing like closing a gripper that you have been working on, try not to train everyday. Warmup and then try it again, and again.

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

L.J.

Guest MikeTheBear

Nice job! What was your overall impression of the KTA program? Just how bad was the overtraining? I am seriously considering purchasing this program and would like a bit more info on it. Thanks.

About five minutes later, in a rage, I CRUSHED it.

THAT'S WHAT I WANNA HEAR!!!!! :yikes:bow:bow

Refer to my thread entitled, "Are You Too Nice to Your Gripper?"

What was your overall impression of the KTA program? Just how bad was the overtraining?

It is certainly high volume, but I wouldn't call it overtraining.

Guest MikeTheBear

Thanks Adam. I probably shouldn't have said overtraining, but high volume. I don't have a problem with high volume if the results are there, and it seems that they are.

Congrats.

How long did it take you to go from closing the # 1 to closing the # 2 ?

No warming up... I just grabbed it and gave it everything I had.

This close was a "just barely," but who cares????

I am a long way from mastering the gripper, but this is certainly a step in the right direction!

For anyone wondering, I stopped doing KTA about three weeks ago. It was overtraining my hands. (Or more like, I took a break from it. I'll do it again in the near future.) I designed something similar to the Westside Template--one day for speed, another for power. I have also been doing random grip workouts for weeks (pinch gripping, farmers walk, fingertip pushups, etc.). It was with my right hand.

NUMBER THREE, HERE I COME! :)

:rock

--Chris

good job.. i also just closed the #2 recently.

2strong-

give me your stats..... weight/height

measurements of body- arms, forarms, chest those sort of things, i took a look at your forarms they look pretty big. :blush